Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For King or Country - The Official Website - www.forkingorcountry.com

Default Re: For King or Country - The Official Website - www.forkingorcountry.com

Thanks for linking to my British Civil Wars site for some of the biographies of the generals. I'll link back to your site, which should help with the Google listings.

The mod and website both look fantastic. Congratulations to everyone involved. I haven't played Total War since the days of Shogun, but will buy MTW2 just to play this mod.

Default Re: For King or Country - The Official Website - www.forkingorcountry.com

Quote Originally Posted by Digweed View Post
    Thanks for linking to my British Civil Wars site for some of the biographies of the generals. I'll link back to your site, which should help with the Google listings.

The mod and website both look fantastic. Congratulations to everyone involved. I haven't played Total War since the days of Shogun, but will buy MTW2 just to play this mod.
    Well it was probably AD or one of the researchers who found the your site so I can't take credit for that
    Wow you'd by a game just to play a mod? Although I'm guessing you enjoy the history of the period if you have a website one it

Quote Originally Posted by Tharros View Post
    Wow you'd by a game just to play a mod? Although I'm guessing you enjoy the history of the period if you have a website one it
    Yep, I'd buy it to play a mod of this quality. AFAIK there are no computer simulations of pike-and-musket era warfare, even among the hardcore wargame titles, so this will be quite a significant release for 17th century fans. Plus I always meant to keep up with the Total War series, but until recently haven't had hardware capable of running it.

very good site,congratulations.

big respect for Tharros and +rep from me

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

man u have made great job

Sinan's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Tharros View Post
    In preparation for the release of For King or Country, I have been working on a dedicated website for the mod. I started development on Tuesday night and here is "Version 1".

www.forkingorcountry.com

I have also added the mod to moddb.com.

Any news you may find here will probably already be there, but it probably organizes that information more conveniently. The basic idea of the site is to get the mod out there so more people can enjoy it. I will continue to update as necessary and later I want to style the site so it expresses the period better.
    Awesome. Neat clean and precise. Well done guys, wish you all best success !
    Add me on Steam if you are playing SHOGUN 2 multiplayer!

Titus's Avatar Ordinarius

Very nice! Excellent!!

Thank you good Sirs!

I have added a Credits page with all those of you who have contributed , have done research or have supported FKoC. If you feel you should be on the list inform AD or myself and we will add you!

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

An excellent page providing a tidy catalogue of important information both for the mod itslef as well as the events depicted therein.Excellent indeed

oh yes,as far as other games representing the era go...I do not think there is anything other than Cossacks available in the pc format that even attempts to touch upon the pike and musket era,so yes,it is very right to say that this release poses much importance to those that endeavor to delve deeper into the simulation of this era through the medium of gaming.

Thanks Ikusa!
    Yes Cossacks is a great game if your interested in this period, albeit old, but very, very good.

I have updated the downloads section of the site with mirrors for version 1.0 and both patches, and will continue to do so as they become available.

Thanks Tharros.
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

your dedicated website is really good and it answers most of the questions i had, cant wait to get home after work and give it a try.

and by the way just looked at MOD.DB and its 22 of 8,088.

well done chaps!!
    I was a Roma Surrectum 2.0 Beta Tester

Total War Veteran

Kooperrider's Avatar Foederatus

Bruh it's a Japanese marriage site now.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Kooperrider View Post
    Bruh it's a Japanese marriage site now.
    " O QUAM CITO TRANSIT GLORIA MUNDI " - 'De Imitatione Christi' by Thomas à Kempis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12