Thread: The hunted

Default The hunted

I finally just watched this movie I was eager to watch,even though the reviews I've been reading about it since 2004 were describing it as a terrible movie, and I wasn't surprised that it kept me on the edge of my seat during the entire movie enjoying the action and the gore in it.
    I am not that naive to not understand that this movie is not for all, considering that it lacks a larger more elaborate plot or story,but I m sure that the fans of action movies, and of those that like to see 2 oscar winning actors,that are very dark too, slash each other with cool knifes, will going to enjoy this movie.
    I really liked that Benicio del Toro performed really extraordinary along with Tommy lee Jones, that looked more like a some kind of maniac of action. A real old wolf with experience and with also alot of stamina that was able to chase around the younger student of his and to ultimately beat him.
    The begining is a real cool monologue of this old of 70s kind of voice, telling the story about God and Abraham that after you can discover that Abraham was Tommy lee jones that was asked to murder one of his sons,
    Benicio del toro's character, because uncle sam's asks him too. There was a deep connection between the two. The student was mad at his master, because he taught him to learn how to kill, but not how to stop it, and that woulnd't help him by answering his letters where he wrote that he was loosing it.

I m not a fan of horror movies, and naturally I would be scared to watch the "Exorcist" (aaaaa....when I remember the voice of that litlte girl transformed..) that made famous the director of this movie = William Friedrich. But there was sth about this movie, that was captivating as hell.
    And I really liked the work of the director that deffinitely had sth to say with this movie. Then there were the special effects of blood, the cool moves that the two main character performed while fighting eachother, you could tell that it was a little fake and planed as coreography, tommy lee jones was like 6sth in this movie, and for both was the first action movie this demanding, but again they were fantastic in my opinion, and went through alot to make some of the scenes in this movie giving 100%.
    Last edited by Shqiponja_Hayabusa; September 24, 2008 at 02:28 PM.

xhaxhi Skenderbeu