Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: For King or Country version 1.0 released - OUTDATED DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.5

Default For King or Country version 1.0 released - OUTDATED DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.5

Welcome to For King or Country

OLD RELEASE - PLEASE DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.5 http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=206670

Download link:

LINK REMOVED - OLD RELEASE DOWNLOAD 1.5 http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=206670

Patch 1.1

LINK REMOVED - OLD RELEASE DOWNLOAD 1.5 http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=206670

Patch 1.15

(CHECK http://forkingorcountry.com/ FOR FILE MIRRORS)

***INFORMATION***

"For King or Country" is a modification for Medieval 2: Total War that depicts the English civil wars. There are two factions; the Parliamentarians and the Royalists. The map is detailed and accurate for the time period. There are twelve historical commanders fighting on each side, and all of them have custom portraits and traits. Both sides have a range of units from Musketeers to pikemen, dragoons to harqebusier cavalry. Each faction also has 6 unique recruitable regiments of foot. Each regiment has it's own banner, coat colour and commander.

The purpose of the mod is to simulate the first English civil war. The main aim is to accurately represent the two main factions, their leaders, their commanders and their armies. The mod aims to provide a unique battlefield experience by representing 17th century warfare, something that no M2:TW mod team has so far achieved.

The campaign map is unique in that rather than having 'regions' or 'provinces' there are historically accurate counties. Each county has a single settlement. Faction generals are accurately placed according to their historical location in 1642 and represented with custom portraits and regiments.

***RIGHTS***

The content found in this package is private property and the data may not be edited and re-released without express permission. Any public use and release of material found within the For King or Country modification requires that you request and recieve permission from its creator. If you wish to use any part of this package you MUST ask the author (AlphaDelta).

***REQUIREMENTS & INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS***

For King or Country 1.0 requires Medieval 2: Total War, patched to 1.2 or 1.3. For King or Country team is not responsible
    for any problems arising from other installed mods or modification of the core vanilla data files. It is recommended that you
    have a fresh install of Medieval 2: Total War and then patched to 1.2 or 1.3.

Installation Instructions
    1) Open up the for_king_or_country_ver_1.exe file.
    2) Select your main M2TW directory. (C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    3) Click install
    4) After installation there will be a new For King or Country shortcut in your M2TW folder. Double Click it. Enjoy.

***KNOWN BUGS***

Crash before the campaign loads - There is an intermittent crash that occurs before the campaign loads. It has so far been impossible to track down the cause but hopefully it can be fixed in the future.

Custom mission - There is a bug where the faction symbols will turn black when you try to select the opposite faction as your own.
    Last edited by AlphaDelta; November 25, 2008 at 04:38 AM.
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

Default Re: For King or Country version 1.0 released

Downloading now!

Much thanks for your amazing hard work. I feel like I should say more, but I can't come up with the words. So....you're awesome!

+rep...obviously

AHHHH!!!!! MY GOD IS HERE!!!!!

Great work Alpha!

Formerly Tyrtaeus

Finally! Hooray, 42% so far. Faster than I thought! .

The Colonel's Avatar Biarchus

wow, that was fast!

downloading now to bad it goes so slow i can barely wait.
    These fine gentlemen's have thanks to their consistent idiotic posts have earned their place on my ignore list: mrmouth, The Illusionist, motiv-8, mongrel, azoth, thorn777 and elfdude. If you want to join their honourable rank you just have to post idiotic posts and you will get there in no time.

Well here's my first post here. I have been lurking for a while though and the reason I created this account was to respond to this thread.

I must say, great job. I was directed here from The Guild where I initially saw this mod and I was flabbergasted. A brilliant piece of work and I'm certain that this will attract many a civil war fan like myself.

I can only say this. "Keep up the good work and I'm certain you have a mod winner on your hands!"

Edit: This is odd. I have a 20/20 Mb optical connection and FileFront usually gives me a fast download speed, yet surprisingly for this, it's very slow, around 10kb/s. I know it has nothing with you, I just wanted to say it.
    Last edited by Respenus; September 28, 2008 at 01:13 PM.

WOO-HOO!! Downloading Now! Thanks AlphaDelta.

Indefinitely Banned

Fastest Mod EVAR? I think so.

Congrats AD! Downloading now.

OMG Downloading now!!!!! Thousands of praises and rep
    "We'll go to the front—and beyond it, if it'll save the galaxy. Sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light."

gobbothegreen's Avatar Miles

Wow nice
    has any (large)mod ever been released so quckly after it started before?

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gobbothegreen View Post
    has any (large)mod ever been released so quckly after it started before?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Miraj View Post
    No.
    wouldnt it be a challange to finish bc 2.0 for tomorrow ?

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Jesus H. Christ! That was fast. Been playing EB pretty much all spring and summer, and I have to say this is the only M2TW mod I've been looking forward to. You've gone and done it again, creating something different and unique from all the other current mods. Excellent work! Downloading now.

Father Jack's Avatar expletive intended

Congrats AD, im downloading now. I also apologise for any typos in the faction descriptions
    .....2 hrs to download grrr
    Last edited by Father Jack; September 28, 2008 at 01:24 PM.
    Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.

gobbothegreen's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    .....2 hrs to download grrr
    Poor you i´m already installing only took 10 min

nemr's Avatar Miles

I even didn`t imagine a mod will released so fast like(( for king or country))

of course its unique and different from any other

mod here

thanks million

downloading now and rep+

Thanks gents.

Now for an important question: Has anyone got it installed and started playing a campaign? Has anyone got it installed and played a custom battle?

Cheers
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

Father Jack's Avatar expletive intended

nope not yet but im currently 1.30 hrs away from installing it
    Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.

nemr's Avatar Miles

not before one hour to download FKOC >>BAD connection

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast