Thread: ORIGINAL AND FUTURE PLANS FOR IB2

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia's Avatar Nobleza y Valor

Default ORIGINAL AND FUTURE PLANS FOR IB2

several things have to be taken into consideration
    1. working on these campaigns for RTW would have a possibility of lets say 85% that it can be done, BUT by the time we're finished, the game would probably be so obsolete that only the die-hard fans of the late era would DL them, if at all.
    2. working on these campaigns for M2TW I am not really sure about the chances of doing all this. Instead of thinking of grand campaigns I am actually thinking of mini-campaigns building up to at least one grand campaign, with each mini-campaign adding to the completeness of the final mod.
    my thoughts are these:

a. Campaign 1 - The Vandal invasion of Africa, 3 factions- Vandals, WRE, Berbers, u can actually add in the Alamanni representing the Swabian contingent of the Vandals (did they also go to Africa?) or the Alans (I do not plan to make the VAndals in Spain as separate factions (Vandals/Alans/Swabians) as I am sure that would mean war between them but an Alan faction in the CAucasus wouldn't be bad. why Africa? I doubt it would be very interesting especially with those who aren't in the know but finishing the campaign u would have already almost finished the Romans and the Germans (plus Sarmatians) w/c would be about 1/2 of the factions in the grand campaign. PLUS, this would simply be the lower left corner of the map in the grand campaign, so map coordinates wouldn't even need to be changed.

b. Campaign 2 (this could be campaign 1, if necessary) the Saxon invasion of Britain, I think this would be popular. think of it as a mini- Arthurian Total War, especially since Agraes does not plan on making an ATW for M2TW - with only 4 factions - RB, Saxons, Gaels, Picts. I do not intend to separate Angles, Saxons, Frisians, and what not as I believe that would be too many factions in that part of the world for the grand campaign.

c. Campaign 3 (The Hephthalite invasion) 4 factions? Kidarites, Sassanids, Hephthalites, Guptas?
    d Campaign 4? (with Huns? the rise of the Hunnic empire? the consolidation of Eastern Europe by the Huns?)
    after having finished these campaigns it would only be a small matter of adding in factions that haven't been finished (Lakhmids, Ghassanids, Armenians, etc...)

One other possibility is (somewhat similar to what Narses/Elrond was mentioning some time ago) some of us could work on the campaigns for RTW version (julianus heraclius comes to mind) while the others could work on the M2TW version.

So regarding Aurelain campaign:
    Gaiten, give me a short description of the Roman units you proposed, esp regarding weapons, armor so I can start modelling them and be finished with them ASAP. for the meantime we shall call them hastati/principe/triarii and would probably retain that for internal name. The discussion on what to call them can be continued and when it is finally decided then it can easily just be changed in the descr_units.txt file. julianus heraclius' opinion has a very strong weight as he will mostly be the one to be building the campaign, but we cannot/should not allow such a minor thing as what to call them hinder the progress of the campaign. Again since it would be jh doing a lot of the work, it is his call to use RTW engine or BI engine. btw, does anybody know if Marian reforms really do not work in BI? or is it simply the matter of adding a marian reforms entry?

RE: Exporting cas to milkshape, where did u hear of this? if u know the program/ script todo so can u point it to me?

cheers
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Proud patron of Riothamus, Pompeius Magnus and SeniorBatavianHorse
    If we had gone so far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants

Default Re: ORIGINAL PLANS FOR IB2

Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Gonzales y Garcia View Post
    several things have to be taken into consideration
    1. working on these campaigns for RTW would have a possibility of lets say 85% that it can be done, BUT by the time we're finished, the game would probably be so obsolete that only the die-hard fans of the late era would DL them, if at all.
    2. working on these campaigns for M2TW I am not really sure about the chances of doing all this. Instead of thinking of grand campaigns I am actually thinking of mini-campaigns building up to at least one grand campaign, with each mini-campaign adding to the completeness of the final mod.
    my thoughts are these:

a. Campaign 1 - The Vandal invasion of Africa, 3 factions- Vandals, WRE, Berbers, u can actually add in the Alamanni representing the Swabian contingent of the Vandals (did they also go to Africa?) or the Alans (I do not plan to make the VAndals in Spain as separate factions (Vandals/Alans/Swabians) as I am sure that would mean war between them but an Alan faction in the CAucasus wouldn't be bad. why Africa? I doubt it would be very interesting especially with those who aren't in the know but finishing the campaign u would have already almost finished the Romans and the Germans (plus Sarmatians) w/c would be about 1/2 of the factions in the grand campaign. PLUS, this would simply be the lower left corner of the map in the grand campaign, so map coordinates wouldn't even need to be changed.

b. Campaign 2 (this could be campaign 1, if necessary) the Saxon invasion of Britain, I think this would be popular. think of it as a mini- Arthurian Total War, especially since Agraes does not plan on making an ATW for M2TW - with only 4 factions - RB, Saxons, Gaels, Picts. I do not intend to separate Angles, Saxons, Frisians, and what not as I believe that would be too many factions in that part of the world for the grand campaign.

c. Campaign 3 (The Hephthalite invasion) 4 factions? Kidarites, Sassanids, Hephthalites, Guptas?
    d Campaign 4? (with Huns? the rise of the Hunnic empire? the consolidation of Eastern Europe by the Huns?)
    after having finished these campaigns it would only be a small matter of adding in factions that haven't been finished (Lakhmids, Ghassanids, Armenians, etc...)

One other possibility is (somewhat similar to what Narses/Elrond was mentioning some time ago) some of us could work on the campaigns for RTW version (julianus heraclius comes to mind) while the others could work on the M2TW version.

So regarding Aurelain campaign:
    Gaiten, give me a short description of the Roman units you proposed, esp regarding weapons, armor so I can start modelling them and be finished with them ASAP. for the meantime we shall call them hastati/principe/triarii and would probably retain that for internal name. The discussion on what to call them can be continued and when it is finally decided then it can easily just be changed in the descr_units.txt file. julianus heraclius' opinion has a very strong weight as he will mostly be the one to be building the campaign, but we cannot/should not allow such a minor thing as what to call them hinder the progress of the campaign. Again since it would be jh doing a lot of the work, it is his call to use RTW engine or BI engine. btw, does anybody know if Marian reforms really do not work in BI? or is it simply the matter of adding a marian reforms entry?

RE: Exporting cas to milkshape, where did u hear of this? if u know the program/ script todo so can u point it to me?

cheers
    I will be editing this thread...or I should say expand upon it and will leave it open for questions that anyone may have. I will further detail the journey that IB2 is at or on and the direction it is going. Some focus has changed since Ramon Gonzales y Garcia above post so hopefully this help will avoid confusion as to the publics perception of IB2 plans.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod