Thread: Annual Report to S.P.Q.R.

Scarecrow's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Annual Report to S.P.Q.R.

I have decided to start up an annual report to the S.P.Q.R. on my Rome VH/VH campaign.Every report will be around after 5 years of game play. Feel free to cretique me or even give me orders from the S.P.Q.R. that are within reason such as take such and such province.

Annual Report to S.P.Q.R.

Since my last post. many things have happened. Every settlement in North Africa, under Roman control revolted. Mean-while, the Iberian's were constantly assault the settlement in Trans-Alpine Gaul. We ordered one of our Roman Generals to supress the revolt. As he quickly broke the rebel's on the battle field after sacking IV of X cities the rebels surrendered all but their capital city to my armies. I then invaded Iberia from the south before I come to the last strong hold of them and the Roman Rebel capital. I sacked both of them and exterminated them. Now I am locked in a deadly conflict with the Macedonian army that is quickly drawing funds and troops. I have taken over southern Greece and am currently laying siege to Athens. I have sieze the northern settlements that extend into Thrace and am moving my army south as we speak.
    I will report abck the next chance I get.
    Roma Victor

-General Scarecrow
    Legate to the Legio I Latina
    Grand Master of the Order of New Templar's

Primicerius

Default Re: Annual Report to S.P.Q.R.

This should be in the AAR sub-forum. And good luck, maybe a picture of the map next time?

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Moved. Sounds like a fun campaign Scarecrow.

Opps sorry for the wrong area. I will try for pics only problem is I am on a seperate computer. The campaine is doing well by the way

Year:203 B.C.

Glorius knews from the Legions in Greece. The Macidonian army was brought to battle several times. The settlements of Ambracia, Thermon, Thebes, Patras, Sparta, Corinth, and Aemona have fallen to our Legions. The seige at Athens turned into a route when the Macidonian army counter attacked our rear. Caius Graecus, the general of the Legio I Italinana, has returned to Corinth while Oppius Ahenobarbus, general of the Northern Legion's, prepairs an secondary assault on Athens from the North.
    The mountain passes in the Alps have been re-inforced with a for and a small detachment of the Legion gaurding the Po valley. These forts have been built to help stop Gaulish riders from raiding into Roman lands. Our fort at the Venetia pass has not been heard from in some time. They had the smallest garrison. I will send a cohort to them in hopes of re-establishing communication.
    Roma Victor
    -General Scarecrow

dont forget to request for me to do stuff in game. It'll make it more interesting*
    Last edited by Scarecrow; September 25, 2008 at 01:15 PM.

Primicerius

Well, a picture would help us advise you, but all I would say is (considering you have Iberia, Italy, N. AFrica, and most of Greece now, correct?) invading Gaul would be a good option at this point. Push forward with any troops in Iberia (or raise a new army) and in Italy, while either pulling troops from Greece, or finishing it up quick and heading North east.

Year: 191 B.C.
    From General Scarecrow

The macidonian empire has collapsed. Our Legions in the Balkins have gained controll of Pella, Amphipolis, Sardica, Singidnum, Naissus, Aquinicum, Surmizegetuse, Buridava, Seutopolis, and Larissa. We have been attacked by the Seleucid empire. Our troops, on the eastern front are on the verge of collapse. I am ordering that three new legions be sent from Rome to re-enforce them.
    I am requesting we begin to build up a legion to move north. It will take some time with the funding but do to recent acquisition of map information, the Gaulic tribes have extened their territory into Scythia's territory.
    I am planning an assault on the Seleucid city of Byzntim. Once we capture it, we will use it to form a buffer zone in-between Asia minor and our Balkan cities.
    Roma Victor
    -General Scarecrow

Updated Report to S.P.Q.R.
    From General Scarecrow

I have recalled from the east, General Asinius. He has recently won a battle against the Gauls earning him the title Gallicus. His army has been under constant attack for two years now. His legion had so many casualties, that his legionary furst cohort was destroyed. I will put General Asinius in command of Legio II Ferrata. I will send his legion north with General Spurius Dentatis. They will use the Rhine as a guide and boundary. They will wage war on western Gaul.
    Roma Victor
    -General Scarecrow

Emergency Action Message to S.P.Q.R.
    Year: 175 B.C.
    From General Asinius
    Forgive me for a disaster has occurred. When General Scarecrow had called for all Legions to return to Northern Greece. I shifted south and was engaged multiple times by Gaulish armies. My legion was at its weakest when we were attacked again. Only one Cohort of 42 men and my personal gaurd survived. Our legionary eagle was taken to Singidunum. If you permit me, I will; return to Rome and assume my position where the senate see's fit.
    -General Asinius

Primicerius

Gaul's expanding? I would be really interested to see your map. And some exciting stuff Scarecrow, good job.

Thanks. As I said I would post the map but I am on a different computer then waht my game is on....any suggestions

Primicerius

Well, your still on two fronts: so prioritize. I think you said the Eastern front was weaker, pull some troops from Italy there, and start mass-producing reinforcements and sending them east. Once one front is secure, start pushing forward and concentrate on the other.

Annual Report to S.P.Q.R
    From General Scarecrow

We are winning. I have sent the 1st Africa Legion through-out the desert and they are securing many victories in Egypt against the Seleucids. We are pushed halfway through Turkey as well. We are sending a new Legion every trun though to re-enforce from the losses on the battle-field. Our northern border is holding strong agaisnt the gauls who are in all our war with the Seleucids as well. They are losing badly.I will report back wehn I have mroe time.
    -Roma Victor
    -General Scarecrow

GoldShield Guard's Avatar Civis

Pictures? It is not appealing to read text-only AARs.