Page 2 of 393 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752102 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Recruitment1.3/Real Combat1.8/CBUR/BFTB/BGR IV Compilation - 2009 Version - April 8 with update April 23

Default Re: *** Real Recruitment 1.2 / Real Combat 1.7 Beta released ***

I will get a small patch out soon to fix the missing cards, textures etc. That's why its a beta If you want the denmark textures, download the attached file and run it in the SS6 data directory.

Ikusa IX: Ask JaM about Castille being there, I remember he had a good reason. JaM?

Jaccez: you can make the search and replace automated in any text editor, will take about 5 seconds

deadlyshadow187: the issue with separating them is dealing with all the new units, that have replaced old one. The building file that specifies their production will need to be updated, as well as some code for handling metallurgy upgrades. Its actually a lot of work to separate them now.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda Twin View Post
    Hey Point Blank congrats on release.
    Is their an update for the old beta or o we have to redownload everything?
    Need to re-download.

Is the right way to get this to work properly to install

SS 6.1 with RR/RC + Byg then Totalcombat then the new beta?

ignasigh's Avatar Ordinarius

1 question...With what submods is this compatible¿

SSTC, BGR III, Crimson Tide, Real Horses, um, anything that doesn't alter units or buildings file. Its highly possible that it will be made compatible with KT, CBUR, BFTB also.

Swede: that should be fine.

EDIT: Change list on first page updated and clarified.
    Last edited by Point Blank; October 07, 2008 at 04:48 AM.

Ikusa IX: KIng of Spain was also a Duke of Austria - Spanish Kings were Hapsburgs - later they were also Emperors of HRE. There is no way how to simulate it better, would be great to have a script that would give that province to them at better date, but i'm affraid it is not possible to do that. In 1450 they will start with one Austrian province and D'Austria as a governor.
    Overally it makes game much interesting as a Spain -1469 they unite with Aragon, and SPain will become superpower with all its problems... plus with powerfull enemies at its borders (Ottoman Empire, France...)

We cant have all needed factions, thing is, most of factions in that Era were not completly independent - larger factions had influence over them - Burgundy was an ally to English against French - therefore i gave that province to English to simulate that - French king would have to reconquer the Burgundy. Same with Austria - Small states that dont have its lost could be represented as a province of Coutry that had influence over them - that means factions will become more like political groups where one leader (king,emperor,etc...) has control.

I'm not sure why AI swapped capital to Vienna, AI tends to do wierd things...
    Last edited by JaM; October 07, 2008 at 06:29 AM.

No, that isn't a banana

How exactly is the unification handled? I see the spain_unify event, but I can't find anything in the script files that would trigger the combination of Spain and Aragon?

Edit, n/m found it in the script file.
    Last edited by OTZ; October 07, 2008 at 07:07 AM.

Working on fixing the small issues found so far, will add a small patch and update the main download when done.

OTZ: Right now it is just a small script, i plan to extend it a little

No, that isn't a banana

Thanks. I missed it at the bottom of the file.

What happens if Spain is destroyed before '69 - does this cause a CTD?

EDIT - also, as a suggestion. For my AoR mod version of your 1400 Campaign, I will have Poland-Lithuania, and Denmark-Norway in alliances due to personal unions that happened prior to 1400. something you may want to consider.

EDIT 2: No factions are at war with the Slaves - is this intentional?
    Last edited by OTZ; October 07, 2008 at 08:28 AM.

I'm pretty sure JaM will hide something sneaky in there to prevent Spain being destroyed

eskrogh's Avatar Biarchus

EDIT - also, as a suggestion. For my AoR mod version of your 1400 Campaign, I will have Poland-Lithuania, and Denmark-Norway in alliances due to personal unions that happened prior to 1400.
    about the norway denmark thing, why dont you give denmark all scandinavia, and make norway a vassal faction to The great Kingdom of Denmark?
    If people isnt over the minimum standard of living... lower the standard..
    if there is too much poverty in a sociaty, lower the poverty line... my qoutes... comment them if you will...

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Thanx for clearing that up JaMI agree that this is the best way to represent this historical situation and I applaud you for being the first modder ever to boldly place Castille as a power next to Germany too bad I must crush them now

IF YOU DOWNLOADED BEFORE TODAY (OCTOBER 7th) I RECOMMEND YOU DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL AGAIN, THERE ARE NUMEROUS IMPROVEMENTS AND BUGFIXES IN THE LATEST VERSION POSTED.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Peace with Slaves is intentional - They are independent factions so there is actually no reason they should be at war with everybody. peace actually dont make them survive more - AI will attack them anyway,just no longer a blitz game (i also added lot of money to slave, together with modified campaign_AI files, it could make slaves more survivable)

1450 campaign, Castille will be renamed to Spain (actually they used name Spain after 1469 - or Hispania) Also Denmark will became "Denmark-Norway alliance" and Norway will be renamed to Sweden. Polland and Lithuania will be allied as i dont want to remove any of those factions,because they have many interesting unique units, so it would be a loss to the game..

Currently i'm working on addition of War of Roses represented as a several uprising in England (only if England is played by Human) where several high experience armies will appear, together probably with events with description what exactly happend.

Same will be done for HRE and peasant revolts (with large numbers of militia units), Religion wars in France with Hugenot armies and Ottoman expansion into east (only if human dont plays as Ottomans, Egypt or Kwazermians to not spoil a game for him)
    Last edited by JaM; October 07, 2008 at 01:23 PM.

Thanks for the update on the download,hopefully it will fix the 1414 ctd I am currently experiencing

Hmm, nothing special happening in 1414 as far as I know.

Ikusa IX: i posted in old thread some files that makes CTDs go away - looks like some ancilaries traits are doing it so i disabled them.

thanx for the responseshould I look about in the old forum then,or might they show up here??

Old thread, maybe JaM could post them again

I think the ME factions and Mongols will be quite a lot tougher in this version due to their new larger unit sizes relative to the smaller ones in use by western factions during the same time periods. Also their new close-range skirmish cav will shoot the enemy to pieces unless they have some decent missile weapons.

I wonder if light cav light Mongol Light Lancers would act a little more 'hit and run' if set to skirmish class?
    Last edited by Point Blank; October 07, 2008 at 02:19 PM.