Thread: population limits

joemo's Avatar Tiro

Icon10 population limits

when you recruit soldiers will the population decrease like in rome i think that should be added
    my zero turn recruitment mod for eb click on the smily
    click on this smiley for no clamour for reform

Default Re: population limits

That happens in MTW2 as well. Also, there is a questions topic already to avoid individual posts scattered around the forum.

No that doesn't happen in MTWII and its something we cannot mod in. It was removed and replaced with recruitment pools.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

I just tried 'disband _to_pool' in kingdoms but it doesn't adjust populations .. just pool size apparently.

BUGGAR!! more abstract fixes for a poorly designed game!

R
    Last edited by Rorarii; September 16, 2008 at 08:48 AM.
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Actually I prefer it. A combination of the two might have worked better, but I'm not sure. Anyway it allows us to artificially control the percentage of the population that can be called up for military duty while still allowing for population growth in numbers roughly equivalent to the numbers in ancient times (about 2% pa). You can expect to see population growth occuring a slow rate, and larger populations requiring larger farms and stuff to maintain that stable growth rate.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Little Turtle's Avatar Tiro

I always had this thought for populations, the max population of a huge city is around 40,000 while cities such as Rome had more than one million at there height, is there any way the figures can be represented as more?
    Rep is customary, sir.

Icon3 Re: population limits

But remember that all those 40.000 (minus 400) could be recruited, so it must represents the number of households or fit males rather than the entire population.

Quote Originally Posted by Foot View Post
    Actually I prefer it. A combination of the two might have worked better, but I'm not sure. Anyway it allows us to artificially control the percentage of the population that can be called up for military duty while still allowing for population growth in numbers roughly equivalent to the numbers in ancient times (about 2% pa). You can expect to see population growth occuring a slow rate, and larger populations requiring larger farms and stuff to maintain that stable growth rate.

Foot
    Good for you, bad for me! I'm trying to create a mod where Romulus moved large populations to rome to quickly build up it's population.

I'm going to have to adjust population growth rates in effected regions or just gift settlements to Rome.

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

joemo's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by AWZC View Post
    That happens in MTW2 as well. Also, there is a questions topic already to avoid individual posts scattered around the forum.
    yeh after i writw it i thought omg i am an idoit but people make mistakes and thanks every one for your replies
    my zero turn recruitment mod for eb click on the smily
    click on this smiley for no clamour for reform

I've been under the impression that the 'population' is simply the amount of males at fighting age. That is pretty much right, I think, looking at the cities.

kepper's Avatar Artifex

In MTW 2 they are people o pay tax, to there ruler.
    <iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...get/video.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"> </iframe>

Roloc's Avatar Biarchus

The number represents only the fighting-fit males in a city town village, etc, because if the number was to represents both male and females, it means that in 40000 citizen city there are 39600 men and just 400 women, which is totally unrealistic

The whole game is roughly to scale population wise. Look at the size of the armies compared to the size of actual armies. If one can only fit two or three thousand in a consular army, it wouldn’t make sense to have Rome with a population approaching one million toward the end of the time period.

Roloc's Avatar Biarchus

And in MTW 2, once a city reaches 60000 inhabitants:
    1-The settlement riots and thousands die each turn.
    2-The settlement revolts, I retake it, exterminate the population and gain at least 50000 florins

Quote Originally Posted by Foot View Post

Foot
    Hmmm so does that mean there wont be the problems with massive overpopulation & inherit revolt risk of conquered populations?

When I take a city (in EB 1.2) I usually raze any graneries etc in order to slow or reverse growth but quite often end up with stupidly huge garrisons needed to hold poor cities with populations that seem to be part rabbit...