Thread: Reproduceable ctd

Default Reproduceable ctd

Hello! I came across a reproduceablel CTD in my game. This is the situation:

The year is 385. Roman forces have pushed back the tides of Germans at the Rhine. After a Sassanid invasion of Syria, forces were built up and eventually managed to seize the city of Ktesiphon-Seleukia. Mesopotamia and Assyria are about to be declared provinces of the Roman Empire. Since the Sassanids attacked through Armenian territory, a campaign against those people was organized and suceeded in taking most of their land.

Now, the Roman army is occupied with fending off occasional attacks from the Sassanids and launching a counter offensive against Berber forces, which took the Western part of Northern Africa.

In the winter of 385 the desperate Sassanids invented a new weapon. The faction heir Melchior the Harsh, is in company of a Roman turncoat "Captain Nero" and seems to be so terrifying to Roman legions, that the game crashes as soon as he seeks combat with my forces.

Attached is the savegame just prior to some battles, the forth of which will cause a CTD. I actually thought that the game always crashes but just right now it did not. This time I had all battles played automatically, and there was no forth battle.

However, I decided to post the savegame anyway. First, I suppose that the game still crashes when you challenge Melchior the Harsh.. and much more important, the second battle is very enjoyable. I really love it when my onagers kill 15% of the enemy army with one shot . So, try yourself, and maybe you can find out something about Melchior the Harsh!
    Last edited by Gildesh; September 27, 2008 at 07:35 PM.

Default Re: Reproduceable ctd

Gildesh, this sounds like the Sassanid Generals Crash.
    In that thread there are also some links to the guid, that discuss the cause of it.
    You might also want to take a look at this thread.

The problem is the sassanid generals, when they die the game crashes.