Thread: Online Status

Default Online Status

So I've been away from RTW for a while and decided to reinstall it. I patched back up to 1.5 and decided to go online and check out the online scene. Now either my game is acting funny of everyone plays BI now and I'm unable to join games. the only change I made to the vanilla game is I added the ATG spartan pack so I can have some nifty looking spartans to look at (this shouldn't affect the game right). anyone have any ideas why I cant join?
    Audi R10 5.5 litre V12 TDI Diesel, 650 bhp, 811 ft. lbs (1100nm)torque

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

Default Re: Online Status

I had this problem before, and all I did was restart my computer, start up RTW again, and it was fine.

Well everyone doesn't play BI thats for sure, If you only went into the chat lobby you woud see a few games that you couldn't join as they tend to play NTW there
    However if all games in the friendly lobby were unavailable to you then you have more of a problem
    1st thing uninstall RTW then reinstall a fresh copy, patch it to 1.5 (if it isn't already) and try multiplayer DO NOT ADD ANY MODS AT ALL
    This should now work, if it doesn't it means that your patches are not installed correctly (most likely) or your disk is unwell or the game has not installed correctly or your computer is too weak (unlikely)
    In this case post your computer stats here and ask if you have enough power if the answer is yes go and buy a copy of RTW gold (already patched to 1.5 & 1.6) if that doesnt work unplug the computer and give it a good talking to (preferably involving a hammer)
    Last edited by General Nuisance esq; September 28, 2008 at 04:11 PM.

Finn's Avatar Total Realism

From my experience this is a patch issue. Try patching to 1.5 again and see what happens.

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

He said he'd already patched it to 1.5 though

Finn's Avatar Total Realism

Yeah I know, but sometimes with the RTW Gold edition after installing BI, RTW reverts back to 1.3.

Of course I don't know if he is even using the Gold Edition....but hey if he is, it's worth a go.