The Issue #4 of General Sun's Tent has been released...

Some excerpts from the issue:

Full Explanation of the Beta-Testing Team Idea
I’ve played many games in the past and I’ve been involved in the modding communities of all of them. Rome: Total War was actually the first game in which I haven’t released a serious project.
Most of the more mature communities have an active beta-testing team to better facilitate beta-testing across all mods. The reasons why such a team is found in most modding communities are simple. They value the team as an indispensable time-saving and quality control tool.
All mods need some sort of beta-testing to work out kinks and other things that might be overlooked by the developers during internal testing. Yet this can be a most difficult process. For small mods, finding and attracting the beta-testers is not easy to accomplish. The opposite is true for the bigger mods. They are swamped with requests to beta-test. Yet the developers don’t know most of these people. How are they to decide which ones to give the mods to, which ones are reliable, and which ones will give them the best results? This team solves all those headaches. The admin staff devotes their time to finding the best testers. These people oftentimes have their own modding experience, and can efficiently point out what’s wrong, and where the errors are located.
To read the rest of the article, click here.