Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rome 2 Total War ?

Default Re: Rome 2 Total War ?

i want to see this mod happen, i expect there would be some buildings in the game that can be modded into rome era ones [e.g. constantinople]. there will be some battle ai mechanics as said earlier, and if formations are moddable i will definitely be modding empires, this was sadly missing from rtw.

basically it all comes down to madding files, will we have any? if we do they just need to be comprehensive so we can change it all around.

i would suggest that a big team be built for mods of this era, then variation of that can be made individually for earlier and later eras. if we don’t do something like that it will be years before we get any mods and CA may even beat us too it with there own rome2 [after napoleon presumably].

i don’t think we will even get modding files to begin with, maybe not at all.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

Brocktree's Avatar Foederatus

If anyone makes a napoleon: total war expansion for ETW, then you'll feel silly once you hear about NTW2, mod for rome total war =P. The closest thing we currently have available right now to empire, total war.

I would be psyched to see this mod. Epic idea.

Im not sure about this one, I mean most of ETW is about skirmishing isnt it? We still have melee but now skirmishing is way more important, Im not sure if this can be done as wished the melee combat in ETW may not be that good, I havent played the Med2-ETW mod, I dont know if you know of which mod Im talking about, but for examples the rifles in there didnt looked really good since the hands and the rifles were strangely placed. If the demo doesnt comes tomorrow then Ill dowload that mod which I forgot the name.

RTW will always be a better engine for Rome Era mods. The problems are just the AI and the graphics. I would like to see a Rome era mod for Empires, but I doubt it will happen.

Ah well. I always liked 1700s combat a lot too.

★Bandiera Rossa☭'s Avatar The Red Menace

It would be better to actually have an Official Rome 2 tw,

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123