Thread: Unspecified Crash Error on Load

Default Unspecified Crash Error on Load

This mod looks awsome, unfortunatly I can't even load it up becasue on load it says MTW2 has encountered an unspecified crash and will exit. Any ideas on how to fix this becasue the mod looks cool. (Closest thing the Empire until I get a new computer) I am running Windows XP, MTW2 patch 1.2, no other mods installed besides Broken Cresent which is also fully modfoldered. Any ideas?

Default Re: Unspecified Crash Error on Load

I managed to get the mod working, but it runs in windowed form (eg: I still have my bottom toolbar and there is a border around the mod). This is really distracting and makes it really hard to read the fonts for some reason. Any ideas on whats happening or how to fix it?
    (sorry for this sarcasm, but great job on help offering guys. Would it be to hard to post some advice?)

have to edit fkoc preferences.txt and then save... I had the same problem. in game options do not save so only way to do it is by editin' the config file which is found in the main m2tw folder.

What do I have to edit in it?

Marcus Bestia's Avatar Civis

change it in your for_king_or_country.cfg file, look for "windowed" at the end of file and change from true to false.

thanks, I'll try it.

EDIT: It works now, thanks for the help. Now all I need to do is figure out how not to get slaughtered by muskets. Any general battlefield tips or oddities on the battlefield or campaign maps?
    Last edited by Ajidica; April 01, 2009 at 04:52 PM.

Emperor of The Great Unknown's Avatar Primicerius

Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime.
    cant read?

Thanks, so basicly put my muskets in front of my pikes and have my muskets pull back when the enemy draws near?
    Slightly off topic, but are the system reqirements for FKOC higher than MTW2? I have no problem with good sized battles being a bit jittery in MTW2, but in FKOC, the camera becomes a bit sluggish and the battle a bit jittery. I am playing on medium unit detail, large unit scale.

Is skirmish mode working here? When I set my musketeers to skirmish mode so that they fall back when charged, they dont fall back, getting slaughtered and blocking up the field so when my pikemen come in, they cant reach the enemy until half my muskets are dead. Also, all I've been having is Phyrric Victories. I attacked a Parlimentarian army with around 780 men, no cavalry besides general, Parlimentarians were 802, and I just about lost the battle end score ended up for who lost the most of their army, I lost 91% and they lost 98%, and they only lost that much becasue I persued the routers with my cav. In addition, most of my units lost more men then they killed. I'm not a bad general, but what am I doing wrong? Ive watched the Naseby video (love the Battlefield Britain series) and I put cav on the flank, muskets in front of pikes, and advance to musket range. What I am doing wrong?

Skirmish mode might not be working. I had to fiddle around with the AI settings A LOT to stop them doing stupid things, like not firing!! I would suggest you keep a close eye on your musketeers and dont let them move too far from your pikes. Infact you can or more intertwine the two.

I'm happy to hear the AI is giving you some grief!! Which general did you attack? The AI has experience bonuses at the start.

Can you post a screenshot of your formation?

Cheers
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

I was Marmaduke (the guy with orange infantry), I don't remember who I was fighting against though. I did march him east. As for screenshots, after I hit printscreen on my keyboard, where do the screenshots end up?

Is there still friendly fire here?
    What do you mean by intertwining my muskets and pikes?