Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patch 0.51

Gampie's Avatar Tiro

Default Patch 0.51

Here is the 0.51 patch for the 0.5 Beta. This is the first patch. You must already have the beta installed before you install the patch.

DOWNLOAD:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/tyyqjt...sterosv051.msi

Download and install it in your Westeros folder. I've already set the correct default target installation folder to make things easy but in case you have installed M2TW somewhere else you have to browse to the right folder.

(C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\Westeros\is the default target folder)

Changelog Patch v0.51

- filled up missing unit cards and unit info cards
    - added hammerhorn ancillary (text, enum, export)
    - added LordSnow's portrait for Joffrey, loras, jaime, lancel, theon
    - removed knights templar (EDB)
    - removed Billmen
    - added Heavy Billmen and Bill Militia to Renly roster
    - halved heretic spawn rate
    - fixed the no-skin bug of the Dornish peasant archers
    - Ironmen Warriors, Ironmen Raiders and Ironmen Axemen no longer use Stark shields but vanilla Denmark ones
    - free upkeep bonus added for castle buildings (1/2/3/4 units for Wooden Castle/Castle/Fortress/Citadel respectively)
    - more units now have the free upkeep ability
    - added starting armies for the factions
    - gave starting ancillary titles to Tywin, Trebor , Franklyn, Harmen, Anders, Leyton, Paxter, Yohn, Renly, Horton, Tremond, Qorgyle, Mooton, Balon
    - fixed descriptions for the nobility titles of Stonedance, Saltpans, Raventree
    - changed the money script, increased the donation to the AI
    - changed the AI in debt script
    - lowered the king's purse for all factions (makes it harder for the player)
    - fixed the duplicate paragraph in Jaime's biography
    - removed most armour upgrades for the Ironmen Warriors and Ironmen Raiders because they lack a skin
    - added Jaime's armour, Nightfall, Oathkeeper, Lady Forlorn, Heartsbane
    - corrected quote #99

The changes will only work when you start a new campaign.
    If you don't see anything new when starting a new campaign, delete the file map.rwm in C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\Westeros\data\world\maps\base and restart a campaign.
    (If Jaime Lannister's Gilded Armour shows up in his ancillaries, the patch works)
    Last edited by Gampie; September 27, 2008 at 11:59 AM.

Default Re: Patch 0.51

thanks for the pacht

thank you for the patch, it is working well so far
    "Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs," I said. "We have a protractor."

Under Patronage of: Captain Blackadder

hey i put this my westeros folder and when i try to run it I get an error "the folder "program files" contains an invald character"...also its not giving me the option to select a differant path. (my C drive is actually F, instead of C:\program files it F:\program files (dont ask why when I installed windows it just used F instead of C and I didnt even realize it until I had everything installed and I didnt want to wipe my drive and start over, i have never had it cause any issues before)

is that why im getting that error? how do I change the path?
    The Hound

Shouldn't be a problem. I run it from Games/Medieval 2 and the bat file works whatever the folder Med 2 is in.

"Five had been his brothers. Oswell Whent and Jon Darry. Lewyn Martell, a prince of Dorne. The White Bull, Gerold Hightower. Ser Arthur Dayne, Sword of the Morning. And beside them, crowned in mist and grief with his long hair streaming behind him, rode Rhaegar Targaryen, Prince of Dragonstone and rightful heir to the Iron Throne."

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

nice

Hound:
    Are you using an English version of Windows? Or English M2TW? That invalid character part sounds like a language issue. It's ok if you installed it in the wrong spot, just reinstall the patch in the correct place.

Gampie's Avatar Tiro

Could be a good guess, aeoleron. I wouldn't know where the invalid character in "Program Files" is.

reallt thank you for the patch

it is the English version of both (Cant read any other language, LOL). I download it to F:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\Westeros\. I then double click on the installer and thats when I get the error. I deleted the download and tried again, same thing happened. The set up wizard starts and then instantly get the error. Is there any way to get the files without the installer?
    Last edited by The Hound; September 28, 2008 at 03:23 PM.
    The Hound

Gampie's Avatar Tiro

I uploaded a .rar with the files to Mediafire:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ogzuzhyztzy

Place the rar in your main M2TW folder.
    C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\

Then extract it. It will ask to overwrite certain files, answer yes of course.

great! That was quick Im glad I decided to check back. I downloaded the .rar and it looks like everything is good to go. I moved all the files over and started a test campiegn with the Lanisters and Jamie does have his guilded armor ancillary. Now Im going to restart a Stark campiegn.......Thanks Gampie
    The Hound

Gampie's Avatar Tiro

You're welcome.

Rhaegar1's Avatar Campidoctor

hmm can't download it for some reason
    'I'll be damned ' Marcellus Wallis

Hmm, anyone have a spare copy? I've only got the full one, so I can't repackage it. Looks like just a Mediafire server error though.

"Five had been his brothers. Oswell Whent and Jon Darry. Lewyn Martell, a prince of Dorne. The White Bull, Gerold Hightower. Ser Arthur Dayne, Sword of the Morning. And beside them, crowned in mist and grief with his long hair streaming behind him, rode Rhaegar Targaryen, Prince of Dragonstone and rightful heir to the Iron Throne."

This thread is unstickied. I'll leave it up in case people who have 0.5 haven't got round to getting 0.51 now. It's now been merged into the new repack, so there's no need for the cumulative patch unless you have not patched the previous download.

=NF=RuzSkullen's Avatar Laetus

This isn't new now right?

Nope. it's included in the full download.

Hey, I do apologise if I'm posting this in the wrong place but I have never ever used a forum before now, so I'm not really in the know of forum etiquette (or french spelling) but I desperately want to experience this Westeros: Total War!

I followed the instructions and installation advice with the game and patch and for all of 2 seconds I thought it was going to work. The load screen appeared before my eyes with a wonderful map of Westeros and the tag: Westeros: Total War, alas! It then falters and returns me to my desktop
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

Do you have a crash log?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast