Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: For King or Country version 1.0 released - OUTDATED DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.5

gobbothegreen's Avatar Miles

Default Re: For King or Country version 1.0 released

Damn you AD you made me forget to do half of my math homework

A few typos in the campaing descriptions.
    Not a big issue, and I think we should all take the time to thank Macky for his work on those faction descriptions.

The battles are gonna take some getting used to, as of now it is very akward to fight like they did, but its not your fault for stupid AI.
    What do you specifically find difficult? I have some suggestions:

• Dont re-organise your pikes and muskets.
    • Don't try to miromanage pikes
    • Use the default formation, group all of the muskets and pikes and use them as one mass.
    • Use < and > to rotate the mass of pikes and muskets.
    • If the formation becomes messed up, you can hit 1 to select your pike/musket group then double click on the ground, they'll reform their original formation.

Attacking forts is akward as well, as sometimes the men get caught in the dreaded reform glitch. Did they fix that in kingdoms?
    What is the reform glitch? I've seen them stand up against the outside walls and wait before climbing onto the walls. I think this happened because i ordered a lot of musketeers from the outside of the settlement directly onto the walls.

Also, its kinda hard to keep track of the regiment system that you have. Perhaps a readme that shows the recruitable locations for every unit regiment would be nice.
    This is already available.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=191021

Also, the covenant lancers may be a wee bit over powered, as they completely raped my harqubuisers, who appeared to be better armored and better equiped.
    All that glitters is not gold. The Royalist harqubusier unit is a glass cannon. Historically the early mounted harquebusiers were mounted shot and not true cavalry. They were there to provide fire support to advancing cuirassiers. Lancers on the other hand have always been cavalry killers.

For a fast mod, this is'nt as buggy as I thought. No CTD's yet in campaign.
    Lots of reasons for this. It's fairly bug free because the scope was kept tight and because I built the mod in a very methodical way.

Also, if there were any infantry that used swords in this period that are not represented for whatever reason, it would help immensely in assaulting forts.
    There weren't really massed infantry fighting with swords in this time. Musketeers fought with their musket butts. Don't be afraid to send them into the melee.

One unit that I plan to make in the future is halberdiers, they were used a lot during sieges.

oh, and for some reason, the bloom effect does little to nothing on the beauty of the troops. As well as Anitrospic filtering.
    Hmm it's possibly because units have very little 'shine'. They have blackened armour or no armour at all.

Anisotropic filtering effects texture quality. It'll generally give a crisper render and will help with alpha channel issues.

Cheers
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Well then,after nigh to three hours play setting the record straight and sorting out the rebel scum that cast cobblers into combat against true men of pedigree and actually expect to win,I must indeed compliment you Alpha Delta sir on what must truly be amongst the most exhilirating and refreshing experiences ever rendered on this game engine.The execution of all aspects of the mod are flawless,from the mapping to the units and their variety,to the artistry that brings them to life in the midst of the clash of arms,I am yet to see an error.I never imagined it being so immersive(by this I mean the excellent campaign descriptions,events and custom music and art pieces)and I must applaud your prebattle formations of shot well backed by pike.Well then,having said this I know not what more to say,other than you have provided us all a fine example of what is possible with this engine and I thank you sincerly not only for this but for sharing with us this wonderful creation so that we too might take part in the epic conflict that defined a nation and killed a king.

Yay saw the release now installing atm full of anticipation!!! thanl you so much for all your hard work AD!

Oooh pictures! Faber est quisque fortunae suae

GREAT WORK!!!

Jingles's Avatar Praefectus

Geez... I'm away sick for TWO DAYS, and you release the damn mod!

Great mod, AD. I'm surprised at the DL size. most mods these days are in the 600 - 800mb area, and they're not even total conversions.

This has been quite a monday... first Viking Invasion II is released, and then I discover this!

Kyrre's Avatar Civis

Damn it!

I just did not see this Thread because there were so many sticky topics there! Plus I did not except the mod to be released so soon! Now downloading.

Greetings!

I found my Dvd, so I didn't have to test if it worked steam.

the mod is great, I never could play M2 more then a few minutes before I got tired of it, but with this mod I've played for hours, that battles are great. love all the historical popups on the campaign map, great way to learn about the period

Kyrre's Avatar Civis

Hell!!!

Filefront is extremely slow! I download with an average speed of 10KB/s!!! And the slowest downloads I ever had were about 50KB/s. I'm just wondering!!!! I want this mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAHHRGHH!!!!

btw this news needs a 1st page announcement

yeah 1st page announcement found this just looking around abit.

Crazy Danish Liberal In China

I absolutely love this mod. Great work!!!

Will this work with kingdoms?, I've just installed kingdoms after waiting a year for the game to be released on buget.

REQUIEM's Avatar Senator

seriously how do you get it to start up and don't just say 'click For_King_Or_Country - shortcut' because all it does is crash straight away but it doesn't say 'specified error with medieval 2' help anyone?

REQUIEM's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by rebelscum View Post
    Will this work with kingdoms?, I've just installed kingdoms after waiting a year for the game to be released on buget.
    Yer apparently it works with kingdoms when its patched up to 1.3 i think

Father Jack's Avatar expletive intended

This should proberbly be in the problems thread. Have you installed it into the right folder (M2TW)?
    Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.

REQUIEM's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    This should proberbly be in the problems thread. Have you installed it into the right folder (M2TW)?
    Yer i have

It works with 1.3, as I believe that is what I'm using.

Thanks Requiem,
    I hope this mod doesnt change the actual total war source, but installs into its own directory with a shortcut and config file, as do other mods, see VanillaMod. I'm a real fan of the ECW, just spent the day reading up on the First Battle of Newbury, now the downloads nearly done.
    I recommend this book. Battles in Britain 1066-1746 Willam Seymour, ISBN 1 85326 672 8

REQUIEM's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by rebelscum View Post
    Thanks Requiem,
    I hope this mod doesnt change the actual total war source, but installs into its own directory with a shortcut and config file, as do other mods, see VanillaMod. I'm a real fan of the ECW, just spent the day reading up on the First Battle of Newbury, now the downloads nearly done.
    I recommend this book. Battles in Britain 1066-1746 Willam Seymour, ISBN 1 85326 672 8
    ok thanks!