Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Campaign AI Project

Default Re: Campaign AI Project

Also I heard you working on a new Battle AI, would it be possible to make stake deployment for the AI possible? Or could the AI not cope with it because it would just suicide their cavalry? I would really like to see this feature but I think there is areason why I never saw an Battle AI that used stakes for the AI.

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by mekkermann View Post
    Hi Bitterhowl,

I have a question to your AI, on the site where the link did lead me you say that there are 4 AI types pope, slave, default and mongols. As I just Implemented the AI into Roar of conquest I thought it would be good to set the factions to these AI´s instead of Catholic or Islamic. Was this assumption correct? Or would it also work with the other AI´s? Will give some feedback later on when I have played some campaigns, for the moment sicily has declared war on the papal states on turn 5 which I don´t feel very comfortable about but I will see how it goes. I just hope the pope can avoid conflicts just stay in rome, not conquer new territories and call a crusade here and there.
    Thanks for the question and for trying my CAI. I updated archive at that resource, I added more religious ai_labels (catholic, orthodox, islam, pagan) and island for island located/naval oriented factions. Also I removed descr_faction_standinds file, I think it can break optimal performance in particular mod.

As for BAI - Germanicus uses stakes but only if player has cavalry and AI army has not. So I included stakes placement into my BAI at some situations, for example if AI defending crossing or bridge.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

That additional AI personalities sound very good especially the Island AI. Also the use of stakes for the AI sounds amazing. I sadly had to move away from Germanicus AI at one point since there where sometimes crashes and Skynet proved more stable, but I´m glad to see the stakes again in the future. I tried to download the CAI files again to get the latest changes but the files seems unchanged. I use the link below "Ok, so bitterhowl here, I'm proudly present TrueGerenal CamP.A.I.N." https://imtw.ru/uploads/imperiall/im...ral_campain.7z .

Have I just clicked the wrong link, or could be something else the issue?

Ah now it worked and everything is as expected, thank you.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by bitterhowl View Post
    So here's a link to dedicated English speaking thread about my brand new CAI TrueGeneral CamP.A.I.N.

P.A.I.N. starts from right there

If community insists I can open a separate thread here on TWC ofc.
    Seems interesting, will check it out. So is there somewhere demonstrated (or at least desrcibed) how is it better/different than other AIs?

Yea, definitely open an english thread on TWC, and not on the russian forum. Thats a no-brainer I think, if you are serious about this CAI
    Last edited by Jadli; May 18, 2023 at 02:02 AM.

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Well, it's a summary of all knowledge placed here in AI Workshop + my own workarounds.

I have some positive feedback from couple of people, who implemented my CAI into different mods (for example in Thera one "viking-like" faction, which intended to be naval oriented - made a full scale naval invasion, which never happened before in campaigns played by that user; by the way - looks like my post in Thera thread was deleted)) ) Also some mods already included my stuff.

My proposal here is an act of gratitude to TWC for all knowledge I took here. I think I have to share results of my CAI achievements. And I provided a link to download the stuff.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345