Thread: Problem With EXRM installation

Default Problem With EXRM installation

Hey Guys

Im new to the forum, and only found out about extended realism last week. I followed Bladerunner's instructions for the instalaton of v3.3.3 and the copied in the hotfixd thing. But when I try to start the campaign it comes up with the message 'Please select an item from the list'

Wondering if anyone could help

Cheers

Default Re: Problem With EXRM installation

And when i quit it comes up with a script error about the start date in descr strat

Default Re: Problem With EXRM installation

It sounds as if your installation has got corrupted in some way. I suggest you start again from scratch with a clean RTW installation.

1. Uninstall RTW and BI
    2. Manually delete all traces of the Rome – Total War folder.
    3. Re-install RTW and BI
    4. Make sure RTW is v1.5 and BI is v1.6. This is very important.

If you have the Gold edition then they should be the correct versions. If not, you will have to install various patches to get them correct.

This is the part where it can go all wrong. Because there are so many versions of the game out there I can’t really be more specific on how you get it to 1.5 and 1.6

5. DO NOT INSTALL ExRM v3.3.3 (its not needed)
    6. Run ExRM_v334d_setup.exe and install into the root RTW folder where RomeTW.exe and RomeTW-BI.exe reside.

This will install Extended Realism already patched up to v3.3.4d and place a shortcut on your desktop. If any more "hotfixes" come out you will have to apply them yourself manually.

If you install any other Mod, make sure that they are in their own Mod folders and NOT in the root install folder of RTW or it will mess it all up again.

I can't be any plainer than that.

Good luck

Last edited by bladerunner900; October 06, 2008 at 10:51 AM.