Page 9 of 111 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459109 ... LastLast

Thread: -- Preview of Dwarves --

Mithrandir's Avatar Flame of Anor

Default Re: --Unit Preview--Dwarves--

Quote Originally Posted by Code_Knight View Post
    our next preview should be soon (today).
    Do you mean Dale (because it's already out ) or another faction?

Under the patronage of
    Code_Knight

NobleStef80's Avatar Miles

Icon12 Re: --Unit Preview--Dwarves--

EXCELLENT work !!!
    But may I suggest some ideas?

1) I saw a lot of dwarves with no beard at all...Dwarves were proud of their beards !

2) Why not red beards,dark red,medium red,light red?You know Dwarves always had the Irish style and accent..:hmmm:

3) What about Mithril armor?

4) Pickaxe units?Bad idea...Maybe you should add mauls but only for militia !
    Think it this way,a warrior,especialy Dwarves,are very proud genre right?Not one would ever-ever think of going to war with a pickaxe .

5) Take Gimli,from LOTR,as a dwarf model :hmmm:!Just a sugestion

6) Dwarves' basic weapon is the AXE but deferent types of them like hand axe,2 handed axe(wood-cutters),double edged axe,hatchet,2 handed war double edged axe..etc.

7) Im not sure about the sword thow :hmmm:But it would be excellent fit for the Noble ones

Keep up the good work,

Regards,
    NobleStef80

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir the Istari View Post
    As far as I know, dwarves used hammers for smithing, not war. I don't think giving them hammers really adds to the gameplay.
    Agreed. Tolkien does seem to make the distinction clear, as the only times he mentions hammers, they are mentioned in the context of smithing. See, for example, the section entitled Durin's Folk in the Appendices.

Quote Originally Posted by NobleStef80 View Post
    7) Im not sure about the sword thow :hmmm:But it would be excellent fit for the Noble ones
    The Dwarves certainly used swords and weapons other than axes. Orcrist, for example, was the sword of Thorin Oakenshield. Furthermore, in the Quenta Silmarillion, it is noted that when Thingol needed arms he turned to the Dwarves of Nogrod, who crafted for the Doriathrim "axes and with spears and swords, and tall helms, and long coats of bright mail" (Chapter X; Of the Sindar).

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

1) I saw a lot of dwarves with no beard at all...Dwarves were proud of their beards !
    No beard!!?? All units have beards, some are concealed by armor, and they are really diverse.

Mithrandir's Avatar Flame of Anor

What about Mithril armor?
    We're having that, but the textures aren't done.

Pickaxe units?Bad idea...Maybe you should add mauls but only for militia !
    Think it this way,a warrior,especialy Dwarves,are very proud genre right?Not one would ever-ever think of going to war with a pickaxe.
    Well, the miners aren't warriors, they're... that's right, miners. They're used for undermining walls and, to some extent, defend cities.

Take Gimli,from LOTR,as a dwarf model.
    He'll be a hero unit, so he'll have a unique model.

Dwarves' basic weapon is the AXE but deferent types of them like hand axe,2 handed axe(wood-cutters),double edged axe,hatchet,2 handed war double edged axe..etc.
    A lot of people seem to mix up Tolkien's dwarves and other fantasy dwarves. Tolkien's dwarves did use a lot of axes, but the sword was much more common than most people seem to think.

Under the patronage of
    Code_Knight

How can you argue about the inaccuracies of fictional Characters?????

Please raise your hands if you believe Lord of the Rings to be a true story.

I saw a lot of dwarves with no beard at all...
    I have a friend, he is a dwarf, he has no beard! Explain that!?!

Cheers
    Last edited by AlphaDelta; October 06, 2008 at 06:58 AM.
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

even though every modder in this team is great, none achieve the greatness of your units King Kong, you are the best! keep them coming they look fan-tas-tic!!

Libertus

this mod looks outstanding

How can you argue about the inaccuracies of fictional Characters?????

Please raise your hands if you believe Lord of the Rings to be a true story.
    I'll raise both of them....mine.....um,hands,I mean.And yes,we can argue about the inaccuracies of fictional characters.Do you have a favorite fiction book?How would you feel if someone portraits your favorite character "inaccurately"?
    Something else-to make this mod as good as possible we must assume that Tolkien's world is real so if it is real than the characters of ME are real which means we can safely argue about their accuracy or inaccuracy in this mod!

4) Pickaxe units?Bad idea...Maybe you should add mauls but only for militia !
    Think it this way,a warrior,especialy Dwarves,are very proud genre right?Not one would ever-ever think of going to war with a pickaxe .
    Well you have to look at the fictional societies within the bounds of realism. Did the fyrd of the saxons come with swords, spears and chain mail, the revolutionaries in the French revolution or any other peasant group come to battle prepared with high quality weapons? The answer is no, they came with what could be used as a weapon that was at their finger itps. So I think that to ass a miner unit was an excellent to reflect on how people fought with what they had when they went to war. For that purpose I don't think that hammers should be ruled out just because they were not mentioned just for the simple fact that they would have been within their reach.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

An excellent preview, I say!

Bahaha, what do I say to this? It's absolutely amazing!

Pope Gregorius I's Avatar Ducenarius

Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhh Just Heavenly!! The Naugrim have truly come to life (at least digitally) Awesome work guys just spectatiscal!
    "Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great compassion. Your delight is not in horses, nor Your pleasure in warriors strength..."

Great! Perfect! Excellente!

I didn't know that it was possible to make different skins for one unit.

Fenix_120's Avatar Senator

Dwarves used swords, just becuase Gimli only used ax's suddenly all Dwarves only use them?

If you read in the Hobbit in the battle of five armies it clearly states that all of the Dwarves in the army of 200 that came to help Bilbo's party carried swords with them, they might have been only secondary weapons but every single one of them had one.

greeeeeeeeeeeeat units !

Speechless !
    In Soviet Russia, Party always finds u!

Great work...
    I samo dotle, do tog kamena,do tog bedema,
    Nogom ces stupit, mozda poganom,drznes li dalje?...Cuces gromove
    Kako tisinu zemlje slobodne...Sa grmljavinom strasnom kidaju;
    Razumeces ih srcem strasljivim...Sta ti sa smelim glasom govore,
    Pa ces o stenja tvrdom kamenu