Thread: No EXE file

Default No EXE file

Tried to install this game, I must say that I'm very excited about it, installed it to my root RTW folder C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War, and then... nothing. The Icon shows up in an ICO folder and there is not an .EXE file in sight, can you help me out with this?

Default Re: No EXE file

Quote Originally Posted by ironcurtin117 View Post
    Tried to install this game, I must say that I'm very excited about it, installed it to my root RTW folder C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War, and then... nothing. The Icon shows up in an ICO folder and there is not an .EXE file in sight, can you help me out with this?
    Could try wiping the folder, and all other traces and try a install again? if that fails try re-downloading. best you dig through all the folders to make sure its not installed in XGM or the like.

Yeah I've done that, resorted to copying and pasting a bunch of the files into the Original XGM folder and rigging the link to the XGMD file.

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

ironcurtin117: All you need to do is point to where your RTW is installed, in this case ...\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\ - if you do that, the Diadochi installer will do everything correctly and if you've done it right, it will look like this: ...\Rome - Total War\xgmD\Data\...

Then you need a shortcut on the desktop (which the installer will place automatically). It will either point to RomeTW-BI.exe, or RomeTW-ALX.exe

Aha, see I have neither BI or Alexander installed currently, I'm going home tomorrow and will pick up the disk there. Thanks Red Fox, I got to play a Custom game and I must say that it was a great experience.