Thread: towers cause ctd

DrwHem's Avatar Tiro

Default towers cause ctd

for some reason whenever i try to build a watchtower my game instantly crashes but the damn music and other sounds still play in the background.

Default Re: towers cause ctd

Can you provide more detail? faction, era, etc..

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag

DrwHem's Avatar Tiro

Its Byzantium in the late era i think...the campaign started in 1210 or so. Its completely random too. Some turns i am allowed to build towers but other turns i cant.

I have noticed a similar problem, though for me it seems localized to the province of Thrake. I started a Dark Age game as Byzatium, and every time I try to build a watchtower in Thrake, the game crashes as I click the button to construct field works. Also, in a recent game in the High Period, playing as the Latins, when I try to build towers in Thrake, the same thing happens. So far that is the only time I experience this problem. As the Anglo-Saxons, Scots, and Catalans I have had no problems with towers, and as the Latins and Byzantines, only when I build towers in Thrake.

I haven't seen this yet, will have to try to duplicate.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobus Rex View Post
    I have noticed a similar problem, though for me it seems localized to the province of Thrake. I started a Dark Age game as Byzatium, and every time I try to build a watchtower in Thrake, the game crashes as I click the button to construct field works. Also, in a recent game in the High Period, playing as the Latins, when I try to build towers in Thrake, the same thing happens. So far that is the only time I experience this problem. As the Anglo-Saxons, Scots, and Catalans I have had no problems with towers, and as the Latins and Byzantines, only when I build towers in Thrake.
    Thrake is that a province N of Konstantinople ?

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by ElSypatiko View Post
    Thrake is that a province N of Konstantinople ?
    Yes, it is the next-to Constantinople region in Greece.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

I think it is a buggy province but the team mentioned something in the bug about it .

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by ElSypatiko View Post
    I think it is a buggy province but the team mentioned something in the bug about it .
    SV mentioned, that he'll try to reproduce it, and as he did, he couldn't find something, as yet.

I don't think the province is buggy. The described occurence is very strange, perhaps a certain era specific code or setting or a thing on the players side. If it would be a common map bug, there would be more reports about it, and it would have been mentioned far earlier, already during our early betatesting phases, i assume at least.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

jnecros's Avatar Miles

I have these two relating ctds, the only ones I have experienced in this mod, will post more if I find them.

Morava, Darkage: Vratislava crashes when trying to enter tower/fort build mode.

Magyar Törzsek, Darkage: Constantinople crashes when trying to enter tower/fort build mode.

Forgot to mention: These are repeatable crashes.
    Last edited by jnecros; September 24, 2008 at 08:27 AM. Reason: forgot

I was able to build four watchtowers in Thrake, with no problems. Do you know what tile you were trying to build then on?

~
    show_cursorstat

it should give you an xxx, yyy number.

Strange
    Was trying to attack the rebel city Sout of bagdad (call in the name later)
    1 time CTD (luckily i quiqksaved before)
    2 time CTD
    3 time after a few turns no problem
    Strange