Thread: Swift Decisive Victory!

Default Swift Decisive Victory!

Wow. I dowloaded this mod earlier this evening. I've been playing for about an hour and i've won the game in a single decisive battle.

I (parliament) collected all four of my major armies together in Oxford to attack four armies of the royals.

In one epic battle, all eight armies collided. And My side, Parliament LOST!

But though we lost the very close battle. We won the war. Because although the Royalist won, all of the Royalist generals were Killed in the battle. Destroying the Royalist Faction in one swift stroke of chaos.

So i just have to mop up the rebel faction now.

Wow. Great Mod. The only criticism would be that the game starts with enormous armies before any war is even declared. And i just hemoraged money from the start. So i spent about 5 months waiting for war. Then, when it came, it was over pretty quick.

I would suggest that the game begins when war was actually declared and both factions are at war status with eachother from the first turn.

Default Re: Swift Decisive Victory!

Wow, cool battle...

But the large armies and the waiting for war only improve the mod imo

I beated the Royalists in 5 turns and 4 battles

Quote Originally Posted by Lebre View Post
    I beated the Royalists in 5 turns and 4 battles
    Let me guess - you killed Charles and they all turned rebel...

Download the 1.1 patch - this bug gets fixed

In one epic battle, all eight armies collided. And My side, Parliament LOST!
    Sounds like it was a good fight, and glad to hear the player is losing sometimes. While developing the mod I lost just as many battles as I won. It was something I had not experienced in Total war since the days of Shogun.

But though we lost the very close battle. We won the war. Because although the Royalist won, all of the Royalist generals were Killed in the battle. Destroying the Royalist Faction in one swift stroke of chaos.

So i just have to mop up the rebel faction now.
    This was caused by a family tree bug. Download and install patches 1.1 and 1.15 and this bug will go away.

Wow. Great Mod. The only criticism would be that the game starts with enormous armies before any war is even declared. And i just hemoraged money from the start. So i spent about 5 months waiting for war. Then, when it came, it was over pretty quick.
    Yeah I can understand the disappointment from the war ending so quickly. It's much better now in version 1.15. You might also want to play with some house rules. For example, don't gang-up on an AI stack. Play defensively for a while to allow the AI to build up a bit.

I would suggest that the game begins when war was actually declared and both factions are at war status with eachother from the first turn.
    This would go against the grain of the mod. You'll notice that the AI declares war on you in the correct historical month, August 1642. If you want to start the war at turn 1 you can, just attack the enemy.

Cheers
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

Quote Originally Posted by AWZC View Post
    Let me guess - you killed Charles and they all turned rebel...

Download the 1.1 patch - this bug gets fixed
    actually no
    i had to kill him, his heir and another guy

Thats the thing. I waited until War was declared officially. And when the monthly pop up appeared saying that war was declared, i noticed that in fact the status between the two factions was still neutral. So that i just had to attack anyway.

Also, how should i get around losing so much money from the beginning with such large army upkeep?

I'll dowload the patches and see how it goes.

I've been waiting for a mod for this period for ages. really enjoying it. Thanks for all the hard work chaps.