Thread: Towers and customs

Fenix_120's Avatar Senator

Default Towers and customs

Alpha you done the English good.

One of the things that has come to my attention though is that even though in the actual campaign both sides are fairly even, in custom battles Parliament forces are far superior to Royalist.

Their tower Musketeers have more defense than most pikemen and their cavalry is much better with the exception of lifeguards who are even.

So basically Parliament has the best Pikemen and muskets as well as the best cavalry with Dragoons artillery and GBG's being equal.

Thanks for listening and once again great mod
    Last edited by Fenix_120; October 06, 2008 at 11:58 PM.

Default Re: Towers and customs

in custom battles Parliament forces are far superior to Royalist.
    This is only a multiplayer issue , and I would suggest that people set house rules if they feel there is something un-balanced (which there will be because history was not balanced).

Their tower Musketeers have more defense than most pikemen
    The tower hamlet trayned bandes wear buffcoats so they have an armour advantage.

So basically Parliament has the best Pikemen and muskets
    Have you considered that both Ruperts and the Kings lifeguard of infantry is superior to the tower hamlet foote in morale, mental condition, weapons accuracy, formation cohesion and most importantly, recruitment and retraining? You can't look at a single stat and determine the worth of a unit and decide "it's the best in the game". Every stat must be considered.

their cavalry is much better with the exception of lifeguards who are even.
    The Parliamentarian troopers are the weakest cavalry in the game and they form the bulk of Parliaments cavalry. The ironsides are only slightly better than the cavaliers, but the cavaliers have a much bigger recruitment pool. The ironsides are more expensive and they have only an armour improvement over the cavaliers, nothing else. Also most settlements will struggle to recruit ironsides as they are tier 2, however cavaliers are available everywhere with a basic office of horse from turn 0.

The royalists get access to the mounted harqubusiers which are a deadly tool if you know how to use them. Parliament gets a short supply of cuirassiers ONLY from London. This means that if one side actually has an advantage it's clearly the Royalists.

But to be honest, with everything weighed up, it's very even in my opinion. It's a good reflection upon the history of the period where Parliaments cavalry struggled in the early days but with Cromwell's ironsides they turned out a match for the Royalist cav.

Cheers and thanks for the discussions.
    Last edited by AlphaDelta; October 07, 2008 at 04:33 AM.
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.