Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Ran No Jidai - FAQ, Mission Statement, and Team Roster

Default Re: Ran No Jidai - FAQ

good timong with the MOD facts, you pre-emted my question its like your reading my mind
    I was a Roma Surrectum 2.0 Beta Tester

Total War Veteran

Eutopoi's Avatar Libertus

Compliment for order made Taneda.

Lift your fist without trembling/ Learn to read the things around you/ Break then into pieces all that at its basis...

Seijitai's Avatar Biarchus

Thanks Tane for posting it here... I'm currently fully busy by work, and it's going to be the same for at least two weeks more...

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Champion View Post
    good timong with the MOD facts, you pre-emted my question its like your reading my mind
    That's the main goal my friend

your like a little psykic ninja arnt you
    I was a Roma Surrectum 2.0 Beta Tester

Total War Veteran

Turtules's Avatar Campidoctor

who lost his tuna sandwich.

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

Anyone knows the Japanese word for off-topic?

Oh and btw not that I wanted to go off topic with this question or anything

when you say a fresh install of rome and BI you mean no patches, aff?

No fully patched just with no modified files.

Team Sleep's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Ran No Jidai - FAQ, Mission Statement, and Team Roster

A few questions.

First "Fresh Install" Basically this means install both games...patched up to their latest versions. What if I have a mod installed on RTW but BI is fresh? In other words can I have installed EB v1.2 for RTW and RNJ installed to it's latest version on BI and still be able to play both mods at will?

What new features will be included that are different from BI? For example: EB had a government system & Area of recruitment. Will RNJ Have anything like these?

How many culture slots do you use for this game & how are they used?

Why did you choose the align the battle map horizontally rather than it's true form?

Why only make a few basic units? Why not spread as far as you can given the number of unit slots and historical information you have at your disposal? I've always found that a large variety while maintaining these restrictions keep the game from getting bland.

How will religion be used in this mod?

What new agents will be used in this mod?

You mention unique units being able to be recruited in certain provinces. Can you elaborate on this?

As I've only come across this mod tonight, I haven't had time to scroll through all of your forums. So I'll ask here. How long has your team been working on the mod & what percentage of the mod is complete?

Thank You,
    Friends
    Last edited by Team Sleep; September 30, 2010 at 08:48 PM.

Are you doing this with any half- or unreleased mod around Team Sleep or only with those I´m involved?

Anyway:
    First "Fresh Install" Basically this means install both games...patched up to their latest versions. What if I have a mod installed on RTW but BI is fresh? In other words can I have installed EB v1.2 for RTW and RNJ installed to it's latest version on BI and still be able to play both mods at will?
    Its modfoldered. It wont interfere with other mods that are also.

What new features will be included that are different from BI? For example: EB had a government system & Area of recruitment. Will RNJ Have anything like these?
    Not much if any I think, but I never really played any TW vanilla for long, so I dont even know.
    Maybe you can count the teppo ashigaru (arquebusiers) as new. Buildinglines and effects differ too of course.

How many culture slots do you use for this game & how are they used?
    Theres only 1 culture used by now. It was a decision of the original team and to my opinion a really bad one - we lack time and manpower for now to change again.

Why did you choose the align the battle map horizontally rather than it's true form?
    Dont know why and/or understand what youre talking about.

Why only make a few basic units? Why not spread as far as you can given the number of unit slots and historical information you have at your disposal? I've always found that a large variety while maintaining these restrictions keep the game from getting bland.
    This is nearly an offense?
    There are lots of units. They´ve been carefully choosen with high priority to historical information.
    Still its a stretch for the game of course, cause few of those units really existed in a "pure form" but rather in "intermixed regiments". Theres no use to go further to "max out useable slots", this is not a fantasy mod. Themore its been explained in the FAQ

How will religion be used in this mod?
    As the engine allows it. Not finished yet.
    What new agents will be used in this mod?
    There is no (know to me) way to implement new agents.
    You mention unique units being able to be recruited in certain provinces. Can you elaborate on this?
    Should be selfexplanatory? Some special units can only be recruited in some provinces, that meet special requirements. Its pretty much standard in TW moding.
    As I've only come across this mod tonight, I haven't had time to scroll through all of your forums. So I'll ask here. How long has your team been working on the mod & what percentage of the mod is complete?
    Dont really know - guess it must be about 6 years now. Theres not much left of the original or core team. The mod was dead or very near that several times. Myself is rather new on the team.
    The mod is largely finished in the "main-fields" with the devil beeing in the detail, with things never solved, the team-fluctuations didnt really help, some "basics" still causings probs, much polishing needed.

Hey thanks for the answers Aethelstan. Nah I'm just finding mods that look good to play as far as historical accuracy is concerned. This mod looks just as good as EB.

I will have many more questions as time goes on though of course.

I don't mean offense. Just didn't realize there were "Lots of units" from what I've read there were only a few basic. But that could have been put down a long time ago. I'm not asking for fantasy believe me. I just thought there was more variety in history that would be able to flesh out the remaining unit slots.

I was also wondering about MIC's. Why not roll up all military buildings into 1 building slot (Archery range/Gunnery/Stables/Baracks)? That way only 1 building is required to train any military. And you would upgrade this building as your settlement progressed. Sort of like EB. Also I was thinking that if you did put the use of an MIC...you would have about 3 or 4 extra building slots to build other historical buildings for your settlement really showing off what your mod has done! It would seem better to have 3 more unique buildings on your battle map rather than about 4 similar military structures no?

I've also read in other posts from your Beta version that many players would like to see some stat changes for all units. This way the battles will last longer. Will this be tweeked for the final version?

I'm interested in seeing how the musketeers unit is going to be animated in conjunction with battle in the game. You have any videos on this somewhere out there?

Well thanks again friends for the answers! I wish you all luck and hope to play soon!

vermicious knid's Avatar Ducenarius

The current Ran no Jidai team could probably be characterized as a small part-time group, focused on the core elements that need to be completed for an eventual campaign release, though a modest update is scheduled for an early November release.

Just wondering where the list of "To Do" things are for Ran No Jidai? I saw you mention it in another thread but I can't seem to find it. By the way...keep up the good work everyone!

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

Ah that was still for the Beta mate. At this time we keep the Todo list for ourselves, for a good reason.

With the Beta it was simply fixing things, and then we were done.

But for Ran No Jidai 1.1 we are ADDING things, and some of these things we don't want the public to see yet

This is the 1st time i play this mod and i can not seige a town. When i attack the town, the pop up appear but i cant click to the battering ram to build it

kenny2010's Avatar Foederatus

This is the 1st time i play this mod and i can not seige a town. When i attack the town, the pop up appear but i cant click to the battering ram to build it
    Please install all-in-one sub mod.
    This mod help you to fix bugs in RNJ version 1.0.

I hope this helps.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456