Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: For King or Country version 1.15 patch RELEASED

Default Re: For King or Country version 1.15 patch RELEASED

AD,

Great mod. Dl'ed last night, all patches as well, played, had tons of fun.

My only issue at all wasn't a programming error or anything, but in one of the early battles I killed King Charles. I played about ~10-12 more turns, a few battles, and then at the end of turn got the message that the Royalist Faction had been destroyed. I toggle_fow'ed and sure enough all were now rebel. I can only assume the family trees died out? I only made it to early 1644 before this happened.
    Yes, I hate the fact RTW is out and I still have a Japanese title. Come on now admins- let's get with the program.

Triglav's Avatar Laetus

Truly spectacular mod!

I have had M2TW for a while but didn't enjoy it much, so I removed it & went back to playing mods for RomeTW. But for this mod I reinstalled it.

The mod installed smoothly, haven't had any ctd's yet and am enjoying the game immensely! Even getting tempted to make an ECW mod, based on this, for Mount&Blade, my other favourite game.

Looking forward to subsequent versions. Well done!

AD, any word on what could be causing the Royalists to simply vanish? Or was it just bad luck?
    Yes, I hate the fact RTW is out and I still have a Japanese title. Come on now admins- let's get with the program.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Adams View Post
    AD,

Great mod. Dl'ed last night, all patches as well, played, had tons of fun.

My only issue at all wasn't a programming error or anything, but in one of the early battles I killed King Charles. I played about ~10-12 more turns, a few battles, and then at the end of turn got the message that the Royalist Faction had been destroyed. I toggle_fow'ed and sure enough all were now rebel. I can only assume the family trees died out? I only made it to early 1644 before this happened.
    The same thing happened to me. However, I do not believe it was the family dying out because after the faction was destroyed, I still found Royalist Family members wandering around leading rebel armies.

I do, however have one theory as crazy as it might seem. The Royalist Faction was probably destroyed due to massive civil unrest accross all settlements ultimately leading to all settlements slowly rebelling to the point where they had no settlements left. I certainly noticed a few royalist regions had rebelled a number of turns before I received the Faction Destoryed message. stands to reason that the trend could have continued to the point where they had none left and where not earning enough to support their armies.

I have had massive problems with civil unrest, mostly due to "religion" and it is a real limitation of the game as there is currently only one building that assists the conversion rate of a settlement to your faction, the office of conscription. However this building also lowers public order so the benefits are not felt. In my opinion, more buildings need to be available to improve Public Order and also to convert the settlement to your "religion". Additionally, it might be worth creating an agent that functions like a priest (maybe call it a propagandist) that can travel to enemy regions and convert them. Possibly include some traits for family members that also add to a settlement's religious conversion rate. As it stands, public order is generally too low and there are nowhere near enough ways to improve it.

The Royalists die out because you kill their 3 family members above the age of 16 (Charles, Rupert, Maurice). Once they are dead the faction dies. It's fixed in 1.5.

Cheers
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

Truly a fantastic mod, thanks for all the hard work!

Hey just started this and it seems good so far. I was looking through the buildings and laughed when I saw the picture you used for the doctors durgery. Blackadder hehe!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345