Thread: Hmmm... I dont Like this General...

Default Hmmm... I dont Like this General...

Have you ever been playing a Campain game and say to yourself "Hmmm... I dont Like this General, he keeps messing up..."?
    I was wondering if there is a way to either Retire or Exicute a General. In the DLV mod, one of the scripters found out how to put generals in dungeons, so my question is if it is possible to make characters die or retire so that they disappeare ( without killing him off in a "disaster" while fighting pirates) and if EBII would use it. I know that some generals in history where forced out of their command for failures in battle, or killed because of political rivalry, so it wouldnt be non-historical. The only question would be if its possible and if EB2 will use it.

Default Re: Hmmm... I dont Like this General...

I hate it when I get a general who is insane, a horrible administrator, and an awful commander, but for some reason seems invincible, even when facing thousands of units alone! That being said, what would the point of even giving generals negative traits if you can just engage in wholesale slaughter of family members you don't like? I'm not sure I support this idea.

if it is possible to make characters die or retire......
    yea, that would be great. sometimes i got really angry... not only putting in a dungeon, sometimes i want to torture them. some of them deserves, really

great idea, i hope the modders think about this.

thelord's Avatar Senator

Just send him on a boat to a suicide attack on enemy fleets.

Lord Condormanius's Avatar Artifex

Although it may be frustrating at times to have an incompetent leader, I think it adds a bit of realism, for lack of a better word, to the game. Little things like this tend to make the game more challenging. Let's face it, not every military commander was necessarily from the top of his class.
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

I use those types as generals. I never let them auto battle but instead I command them myself they make good soldiers, and great cavalry units. They are good for fighting is what I am saying.

Space Voyager's Avatar Campidoctor

Same here. And if one is just too crappy I put him in an army commanded by someone better - so that he has no negative effect.

That is just what I do!! If they are crappy, they makes a good reserve cavalry at least.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Antinous View Post
    That is just what I do!! If they are crappy, they makes a good reserve cavalry at least.
    yeah - I agree
    hehe - i have the same avatar as thelord. (he blatantly stole it...)
    jk lol
    Last edited by Basil 11; October 22, 2008 at 06:05 AM. Reason: lol