Thread: Sprites help

Icon4 Sprites help

After the sprites finish downloading the WinRar program opens, I click in sprites and then I click Extract To. I click Rome Total War,RomemedievalMOD, Data and when i click Extract To it says Error. oh and i have Windows Vista.

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Sprites help

redownload the sprites again you had a corrupt download

Ok but did I put the sprites on the right place?

it still says the same.

Lord Of The Knights's Avatar Rome Medieval ******

Drago,you need to download the sprites,extract them anywhere you want,go to the extracted folder,copy sprites folder and descr_models_battle,then paste them in Rome Total War\RomeMedievalMod\Data,after that install the latest hotfix No.8 (note:install the sprites first).

alright i got the sprites done and now i need help on how to do the Hotfix.

Lord Of The Knights's Avatar Rome Medieval ******

Ok,download the latest HotFix,extract it anywhere you want,open the extracted folder,copy the two folders (RomeMedievalMod and Data folders) and paste them in Rome Total War folder,press yes to overwrite.

I got a CTD and I have the sprites and add-ons installed.

Hi Lord of the Knights and all the team

First i just want to say well done on a professional looking great game (though i have only played 2 battles on campaign mode before i realised i needed to install the patches :c/ ).

I have the same problem as the previous poster and it can't be solved the way you explained with us both being on vista. On vista it wont let you extract with winra because it needs admin rights.
    If you try to do it manually by moving the folders to the mod folder you dont get the option to overwrite the files, you get 3 options which are don't copy, copy and replace or copy but keep both files. With these options if you copy and replace then you will lose any data that is not in the patch/ hotfix ect and the other option would leave you with the new data and also the data that needed to be replaced :c/

i might have to reinstall my medieval cause i'd added the sprites patch by copying and replacing it before i realised :c(

I don't know much about pc's so can you think of a way around this

any help you can offer would be much appreciated

To Drago1359

you will probably need to download RM2 again (unless you kept the installer program) in case you have corrupted the files. if you placed any of the patches into your actual Rome folders and not your Rome medieval then you'll have to re-install Rome-total war again as well.

so follow the steps you did before to install RM2, when that is done you need to change the admin rights on your

The Creative Assembly folder (or activision which ever one you use) (C:\Program Files\ The Creative Assembly)

to do this right click on The Creative Assembly folder (or activision) and go to properties then go to the security tab. the first box should be called 'Group or user names' and in that box you'll see 'CREATOR OWNER' 'SYSTEM' 'Users (your pc name\Users)' ect.

you need to change the rights for the 'Users' so left click on that so its highlighted and click on the edit button below the first box (it should have a windows shield on it).

that will open the bottom box with the ticks in, just tick the box that says 'Full control' it'll make all the ticks appear. then press the apply button at the bottom.

a box should appear flashing through all the Rome files, wait until that has finished (you might need to re-tick that box and press apply again after you have installed the sprites and hotfix if you cant close the security box, i had to) then you are ready to unpack the winra sprites pack then the hotfix as the install instructions say. this will let them be applied without the 'access denied' box appearing in winra.

the reason you needed to do that is because vista has protected files so they cant be overwritten or something so what you did there was to take the administrator rights off while you altered the Rome files (added the mod files).

then you need to sit down with a coffee and enjoy this game after your long wait :cD

i apologize if there is an easier way of doing this or if i have gone into too much detail but im new to pc's :c/

hope that helps :c)
    Last edited by Regnak; September 29, 2008 at 10:14 PM.