Thread: Odd CTD

Icon4 Odd CTD

HI, In my recent Selucid campaign I began having a problem with CTD's at the loading screen before battles. The game will flicker between a black screen and the desktop and then either completely crash or continue and load the battle normally, the process repeats after the battle. Their is no error message.

The problem occurs in all my campaigns and custom battles now. I believe its not my laptop because the battles I am loading have always worked prior to this. I tried updating to the new update but the problem persists.

My only theory is that in my campaign I had an ungodly number of armys amassing for an invasion of italy (as well as massive armies quelling rebellions around the empire). Could the massive number of armies focused in one spot have caused a problem?

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Odd CTD

Doesn't sound like the normal RTW crash. It might be a problem with graphics drivers. Try updating them and see what happens.

But I can still play other mods and Medieval 2 with graphics cranked all the way up. But I'll give turning down the graphical settings a shot.

Edit:
    Looks like you were right, kinda, I had the map resolution turned up to high. I lost my campaign but I still have XGM! Thanks DBH I wouldn't have thought to check the graphic settings w/out you.
    Last edited by Red; October 08, 2008 at 11:14 AM.

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Does vanilla RTW still work OK? It's possible that your original game files have been messed up.

I fixed it (check the edit in my second post).