Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scots and Irish

Default Scots and Irish

Will there ever be these factions in a future version? Or even any other factions? Btw fantastic mod great amount of fun!

Favorite Goalies

Default Re: Scots and Irish

Quote Originally Posted by Meister Sibrand View Post
    Will there ever be these factions in a future version? Or even any other factions? Btw fantastic mod great amount of fun!
    I seriously doubt it. May be NO would be a better answer. The mod is about the English Civil War - adding these is outside the scope. AD has spent a huge amount of time and effort modding M2TW. I think he deserves a break.
    Last edited by Tharros; September 29, 2008 at 09:49 PM.

Take it easy. I wasnt demanding anything. I really enjoy this mod i was just asking if the other british factions would be added in a future release. Dont talk down to me like im demanding for new factions.

Favorite Goalies

Meister Sibrand,

For now the focus is on the war on the English mainland and the covenanter invasion of the north. In the future there is always the possibility of adding dedicated Royalist scots, Covenanter and Irish Confederate factions, but for the next weeks my focus will be on fixing and fleshing out the original concept.

Cheers
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Meister Sibrand View Post
    Take it easy. I wasnt demanding anything. I really enjoy this mod i was just asking if the other british factions would be added in a future release. Dont talk down to me like im demanding for new factions.
    I am sorry if I came across harshly. I didn't mean to.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaDelta View Post
    Meister Sibrand,

For now the focus is on the war on the English mainland and the covenanter invasion of the north. In the future there is always the possibility of adding dedicated Royalist scots, Covenanter and Irish Confederate factions, but for the next weeks my focus will be on fixing and fleshing out the original concept.

Cheers
    alright sounds good and its alright Tharros

Favorite Goalies

Does Drogheda ring a bell with anyone? There's a funny little reason why you wouldn't want to name your dog "Oliver Cromwell" in Ireland to-day.
    Son of PW

Quote Originally Posted by Theodotos I View Post
    Does Drogheda ring a bell with anyone? There's a funny little reason why you wouldn't want to name your dog "Oliver Cromwell" in Ireland to-day.
    Drogheda may be in Ireland, but it was a 'New' English Royalist fortress, not an Irish Confederate one.

We've already discussed Cromwell and Ireland, look up Why dont they teach kids about The English Civil War in schools in this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruire View Post
    Drogheda may be in Ireland, but it was a 'New' English Royalist fortress, not an Irish Confederate one.

We've already discussed Cromwell and Ireland, look up Why dont they teach kids about The English Civil War in schools in this board.
    I realize, but it's in Ireland. Still Alpha Delta's done a deuce of a lot of work over the last little bit and he deserves a vote of thanks.

EDIT: Didn't mean to sound snobbish in that first post. ECW is not my specialty, but I've read a little bit about it.
    Last edited by Theodotos I; September 30, 2008 at 01:55 PM.
    Son of PW

Although when this mod was in development I was dissapointed about the lack of Irish and Scottish factions, I now realise that this actually improves the game - instead of being a 'Brittania' style campaign the focus is very much on Royalists vs Parliamentarians as it should be.

As an advocate of the "Three Kingdoms" analysis of the whole conflict I'd like to see them in, but at the same time I can see the argument (especially given the limitations of the AI) for a two-faction setup. Still, even if not in the campaign ideally they could be available for custom battles, multi etc.

Of course, even if many of the units could be modifications of the existing ones it's still a lot of work to model and skin 2 new factions, and AD deserves both a break and the greatest respect for producing FKoC as it is, but it's nice to see future expansion not ruled out categorically.

Antagonist
    "is ait an mac an saol"

"If you grow tired of how you live, then follow me, and we will show you a different way."

Arthurian: Total War
    Wrath of the Norsemen
    Viking Invasion II

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaDelta View Post
    In the future there is always the possibility of adding dedicated Royalist scots, Covenanter and Irish Confederate factions, but for the next weeks my focus will be on fixing and fleshing out the original concept.

Sounds great.
    A Mod for Med2 Kingdoms:

THERA:REDUX

Click here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux

Scots and Irish factions would be nifty!

Foederatus
    Wyken, Coventry, West Midlands, Mercia, England, United Kingdom.

As Wales was part of England I would like a smaller starting faction like Scotland, I like the idea of starting small and growing larger.

I reckon its good as it is really. A good feature perhaps would be an AI faction that transfers control of its armies to whomever is successfull at getting them to join their factions cause.
    But this is unrealistic....

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

I'd rather play as a stand-alone Scottish Covenant Faction.

Yes I'm sure you would..... but the covenanters were not aggressive. They needed to be convinced to invade England... and even then as an ally of one of the English factions.
    So you can play them, as long as you do not invade England without invitation. Kindly sit on your hands for 50 turns

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

Quote Originally Posted by Destraex View Post
    Kindly sit on your hands for 50 turns
    It's worth the wait.

A seperate covenanter vs Scottish Royalists campaign would be a lot more interesting I think. Not that it's going to happen, but anyway.

Cheers
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Destraex View Post
    Yes I'm sure you would..... but the covenanters were not aggressive. They needed to be convinced to invade England... and even then as an ally of one of the English factions.
    So you can play them, as long as you do not invade England without invitation. Kindly sit on your hands for 50 turns
    They happily invaded Ireland anyway. Or, at least until they were crushed by the Confederates at Benburb.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast