Thread: My new campaign, hilarious!

Default My new campaign, hilarious!

I recently started playing as greeks. The thing is... I've lost all my cities except two on Syracuse This is fo fun, of course i played on VH/VH. A real challange to take back what is mine, any idea what my next move should be?
    Big "Diadochi:Total War" fan! Click HERE to download the full game, and the latest patch!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythos_Ruler View Post
    "Lesbians" are people from Lesbos. The reason we call homosexual women "lesbians" today was because of the famous poet Sapho from Lesbos who extolled the virtues of female love. Just some FYI.

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

Default Re: My new campaign, hularious!

I think you should really consider on what units to recruit to maintain your little kingdom - too expensive units will bankrupt you, while too cheap ones can be useless, but if you use them right, even cheap ones can be of really good use.

So it's really all down to good strategy - know your enemy and know how to counter them. If you have Syracuse, I suggest you devise a plan to capture the whole island and then try to get the silver mines in Sardinia - lots of income!

jaconh94, in XGMD quite a few things are different from vanilla/XGM/other mods. So, there will be sort of learning curve.
    As for playing GCS, I would suggest to pick up priorities: which cities you hold to (no matter what), and which you could let go if cornered. Sooner or later you'll get back what's yours. In the beginning, many of you victories will be Phyrric victories, and most, if not all, of your income will go into recruitment/retraining.
    I play on H/H with fatigue on, and still my losses are quite high in the beginning and first 10 turns are tough, although it depends on the faction you play. (so far, I played Achaean League, Pergamon, and Dacia). One tip, put your trust in greek peltasts and slingers. Send them on flanks or behind enemy lines, and they will take down even tough XGMD phalanx
    Last edited by Stilgar CG; October 10, 2008 at 08:28 AM.

Okay ... What is fatigue?
    Big "Diadochi:Total War" fan! Click HERE to download the full game, and the latest patch!

"Lesbians" are people from Lesbos. The reason we call homosexual women "lesbians" today was because of the famous poet Sapho from Lesbos who extolled the virtues of female love. Just some FYI.

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

Default Re: My new campaign, hilarious!

There's an option to turn fatigue on/off before you start each campaign. It's right where the difficulty settings are.
    As for what it is: Fatigue noun To weary with labor or any bodily or mental exertion; to harass with toil; to exhaust the strength or endurance of; to tire.

Basically, if you turn fatigue off, the troops on the battlefield won't tire and will be always 100% effective. If you have fatigue on, then troops that have been involved in prolonged fighting or running are a lot less effective, die easier and do less damage. Answered your question?

Default Re: My new campaign, hilarious!

Yes