Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Collaboration with Rusichi:Total World

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Default Collaboration with Rusichi:Total World

If you are not familiar with this excellent, groundbreaking mod I suggest you check it out IMMEDIATELY:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=187774

For those of you that are familiar with our Russian friends, you will know that they are dedicated to a very high standard of production, with some awe-inspiring ideas. They are really friendly guys too, and we are proud to announce that with a bit of PM chatting we are planning to work together and share resources. Dominion's main scope has been rooted in Campaign Scripting and much of this is likely to get shipped off to Russia. In return we can safely say that much of the eastern promises you see in their high-def screenshots will be brightening up the far -right- border of our map! Exact details will get posted in the next few weeks, hopefully we can cram some goodies into the preview too.
    Last edited by Hengest; October 09, 2008 at 06:54 PM.

Default Re: Collaboration with Rusichi:Total World

That's an excellent news, man! Looking forward to working with them.

Author of the ---== Knights Templar Mod ==---
    Creator of the ---== Lord Calidor's Weapon Pack 1 ==---
    Member of the ---== Dominion of the Sword ==--- and ---== C.B.U.R.P ==---

Quote Originally Posted by Hross View Post

If you are not familiar with this excellent, groundbreaking mod I suggest you check it out IMMEDIATELY:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=187774

For those of you that are familiar with our Russian friends, you will know that they are dedicated to a very high standard of production, with some awe-inspiring ideas. They are really friendly guys too, and we are proud to announce that with a bit of PM chatting we are planning to work together and share resources. Dominion's main scope has been rooted in Campaign Scripting and much of this is likely to get shipped off to Russia. In return we can safely say that much of the eastern promises you see in their high-def screenshots will be brightening up the far -right- border of our map! Exact details will get posted in the next few weeks, hopefully we can cram some goodies into the preview too.
    I took a look at some of the work they've been doing and I got to say I'm impressed, but I gotta say that their units are top notch. Perhaps the BEST I've seen so far...let's hope I'm wrong.
    DKnIgHT, ODiN_X
    Like my comments, like me, like what I do?! If so, rep me and leave your name so I can rep you back!
    -Dominion of the Sword: Promotional, Traits, Admin Assistant, and Coder

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Great news indeed!!!!!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Hross you're quite a character aren't you?

Bra jobbat!

Most pleasing news

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

good news. had seen the rusichi team say their work would be free for use for anyone with credit earlier. good to see dots take advantage of their generosity.

out of curiosity, what units are you planning for the armenians and georgians? have you sought the use of others' work or making a go of them yourselves?

Great :
    Reap the promised end to the struggle. Reap every point on our linear path.
    Reap the smiles in time we borrow, every harvest relies on the last.
    Reap the promising song of the sparrow, that they learned from the birth of sea.
    Silenced by the threnody of the crows. Reap the fallen fruit of the dogwood tree.
    But I witnessed in all this silence one soul's definition of beauty. and a backlit smile so temporary.
    A facade so rich with evil history. Cast in direct opposition set to overwhelm this moment to shine and sleep.
    came out on top of what was borrowed, and found all that beauty to be still...

Walkman810i's Avatar Biarchus

Great news indeed (omg Anthonius stole my words). I've seen their work and it's awesome. It's good to see this co-op.

You know, I'm just wondering if the western Europeans and other Muslim factions will have units looking as gorgeous as the Eastern European. It'll be both frustrating and funny to see both units battling, one looking awesome and the other...not so much.
    DKnIgHT, ODiN_X
    Like my comments, like me, like what I do?! If so, rep me and leave your name so I can rep you back!

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by OdinX View Post
    You know, I'm just wondering if the western Europeans and other Muslim factions will have units looking as gorgeous as the Eastern European. It'll be both frustrating and funny to see both units battling, one looking awesome and the other...not so much.
    Yes there will be...
    The modeling team of DotS gaurandee this!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Good point though, there will be different qualities/origins to our units in the early Beta versions. Mainly because we cannot re-make 400 units from scratch unless we had a skinning team as energetic as Broken Crescent's, what people forget with that mod though is that the majoirty of units/factions were similar with similar textures. Dominion will cover a variety of factions during over 400 years so it is quite a lot of work. Anyway, I'm glad you all like the news.

Good point though, there will be different qualities/origins to our units in the early Beta versions. Mainly because we cannot re-make 400 units from scratch unless we had a skinning team as energetic as Broken Crescent's, what people forget with that mod though is that the majoirty of units/factions were similar with similar textures. Dominion will cover a variety of factions during over 400 years so it is quite a lot of work. Anyway, I'm glad you all like the news.
    Alpha Delta was the one who made about 90% of the units in BC...
    Reap the promising song of the sparrow, that they learned from the birth of sea.
    Silenced by the threnody of the crows. Reap the fallen fruit of the dogwood tree.
    But I witnessed in all this silence one soul's definition of beauty. and a backlit smile so temporary.
    A facade so rich with evil history. Cast in direct opposition set to overwhelm this moment to shine and sleep.

Exaxtly, quite the energetic fella...

Exaxtly, quite the energetic fella...
    We is also the creator of For King or Country: The English Civil War...

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Yes there will be...
    The modeling team of DotS gaurandee this!
    Great news, thank you Anthonius.
    DKnIgHT, ODiN_X

And yes Hross, good point. Still can't wait to see fruits of everyone's efforts tho.
    DKnIgHT, ODiN_X

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Cobra View Post
    We is also the creator of For King or Country: The English Civil War...
    He made that in like a month.

...what people forget with [Broken Crescent] though is that the majoirty of units/factions were similar with similar textures. Dominion will cover a variety of factions during over 400 years so it is quite a lot of work. Anyway, I'm glad you all like the news.
    i'm not too sure i'd say an Arabian faction (the imamate of oman), an indian faction (malikate of sindh), a turkic faction (kypchaks), an African faction makuria) or a western european faction (kingdom of jerusalem) were all too similar. alphadelta injected quite substantial variety into his all of his units and factions. no need to belittle his work with the claim his units lacked variety. he basically created all of bc's units in just about the same time as the period between dots' false alarm first preview and now. and i'd say bc's popularity even now (especially considering the lack of update in months) is largely attributable to the diversity of units between the factions. the units are gorgeous. and to think he created another mod since then to boot...

Bkyn75, I don't think Hross was trying to belittle AlphaDelta's work, but rather, I think what Hross was trying to point out is that Broken Crescent's span of regions isn't as large as Dots is going to be; that being said, AlphaDelta's work was actually, in some ways, easier to accomplish than what the Dots team is trying to. Now, I'm not saying in any way that AlphaDelta's work is something anyone can do and I'm not really saying it is NOT difficult. What I AM saying is that I don't think AlphaDelta had AS much unit variety to worry about.

However, AlphaDelta is a helluva guy, I don't think anyone really has done as much as he's done in terms of a mod.
    DKnIgHT, ODiN_X

wow looking forward to this collaboration!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast