Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Dead

Default Dead

DEAD
    Last edited by Kaizer Merlox; December 19, 2008 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Updating!

Ultra_Magnus's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Dual Alliances: Dominant Empires SS 6.1

Looks interessting, count me in.

Every rebel settlement that does represent an individual country will get a massive garrison at their capital, and the city would be some what big, making it hard to conquest,
    Last edited by Kaizer Merlox; October 04, 2008 at 07:05 PM.

I'll play if I have time. And if possible I want Venice!

PM on my totalwar.org account when the game is ready to start, ok, Merlox?

want to play want to play want to play!!!
    ya, i want to be in this, i would take any kingdom pretty much
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Oh yeah, been trying to work with the Rebels, They are almost Human like now, =x

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizer Merlox View Post
    Dual Alliances: Dominant Empires SS 6.1

This is the 2nd type of the Dual Alliance games which was inspired by the game made by Triforce, With this, The Players will h
    ave to do less waiting, and More playing, Though, With such a huge success of the last game, I want to have 11 players, Including the Admin.

The Teams will be set the same as last, and the Rules are the same, I will post this as well

The Interesting thing about this game that makes it different from the rest, Is that Every settlement in the game will have a Road, and a Port (If it can get it). Rebels in Countries that were not listed in the game, Whales, Prussia, Pampola, Crotisia, the list goes on and on,

Though it is still under discussion with some of the people, I need some more input, One of the old ideas came up of Making the game start at 1100, and using a map of Real life, This one does a good job showing all of the Independent countries and ofcourse the ones that we all know,

MAP:
    http://www.euratlas.com/history_euro..._map_1100.html

If all of these ideas were to happen, this game would heavily rely on Diplomacy, Which most people in the Selected game of Dual Allainces enjoy.

But ofcourse this is all of an idea, Please put your input in here,

First of all!,
    this is copy right infringement... So, you better call a lawyer because im going to sue!

no seriously though, your campaign seems ambitious and has potential, I would like to join.. but I feel that with all the changes and tweaks and ideas,.......
    can it really work? will it be fair, any bugs or uncertainties,

The admin controlling the Papcy and now the Rebels, Too overpowered,
    remember the rebels at the start of the game will control 90% of the cities.. also your papcy giving rewards what about the Muslims or Orthdox?
    and what about changing everyone's kingdom starting location?, (for the most part.).

You need to take everything into consideration, this includes testings valid rules, and ideas that work and constant validation, and also truely expressing to people who want to join what exactly it is you have planned.

Be careful not to bite more then you can chew..

I mean, don't get me wrong I think it's a good idea, but right now It feels like a jumbled mess and I think you need to state your primary ambition
    Good luck.

Triforce
    Last edited by TriforceV; September 30, 2008 at 10:11 PM.

Don't worry triforce, if you wanna see one of my games that i Severely Edited, Please go to this link.

http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=105844

Alot of work went into this one, But yeah, I'm getting ideas now, Should the game be left as the territories in the origional? (Each nation has a minimal of 3 settlements, 1 large city, 1 citidal, 1 castle/large town.) Every place on the map though will be at least a large town / castle with a road built in it and such. (Important cities, such as Baghdad, Jerusalem, ect ect will be large cities, and the Pope will have 1 Huge city with every thing upgraded.)

We can scrap the pope idea, with that, it would a more fast pace game, w/e, you guys decide, this is your game as well!

Oh yeah, been trying to work with the Rebels, They are almost Human like now, =x
    Fair enough,
    Experience is the best teacher

Alright I guess you can count me in on this one.

Seems like a very good idea, you can count me in aswell

The List is up, call dibs and shotty on what ever you want!

Poqzt's Avatar Ordinarius

I don't "love" the idea of dual alliances, but I like it since it's innovative.

I'm gonna have a go at this one as Denmark/Ireland.

cool, i would love to join

france and portugal for me
    Last edited by spanish_emperor; October 01, 2008 at 10:32 AM.
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

Hmmm...sign me up for The Byzantines and Novgorod, like em both and im already playing with western factions in DA

I suppose England & Genoa

I am updating the list now, but Poqtz, I know some people may not love it, but think of it this way, We are eliminating much of the CPU, CPUs are total pushovers and they are dumb, 1 turn alliance, next they blockaid you x_x

Sorry, Triforce, Can you please tell me how or just even send me your file of the order # of your Dual Alliance game? (I think every thing here is the same exact place, correct?)

Poqzt's Avatar Ordinarius

I am updating the list now, but Poqtz, I know some people may not love it, but think of it this way, We are eliminating much of the CPU, CPUs are total pushovers and they are dumb, 1 turn alliance, next they blockaid you x_x
    You got a point. This sounds like a good idea after all.

Credit to TrieforceV for the idea tough.

Edit: Damn, are we playing 1.4? Since I got one medieval TW folder with 1.4 for SS 6.0 and one folder for kingdoms 1.5 , I will have to get another folder with 1.4 and SS 6.1

I don't think it should be a problem though since I got plenty of space, but still...
    Last edited by Poqzt; October 01, 2008 at 02:49 PM.

Yeah, it was an awesome idea, But in over all, I cant stand waiting 30 turns in a game, using only spear militia, and turns 30-50 with Basic units, then MAYBE above 50 with good units, >_>;

This cuts right to the thing with the best at certain locations. =p

Also, since i have increased that, I am also increasing garrisions inside of Rebel lands, (Expect a firm fight if you are going to capture a country capital, (Such as Whales)

Yes, this is 1.4
    Last edited by Kaizer Merlox; October 01, 2008 at 03:00 PM.

Sorry, Triforce, Can you please tell me how or just even send me your file of the order # of your Dual Alliance game? (I think every thing here is the same exact place, correct?)
    Alright,
    at school right now, but ill tell you the strat file and its location in which you have to change inorder to change the player turns when i get back.

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast