Thread: why do you like RTW MP over the mods

Barca Payne's Avatar Tiro

Default why do you like RTW MP over the mods

hi

this isn't to say anything about mods being better I just want to know why you prefer playing the original multiplayer over the mods multiplayer

this is what I think RTW MP play RTW over the mod it's a faster pace than the mods is this right?

and could you also put if you've played a mod on MP before

cheers looking forward to the answers

Prince_of_Macedon's Avatar Πρίγκηψ της Μακεδονίας

Default Re: why do you like RTW MP over the mods

Quote Originally Posted by king hannibal View Post
    hi

this isn't to say anything about mods being better I just want to know why you prefer playing the original multiplayer over the mods multiplayer

this is what I think RTW MP play RTW over the mod it's a faster pace than the mods is this right?

I haven't played an MP mod before, but I'm certainly qualified to answer this. Nobody plays mods on MP with any bit of regularity (save for the Napoleonic mod).

So it just makes sense to play R:TW (vanilla) because that's what everyone else plays. Try going online, and see how many people will play EB with you. Or trying going online, and see how difficult it is to even get a game of Barbarian Invasion going.

R:TW (vanilla) is much more convenient, and it's much more widespread in the MP community.
    HOW TO PLAY EMPIRE TOTAL WAR OFFLINE

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT

Watch my online-commentary battles here
    Under the Patronage of Hader

decimator22's Avatar Vicarius

He is right, but I do prefer mods over vainilla, may be one day we can do a mod tourney?

Indefinitely Banned

Because It has more people and better (to a point).

ok just wondering as I setup some MP mod forums in the hope it might bring more people to the mods to play MP but with no help from TWC or the mods as of yet but EB said it would go on the importance list I guess there never will be a big community of mod Multiplayers

I guess I could come back to RTW MP for a while any good tournament you suggest in entering?

Indefinitely Banned

NTW2 is the best when it comes to Mods MP on RTW m8 :-)

for me it's EB although it's not perfect if you like a fast pace game it the close I've come to being able to perform tactics as would have been possible back then

was on RTW last night and I got to say you can't perform any tactics at least as what should have been possible RTW guys you should try a MP mod gone back on what I said the post wasn't for

I've got NTW2 but haven't been able to get a game going yet I didn't have the add-on installed when I had a chance but I've got it now so it's just a case of finding a list of X-fire names

was on RTW last night and I got to say you can't perform any tactics at least as what should have been possible RTW guys you should try a MP mod
    Which tactics are you trying to perform? Some tactics are definitely usable online.
    I've got NTW2 but haven't been able to get a game going yet I didn't have the add-on installed when I had a chance but I've got it now so it's just a case of finding a list of X-fire names
    Why do you need XFire names? Everyone who plays NTW2 hangs out in the Chat Lobby.

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT

just some basic ones like flanking a cav on cav with the same amount of horse on each side

prefer just seeing if I can get a game then go into the game every hour to try and get a game

just some basic ones like flanking a cav on cav with the same amount of horse on each side
    I do that regularly. Try watching my online battles.

prefer just seeing if I can get a game then go into the game every hour to try and get a game
    There are people playing NT2W for about 15-20 hours a day in the Chat Lobby. Just log-in, and you'll see people in there playing that game. It's pretty easy to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Barca Payne View Post
    hi

i like the original best because it usually wont crash my pc if something goes awry

Therre is not enough people really playing any TW game online at the moment and mods only split the community more so thats the reason why most people dont play Mods, just look at Kingdoms which was an official expansion far MTW the MP games was terrible and split the MP game into 5 including the original game and you had to reload each mod again to play yhe differ games
    Last edited by DeerHunter; December 11, 2008 at 04:37 AM.