• High

1 4.00%
  • Late

0 0%
  • Ren

6 24.00%

Thread: What Era are you playing?

Default What Era are you playing?

What wondering what era people are playing or if they have tried a few what is you favorite

I'm in the Ren Era at the moment an its dam awesome

Civitate

Default Re: What Era are you playing?

Same as you. There are so few mods in that era that it's refreshing to play it. And SV does it extremely well - especially since it's still a beta!
    Last edited by Shaun; September 17, 2008 at 05:42 PM.
    Under the patronage of Rhah and brother of eventhorizen.

I agree totally that was my first reason for trying the mod then the challenge of the mod got me hooked this is the 1st time iv ever gotten this late in the game with musket invention it's always finished or I'm bored way before that its refreshing to have gunpowder straight away

an by SS i assume you mean SV

Obilic's Avatar Libertus

I am playing in the Dark Age era with Serbia and absolutely loving it. I actually like it that much that even though I could have finished it quite some time ago by conquering the last necessary settlement I chose to keep playing and to see/observe what new things might pop up...
    I know I keep repeating it but you guys really, I mean really outdid yourself this time.

They didn't just outdo themselves they out did EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!

this mod is for the hardcore fan that needs a real balanced challenge
    It's awesome having to be careful an decide what buildings an units to build
    instead of just stacking the building browser with everything cuz you got a million florins

Chema_Cagi's Avatar Foederatus

The first era I'd started was the Dark Age, trying both the County of Barcelona and the pechenegs. Now I'm giving a try at the late era but will move soon to the renaissance for sure. Small firearms are just overpowered (not a fault of this mod, though), but I like the appearance of heavy armor, landsknechts and so. Timurids have always been a favourite of mine when playing Europa Universalis II and so I'll go after them in the Ren era of SV

Playing computer games since 1981 and still enjoying the thrill of it

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Blakdust View Post
    I agree totally that was my first reason for trying the mod then the challenge of the mod got me hooked this is the 1st time iv ever gotten this late in the game with musket invention it's always finished or I'm bored way before that its refreshing to have gunpowder straight away

an by SS i assume you mean SV
    Yes.
    Under the patronage of Rhah and brother of eventhorizen.

I am still hammering away at my early era campaign as HRE. It's very challenging, even though HRE is kind of the superpower of the age. Have conquered the Middle Eastern objectives and then some, plus southern Sweden and East Prussia. I need to get cracking on Poland and Italy, though, if I am to win. Will tackle Italy last, because I need papal support right up until the end. Have been able to get the great majority of popes elected from the empire. I've pretty much taken down the Seljuks from their preeminent position through my conquest of the Middle East from Palestine to Antioch and beyond. Totally awesome mod.

Darkage is the most interesting and original of the mod

Rainnesance : I like the guns and the big cities

Quote Originally Posted by Giovi View Post
    Darkage is the most interesting and original of the mod
    Will have to try that next