Thread: update 9/16 IB2 Successes by midnite

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Default update 9/16 IB2 Successes by midnite

I made a new thread to give you a glimpse of what I am experimenting with. With some of the tools available in this forum and some of my own experimenting I bring you

Is this familiar to anyone??

It is a stealth **********

I
    wish
    I
    knew
    how
    to
    use
    the
    hide
    tag

As you can see, There is some success with transporting units from IB to IB2. I just need to figure out how to add, for lack of a better word, the smaller textures to the main texture file. With rtw and ib each unit has only 1 texture. MTWII I believe has 5 textures for each main texture file. That is why I have some stealth units. I need to add 4 more textures to the main file.
    Last edited by midnite; September 16, 2008 at 01:05 AM.
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: update 9/15 IB2 Successes and blunders by midnite

made some more progress

more visible units -- less stealth

some pics

memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Jingles's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: IB2 Successes and blunders by midnite

Heehee! pure weirdness

Juvenal's Avatar love your noggin
    Patrician Content Emeritus

Shouldn't this thread have a "gore" warning?

Even though I have a strong stomach, I am shocked at the sacrifices those poor IBFD soldiers have had to make to fulfil your hideous experiments. I can only hope that decent provision had been made for their families.

Sadly I must throw my own scruples aside and, having formally laid the blame for "collateral damage" firmly at your door, I urge you to continue the experiments with all speed so that we your baying and fickle audience may experience the full delights of IB II.
    imb39 ...is my daddy!
    See AARtistry in action: Spite of Severus and Severus the God

Support the MAARC!
    Tale of the Week Needs You!

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Juvenal View Post
    Shouldn't this thread have a "gore" warning?

Even though I have a strong stomach, I am shocked at the sacrifices those poor IBFD soldiers have had to make to fulfil your hideous experiments. I can only hope that decent provision had been made for their families.

Sadly I must throw my own scruples aside and, having formally laid the blame for "collateral damage" firmly at your door, I urge you to continue the experiments with all speed so that we your baying and fickle audience may experience the full delights of IB II.

with a few blood textures and less weapons this could become the zombie mod for IB2

An interesting thought.....

The models certainly fit well into the new engine. Are you going to update them at all, or will you leave them as they are. Personally, the low poly count would be good news for me, as my PC isn't particularly sharp on performance.

I've got pleanty of Ram, but a terrible, terrible graphics card...

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Wait, late Romans against ZOMBIES??? Genius!

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: update 9/16 IB2 Successes by midnite

I have solved the problem with the missing textures.
    Behold in all their glory

Last edited by midnite; September 16, 2008 at 01:13 AM.

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle_Bombs View Post
    An interesting thought.....

The models certainly fit well into the new engine. Are you going to update them at all, or will you leave them as they are. Personally, the low poly count would be good news for me, as my PC isn't particularly sharp on performance.

I've got pleanty of Ram, but a terrible, terrible graphics card...
    Ramon is re-doing the skins so the units can take full advantage of the MTWII engine's enhanced performance. Graphic cards are not too expensive anymore. I use an old 6600 video card. Works great. They run for about 30.00 US now. It will probably be a worthwile expenditure for this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by midnite
    ...Graphic cards are not too expensive anymore. I use an old 6600 video card. Works great. They run for about 30.00 US now. It will probably be a worthwile expenditure for this mod.
    Be warned, I have used a 6600GT for the last three years, but although it does run M2TW, it can't cope with siege battles in large towns/castles (goes down to 1 frame every 2 seconds).

The reason for this is graphics memory, my 6600GT has 128MB, but you need at least 256MB to run M2TW properly. I also had problems with the TIC mod (which uses large textures) until I turned the settings way down.
    imb39 ...is my daddy!

Support the MAARC!

Quote Originally Posted by SeniorBatavianHorse View Post
    Wait, late Romans against ZOMBIES??? Genius!
    Joking aside, you could easily make that into a good horror film. I'd certainly watch it. A bit like those WWII horror films.

Quote Originally Posted by midnite View Post
    Ramon is re-doing the skins so the units can take full advantage of the MTWII engine's enhanced performance. Graphic cards are not too expensive anymore. I use an old 6600 video card. Works great. They run for about 30.00 US now. It will probably be a worthwile expenditure for this mod.
    Well I've got the peculiar combination of 2GB of RAM and an on-board graphics card . So I can run M2TW with incredbly fast loading screens and stuff, but the battles are quite laggy.

Anyway I've got £45 to burn on a new graphics card, so this ought to be remedied soon enough.

If I could download a zombie skin mod (err, or something) to allow zombies to assault a late Roman castellum I would write an AAR within a heartbeat. Zombies being my second love after Romans - I'm seeing zombies overrunning a basilica or forum and a few scattered units of infantry holding up - dawn of the antique dead-style!

...Zombies being my second love after Romans - I'm seeing zombies overrunning a basilica or forum...
    Um, regarding your medication, can I suggest you increase the dosage?

In the mean-time this Zombie thread will satisfy your unnatural urges. Pay particular attention to the YouTube clip in Post #5 - it definitely tickled my funny-bone.

Dear midnite, please put the IB2 sweatshop onto a war-footing. I think one of those charming US Marines marching songs might help with productivity, maybe...

"If I don't finish eye-bee-two"
    "There'll not be e-nuff left to sue"
    imb39 ...is my daddy!

Support the MAARC!

Medication? What medication? Those pills are just harmless sugary things, right? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Juvenal View Post
    Um, regarding your medication, can I suggest you increase the dosage?

Medication? What medication? Those pills are just harmless sugary things, right? Right?
    Gee! you really need to increase the dosage of those 'sugary' things!

kaikayne's Avatar Libertus

U kno if ur having trouble skinning, u could use some of the Brittania campaign's skins for barbarian factions, units like ostmen, gwent raiders, deisi javelins, gaelic archers, highlanders, and highland nobles could very easily pass for migration period warriors...plus they're easy to remodel... Also Lithuania's samogitian axemen, sudovian tribesmen, and Dievas Guard would fit in nicely with the era...maybe russia's boyar sons, and cossack cavalry for the Alans and Sarmatians (though they might need some remodeling)...im suggesting this cuz the RTW skins don't seem to fit very well with M2TW engine...anyway just a suggestion, whatever u go wit is fine wit me...

Best of Luck with this amazing mod

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kaikayne View Post
    U kno if ur having trouble skinning, u could use some of the Brittania campaign's skins for barbarian factions, units like ostmen, gwent raiders, deisi javelins, gaelic archers, highlanders, and highland nobles could very easily pass for migration period warriors...plus they're easy to remodel... Also Lithuania's samogitian axemen, sudovian tribesmen, and Dievas Guard would fit in nicely with the era...maybe russia's boyar sons, and cossack cavalry for the Alans and Sarmatians (though they might need some remodeling)...im suggesting this cuz the RTW skins don't seem to fit very well with M2TW engine...anyway just a suggestion, whatever u go wit is fine wit me...

Best of Luck with this amazing mod
    Actually I am just in the learning mode. Ramon is the modeler/skinner. What you see on this thread are simply the base units from IBRR converted to work on the MTWII engine. They are only base units. They don't use the enhanced graphic capabilities of MTWII. Ramon is re-skinning as I write, I believe. :hmmm:

invisible soldiers!?!?!?!?