Thread: Timurids

Zymran's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Timurids

I just had the misfortune to witness the might of In Nomine's Timurid Empire first hand. More than 40,000 men & 2 great generals lost, while they didn't even seem to make much of an effort. Luckily, thanks to another war they had going in India I got away with just a 25 ducat tribute

As long as they are the superpower of the Middle East, my fledgling Byzantine Empire can't do anything (they're constantly looking for a fight - they've warned me, embargoed me, and constantly cause me trouble). Unfortunately, my attempt to defeat them (or even humble them slightly) using military might ended disastrously.

So my question is, how can I ensure they lose power? I'm hoping to see their empire fracture into many pieces thanks to unrest, but currently they have +2 stability, and all my attempts at supporting rebellions in Timurid Georgia and Samarkand have failed. And, to make things even more difficult, I can't even see most of their empire thanks to Terra Incognita.

So...any ideas?

EDIT: Hah! Never mind - a happy ending anyway . After another (long) war, their war exhaustion was high, and they faced invasion on 3 fronts. Their empire is dissintegrating, and I'm supporting all the small emerging states in their wars. Victory!
    Last edited by Zymran; September 18, 2008 at 10:53 AM.
    Terror of the Steppes: a Kypchak AAR
    Check out my tutorial: how to change one faction into another HERE