Thread: Battle for Eilean Donan's RELEASED!! (historical battle for med2)

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

Default Battle for Eilean Donan's RELEASED!! (historical battle for med2)

Battle for Eilean Donan's 1.0

after a week of hard word on med2's editor, i finally released this historical battle!
    The battle is located close to Eilean Donan's Castle (the one seen in Highlander the movie), in the Western Scottish Highlands (see pic in the spoiler)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Factions: England and Scotland
    Playable faction: England

Battle description (fictional history) :

Western Highlands, 1345 AD
    England's army is moving towards the western scottish highlands, to conquer the last fortress of the MacKenzie's clan. Fortress having a name: Eilean Donan! This castle, is connected to the mainland by a footbridge and lies about half a mile from the village of Dornie. England's army conquered easily Dornie with their massive army but, when they was at sight of Eilean Donan's island, they had a bad surprise... An huge Highlander army, is blocking the passage to the castle.... On the hill before the bridge, there are multiple ground fortifications and defenses, to protect scottish archers and light infantry against english cavalry... English has only one way to bypass the fortifications... and the bigger part of Highlanders are defending that position! Purpose of the player, is to gain and secure control of the non fortified passage, defeating the main Highlander army and then pass crossing the bridge to reach and destroy Eilean Donan's last islanders defence..

README
    :

Open the .rar file

copy the folder Battle_for_Eilean_Donan's and paste it into "....Medieval II Total War\data\world\maps\battle\custom

now open the game, enter Historical Battles and then select Battle_for_Eilean_Donan's

HINTS: in the battle, there are 4 scotland armies and 3 english ones... at the selection screen, before launching the battle, you can choose which of the three english armies u wanna use... after the choice, the other two english army (your allies) will be driven totally by the AI

HOPE U WILL APPRECIATE MY MOD.. THANKS ALL

DAVIDE.COOL

Last edited by DAVIDE; January 25, 2011 at 06:35 AM.

Default Re: Battle for Eilean Donan's RELEASED!! (historical battle for med2)

grande davide! good job! ;D
    .:|Sudcommaner aka siculo-calabrese|:.

.:Song Dynasty Preview:.

Quote Originally Posted by sud commander View Post
    grande davide! good job! ;D
    thanks dawg

williammarshal's Avatar Civis

looks nice, you must have a super high speed computer, never seen so many units on the field at one time!

no.. i can play with AA 2x and Af 16x...

http://rapidshare.com/files/15338145...nan_s.rar.html

The link you posted has not been through the hyperlink button. Copy and paste the link above to your main post. Oh and great job!

done. thanks

danova's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Good job, mate!

great job ottimo lavoro

Epic battle!

thanks

I've used part of your map for my mongolian invasion video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbigdBZRlJE

ok

Files reupdated. Mod added into download section of twc (sorry for the necroposting lol)

I never saw this before, it looks interesting, I think I will give it a try.

Thanks for updating the links davide.cool.
    The Watchwords Of Midnight
    "The brave and the free fear no foe, go forth, mighty hosts of Midnight! Unto death or victory we go!"

The Midnight Chronicles