Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: For King or Country version 1.0 released - OUTDATED DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.5

Default Re: For King or Country version 1.0 released

^ Yes, reinstall. But make sure the Medieval 2 directory is completely cleaned out this time
    Then patch to 1.2 or 1.3 or install Kingdoms and install FKoC then your done.

Coeur de Lion's Avatar Ordinarius

Beautiful gentlemen...

Watercress's Avatar Praeses
    Her Majesty's Extraterrestrial Possessions

uh i got a problem, i installed it, but i just got the icon, the readme, and two others thnigs that wouldn't open.

"Only Connect!...Only connect the prose and the passion, and both will be exalted, and human love will be seen at its height. Live in fragments no longer."

Double click on for_king_or_country.bat in your M2TW folder.

Cheers
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

Watercress's Avatar Praeses
    Her Majesty's Extraterrestrial Possessions

it ain't there.

You've not installed it correctly.

Cheers
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

Giorgos's Avatar Deus Ex Machina

Excellent work on finishing the mod AD. Also thanks to Tharros, we have a site with high speeds to download from, because filefront...

Well, good job overall. I'll let you know of my opinion as soon as i can.

This mod offers much different battle experience than other mods.
    Great work +rep

this mod have hotseat alphabeta,for play with more people in one machine?,thanks.

hey can you please host the files for 1.0 (the patches aren't really usefull without them, right?) in rapidshare, or strategy informer?

with Fileshack the download keeps crashing, Moddb is only for paying members of their site and filefront doesn't even starts downloading.

Great mod!

but i have a slight promblem... campaign works fine and everything but everytime i fight a battle i get a crash as it loads
    Κροατία μέσα σώμα , Ελληνικός σε καρδιά.

hope thats right...

Great mod!! I really like the dragoons
    + rep

PS how do you add rep?
    see my Online battles!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/RebelliousLeader1995see my Online battles!!!

Great Work, truly amazeing !

Really fun game but I was able to win in 7 rounds with the paralment :hmmm:
    Killed all their family members in some nice battles.

DOWNLOADING!!!

Wow! Awesome mod, I played it and its really kool. Very interesting Its almost like reading a book or watching a movie because you get to see the drama unfold as you play through the game

WHy does it say an unspecific error has occurred?

YESSSS YESSSSSSSS THANK YOU FOR FINISHING SO FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Patton's Avatar Civis

I can see by all these pages that you have recieved praise and honor for this mod and I know going into this post I will lay myself down on the rack for torture at the hands of many readers and perhaps also you. I also never know whether to tell an artist what I see or just keep quite. But at the risk that you might actually care about this work and not knowing if you just love the period or want to show skills off to the world and understanding some of the constraints of the engine you worked with I offer this probably in a kinder tone then you will read it. My comp is fine it's a new Alienware with the geforce 280 gt card in it so it's not that. I currently have 6 mods loaded between RTW and MTW 2 and kingdoms. I play long hours because I don't have to work.
    I love military history and use this series to virtually climb into the pants of the period generals and soldering and I am not holding anything from this series hostage to "reality". I look for visceral excitement on a battlefield and when a mod thinks it's fun to "hassle the ecconomy I usally hack through it to get to fights and campaignes.
    I wanted depserately to enjoy this and gave it 60 hours of campaigne play, both sides. I have a hole in my history for this period in english history and I can imagine for many this is equal to me playing the american cival war out. Let me say I am sure if this mod had waited for the release of ETW it would have been far more spectacular. Softly it failed me on many fronts the art is interesting but not dazeling. The battles didn't even for me reach the level of MTW2 or kindoms. The sheer totsality of rebel disturbance ( and yes I know it's in the english campagne) is inexplicable. At least in the english campainge I have some explanation for it. Perhaps use a building or two to enable coping? It was only a nuesance that began to wear thin on me send yet another army to wipe the rebellion out. Was there really whole scale fort by fort and city by city rebellion in these days in England? Some cities aren't mentioned in the settlements file in fact I don't think I ever found a settlements file. I had several battles where Ghosted? single figures stood surrounded by cav and infantry all chargeing and fireing like crazy at them to no effect untill I quit the battle for a loss! Is that correct? The battle guage said I had 100 percent casualties on the enemy yet I lost to two flags that may not have been there in reality. The thing that made MTW2 sp spectacular over RTW was the animations of the troops and they are lacking here save the cannoneers and the rifle butting of musketeers. I do understand the mounted shooters since I have played with the Rieters.
    you are correct there are no ctd's.

Maybe in a later rendition I might be able to really sink my teeth into this.

Just in case you wanted to hear it straight.
    Peace
    anyone can win a battle only a military genius can keep an army supplied.

Let me say I am sure if this mod had waited for the release of ETW it would have been far more spectacular.
    This is a M2TW release, nothing is known about ETW's modding properties yet. No one knows whether the model format is open or will need to be cracked again. If i had 'waited for ETW' you'd likely never have seen this mod.

People are still making mods for RTW so I dont see the issue with releasing a M2TW mod.

I have a hole in my history for this period in english history
    Ok, putting two and two together I can see that you are not versed in this period. I understand that to a newcomer to the period of history certain aspects might appear strange. I apologise if my remarks are harsh, but you must understand I made this mod for fans of the ECW, I understand entirely that outside of this small group there is no following.

http://www.british-civil-wars.co.uk/ is a great place to start your ECW education. I expect all players to do some reading on the period before complaining.

Softly it failed me on many fronts the art is interesting but not dazeling.
    I am pleased to hear this. The vast majority of soldiers in this war appeared functional. There's nothing glamerous or dazzling about a blackened morion or a dirty buffcoat.

The battles didn't even for me reach the level of MTW2 or kindoms.
    You must be playing a different M2TW because the battles in M2TW were terrible. I re-affirmed this 2 days ago when, through boredom, I started a vanilla English campaign and witnessed battle after battle where the AI simply charged all of it's forces into my front, no flanking, no skirmishing.

The AI in FKoC was written by Grandviz, one of the AI 'experts'. If you have advice for him then please goto his forum:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=301

And tell him how you feel. But I would suggest you do your homework first.

The sheer totsality of rebel disturbance ( and yes I know it's in the english campagne) is inexplicable
    Yes, it's refreshing to play a mod where you are actually challenged to keep the peace aswell as the war. This mod is not for beginners i must admit.

Perhaps use a building or two to enable coping?
    There are MANY buildings that will help you to cope. Pubs, coffee houses, doctors surgeries, and printing presses will all help you to keep your settlements under control. There will be an extra support building added in the next patch, but with version 1.15 there is absolutely no reason to suffer excess rebellion if you manage your settlements properlly.

Was there really whole scale fort by fort and city by city rebellion in these days in England?
    Settlements changed hands on a regular basis, but you must remember that settlements in this time had governance, garrisons and discipline, you must try to do the same. Do your settlements have governance? Do they have garrisons? Are tax rates reasonable? Is there devastation in the county? There are many factors that YOU must take into consideration...

Some cities aren't mentioned in the settlements file in fact I don't think I ever found a settlements file.
    What settlements file are you talking about? descr_regions_and_settlement_name_lookup.txt This file doesn't do anything.

I had several battles where Ghosted? single figures stood surrounded by cav and infantry all chargeing and fireing like crazy at them to no effect untill I quit the battle for a loss!
    Install the patches.

The thing that made MTW2 sp spectacular over RTW was the animations of the troops and they are lacking here save the cannoneers and the rifle butting of musketeers. I do understand the mounted shooters since I have played with the Rieters.
    Ahhhh, you want the hollywood fighting animations? You'll never find them here...This is a serious mod about the English civil war.

Maybe in a later rendition I might be able to really sink my teeth into this.
    The systems of gameplay won't be changed. I won't be adding fictional swordsmen with hollywood animations. Soldiers won't come to battle in shiney armour or flashy clothes. If you don't like the mod now, you will never like it.

Just in case you wanted to hear it straight.
    Thanks for your feedback, and again if my straight statements seem rough around the edges, don't feel bad.
    Cheers
    Last edited by AlphaDelta; October 05, 2008 at 03:48 AM.