Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: strat map

Default strat map

hey,

found this:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=169589

look at the new fortesses. Maybe an idea fore the future.
    Quite a contrast to the fairy tale building style, isn t it ?

btw. you can use my strat map and town/castle skins if you like.
    Last edited by phoen!x; October 07, 2008 at 07:33 AM.

Default Re: strat map

Yeah they look good.

Cheers
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

link was broken sorry.

Another stupid idea. How about deleting the flags on the strat map. Or at least the funktion of indicating the troop strenght of towns and armies. And then change the spy with a recon model and you have much more depth in the game !
    I ll do that when I have my new extern hard drive and a huge unpacked MTW2 installation on it

I dont think it's possible to change the way the game displays force levels on the strat map.

Chees
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

one possibility would be to give the empty flag the same color as the filling colour :hmmm: I guess

But a nice small flag would, of course be more attractive ...

one possibility would be to give the empty flag the same color as the filling colour
    Nope, not possible.

Cheers

strong units push the force level more than weak. There must be values anywhere. And when the values are zero. The flag is always empty ...

Sure a wild goose chase through the data stored in RAM might answer your question! Good luck!

Cheers

i think we need a few more river crossings,as the armys at the time all carried simple river crossing kit,on at least 2 occasions they just tied boats together.it seems an awful long march to cross some of the ones ingame.i think ive got an old map somewhere that shows bridges etc at the time which may prove usefull.

Where would you suggest the crossings be?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaDelta View Post
    Where would you suggest the crossings be?

Cheers
    i"ll find the map and see whats on there.

this is how it could look like

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by phoen!x; October 08, 2008 at 12:25 PM.

Opifex

You could definitely disable strat map flags if you wanted to, I'm sure of it. (Does anybody else feel their grammar automatically improving by participating in this forum?)

The way you do it is delete the bone responsible for that in the model, or by making flags completely alpha-transparent. Either way should do.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

when you make the flag "alpha transparent", Alpha, it would look like they have pikes in the hand
    Just see my picture is too dark. Looks quite different at my pc.

thx Signifier One
    Last edited by phoen!x; October 09, 2008 at 04:16 AM.

The way you do it is delete the bone responsible for that in the model, or by making flags completely alpha-transparent. Either way should do.
    Then you'd have floating faction symbols and probably force levels too.

Cheers

maybe you could assign a transparent faction symbol ?? And delete the force level ?
    I can t test that now since I must wait for my new hard drive ...

here we go
    Last edited by phoen!x; October 09, 2008 at 06:51 AM.

picture updated

btw another thing I never came to make the sprites darker. When you see units from far away they start to shine ... maybe a simple half tansparent layer would perform a miracle here ...
    Last edited by phoen!x; October 09, 2008 at 07:06 AM.

Phoenix,

You have left me feeling confused, I thought you wanted a change to the strat map banners?

Cheers

yes, of course. Sorry for confusing you.

I only wanted to show you one of my town skins. That I have done one year ago or so.
    I am quite proud on them.

Thought you could use them ? Strat map too of course.
    And then I remembered that issue with the shining sprites. Maybe it deosn t disturb you .

Cheers

it is the wrong thread. I know...
    Last edited by phoen!x; October 09, 2008 at 08:12 AM.

I'm seeing 2 pictures of a siege, so I presume it's a texture for the battlemap large town model?

If possible I'd like to change that texture to be red brick.

Cheers

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast