Thread: Damn REBELS!

Default Damn REBELS!

Is it possible to do something in medieval total war game to completely eliminate new rebels and returning factions?

Maybe a cheat or a mod? or by editing a game txt file?

Cause I think it is impossible to achieve 100% world domination in normal difficulty. Once you are close to your goal, the skies opens and fire and brimstone falls upon your empire, and the next morning your mighy empire is just dust in the wind.

Nikos's Avatar VENGEANCE BURNS

Default Re: Damn REBELS!

Keep your taxes low. It's easy to check the happiness by pressing shift. When you push it, your provinces light up and it shows you how happy they are. green=happy,yellow=so so,red=bad
    Learn about Byzantium! http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Toward-Warfare
    Civitate
    ,Ex Content Writer,Ex Curator, Ex Moderator

Proud patron of Jean=A=Luc
    In Patronicum sub Celsius

Also, for re-emerging factions, make sure that loyalty in your provinces is at 120% or higher. This should prevent dead factions from returning (except the Pope, as he can reappear at any time no matter what).
    "Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." - Pascal

I tried lowest tax but even if loyality is 200% there is no way to prevent a world wide revolt at a certain point of the game. For example I reloaded the game 2 turns before the revolt and tried to place a huge army of 2000 men in that province but still after 2 turns a huge zombie faction army resurrect from it's ashes and it is even more technologically advanced than mine.

It's not fair. I spit blood to eliminate that scourge of the Almohads.

I feel that the closer to the goal you are, the more the computer cheats on you. It's like trying to make a hole in the water.

I wish I could play the game without zombie factions and multiplying rebels.

Quote Originally Posted by War Lordi View Post
    I tried lowest tax but even if loyality is 200% there is no way to prevent a world wide revolt at a certain point of the game. For example I reloaded the game 2 turns before the revolt and tried to place a huge army of 2000 men in that province but still after 2 turns a huge zombie faction army resurrect from it's ashes and it is even more technologically advanced than mine.

It's not fair. I spit blood to eliminate that scourge of the Almohads.

I feel that the closer to the goal you are, the more the computer cheats on you. It's like trying to make a hole in the water.

Well, there are limits, it makes sense. Show me a huge empire in history, which didn't have problems with it's integrity.

Well the game *does* start to make things harder the larger you get (factions gang up on you, generals/governors are more likely to become lazy/corrupt, etc.). That's been the case with pretty much every TW title I've played.

That said, however, if you're suffering from mass rebellions and/or faction re-emergences, there's usually a reason for it. You don't have your king stuck on an island somewhere and/or have him leading an invasion, do you?

No I keep the King safe on his throne back in England. Could it be bacause I have a lot of debts? My bank account is -900,000.

Anyway if you can't beat them join them right? So I am planning to restart the game from begining but this time as a rebel. Using the cheat .conan.

No I keep the King safe on his throne back in England.
    Ironically, that could actually be part of the problem if your empire is large, as more far-flung provinces suffer from the "distance-to-ruler" penalty. It's generally best to keep your faction leader as close the middle of your territory as possible.

That said, however, that would still probably be only a relatively minor reason for your problems. I suspect that the following is the main reason:

Could it be bacause I have a lot of debts? My bank account is -900,000.
    Oh, yes. Being in debt -- especially for long periods of time -- can be very detrimental to your faction's stability. Also, if your treasury is in the red, then your troops aren't getting paid, which obviously makes them....restless.

This is almost certainly why you've been experiencing your current difficulties.

this reminded of a time in BI i was saxsons and the Romano British turned up and i wiped them out before they took london.
    was realy funny as there serpose to take it.
    :brit::brit::brit::brit::brit::brit::brit::brit::brit:

Rule, Britannia! Britannia, rule the waves!
    Britons never, never, never shall be slaves!
    Rule, Britannia! Britannia, rule the waves!
    Britons never, never, never shall be slaves!
    copyed from Emperor Richard

In MTW , there are some regularly revolt provinces.I think this is a part of the game .Ex , in Portugal , I have to garrison many troops , about 500 ,top general must have good virtual like +10 happiness , Saint mercy - merciless , etc... All above I have 128% loyality only . If I reduce garrison to 300 or 200 ....-.-! ... Uh oh

Yep, Scotland, Norway, and Finland tend to be some of the most unforgiving territories to take and hold.

Also, remember that if you take a territory that is not of your religious belief, or that was satisfied under the previous prince, it will likely be unfavorable towards you.

Quote Originally Posted by misplacedgeneral View Post
    satisfied under the previous prince, it will likely be unfavorable towards you.
    This will only happen when you engage a province and you can't catch/kill the king/prince/general of that province - you let him flee and hide in populace. This will be east to deal - just reduce garrison and wait ... fishing

The Great Caliph's Avatar Laetus

Having rebellious factions is fun. Good to keep you on guard, especially knowing the obvious enemy is not your neighbour next door, but from the comfort of your cozy families.