Thread: Supreme Ruler 2020?

Default Supreme Ruler 2020?

I just got this today, going out on a limb, noone had heard of it or knew what it was. Turns out to be very interesting, if a bit too complicated for a peasent like myself.

It turns out that Paradox Interactive are the publishers of this game (I recognised the "PARADOX" stamped on the back and went 'hmm, sounds familiar...'), explaining the superficial similarities it seems to have with games like EU. Now all I need to know is how I'm supposed to play the game! HELP!

Default Re: Supreme Ruler 2020?

I have it. It's pretty complicated with finace, but other than that is alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Celsius View Post
    I have it. It's pretty complicated with finace, but other than that is alright.
    I've been playing for a while and utterly stumped. My funds go up but my GDP goes down... Hmmm...

This game wasn't really well designed and it has a lot of bugs so don't expect much.

However it is still fun for a while.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

yeah....for a while

Horrrible tutorial . HORRIBLE.
    "If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance." - George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

Orko's Avatar Praeses

I hate that game. SR 2010 has a weigh better gameplay then this
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

I spent 40 bucks on this !

I bought it from gamers gate for $30 i think, it was a waste of money. I bought HOI2 DD for $5 or something and that game was FAR better.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

This game just SUCKS!

Orko's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Celsius View Post
    This game just SUCKS!
    it does! the game is just so annoying! the gameplay is so repetitive and boring and nothing exciting to do. and if something does happen in it, it is something extremely frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

Sidmen's Avatar Mangod of Earth

At first, I was fine with the game and its bugs weren't too annoying - till I loaded up one of my saved where I was germany fighting a war of defense against everyone and their mother, and I realized that I had magically conquered everyone I was fighting, and that my remaining enemies had magically conquered their other enemies. China, who was fighting russia and winning, got split into 3, parts going to Korea, Nepal, and russia. WTH?

This game is way too buggy. It was fun for a while, but once the novelty of the gigantic map wears off its a horrible game.

I would love a game like this if it was done better.
    "For the humble doily is indeed the gateway to ULTIMATE COSMIC POWER!"

~Sidmen, Member of the House of Wilpuri, Patronized by pannonian

the developers need to take time in games that could have been great.