Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Preview 7 - Screenshots

Default Re: Preview 7 - Screenshots

Nice one!
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Håb

A picture from a small piece I included in my Europa Universalis AAR.
    The rest can be found here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...&postcount=269
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

great pic

and after a while a new one

And Royalist pike (wide pic)

And Guns of democracy(wide pic)

any comments?

Love them both! Especially the first picture, they look like proud men.
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

Gwyn ap Nud's Avatar Ducenarius

You stole my title, meanie

Cogito Ergo Vicco

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn ap Nud View Post
    You stole my title, meanie
    u are right your tittle was really good

The Noble Lord's Avatar Holy Arab Nation

Beautiful screenies. Just beautiful. Good work.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!
    Under the proud patronage of the magnificent Tzar

Gwyn ap Nud's Avatar Ducenarius

Awesome shots though.

I had the sequel's to my Guns of Democracy pics, but the computer ate the files...

Cogito Ergo Vicco

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

my god this mod looks nice.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Nice pics, gents. Shows the mod off very well.

Defending a bridge in the dark. A very confusing affair.

Impressive, might just give this one a go. Much potential, although if melee works with ETR, then that seems like the logical place for this project to eventually go. The 17th century was such an amazing time - the best century IMO. Great leaps and bounds for science, mathematics, the arts, music, politically interesting (with colonialism getting started, etc) and so forth. Although a very tumultous century for Britain, make no mistake. I used to sympathise more with the Parliamentarians, now I think I would have (reluctantly) supported the Royalists.

Colonel Cromwell's troop late for Edgehill (one for the purists)

Nice one Mr Fluffy. I miss those boys.

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

My unit detail and certain graphics options are set to low by default and changing it makes no difference.

Hi Imperiumiv,
    Have you tried altering settings in your FKOC config file? Please make a backup first if you try this.

Summer 1640. As Fairfax - having secured Leeds - lays seige to a poorly garrisoned York, and Waller - having reinforced the west, now shuttles back and forth between Taunton and Gloucester, Essex has cautiously advanced westwards, taking Farnham at negligable cost to his precious army. Cromwell, for his part, is frustrated in finding a safe crossing point for his army and is reduced to patrolling Cambridgeshire, much to his annoyance.

Moving as fast as his artillery train will allow, Essex dithers about taking Winchester or swinging north to secure the bridge on the Oxford road, thereby cutting Winchester off. Aware of the large Royalist armies around Oxford,and the mischeif they could cause should they cross the river, Essex finally decides not to risk an assault on Winchester and heads north...straight into an army led by the king himself marching south. The good news for Essex is that Haselrig's sizeable cavalry force has been reconnoitering Oxford and is now at the rear of Charles' army. The numbers are on Essex's side...but surely the King will have his best troops with him - professional, experienced men.

After much soul-searching, Essex decides to advance upon the King's army. Positioning his force at the top of a ridge, with his artillery massed slightly to the right of his centre, he waits for the Royalist advance (and Heselrig's arrival). The Royalists do no disappoint and duly come on with the cavaly leading the advance. The Parliamentarian line holds - despite heavy losses to the unfortunate companies detailed to protect the guns. More cavalry charge towards Essex's center. It's now looking desperate. The last reserves of pike are thrown in, anxiously advancing towards the mass of horses galloping towards them.

With a mighty sense of relief Essex realises that the horsemen are Haselrig's troops - their bloodlust rising as they hack their way through the Royalists. HIs spirits raised, Essex orders a general advance and begins to roll the King's army back down the hill. As the rot sets in, and the Royalist begin to flee, Haselrig's men chase them down and slaughter them, showing little mercy. The Royalist army is anihilated.

Bizarrely, Charles retreats south. Having set out to relieve the town with over 1,000 men, he enters Winchester with just 34...cut off, outnumbered and surrounded by Parlaimentarian forces who have the heady smell of victory in their nostrils...

Is this the end of the House of Stuart?

Cao Cao's Avatar Foederatus

Icon6 Re: Preview 7 - Screenshots

Well, you've sealed the deal. I am now downloading.

Quote Originally Posted by Cao Cao View Post
    Well, you've sealed the deal. I am now downloading.
    Great. Just make sure you come back and post screenshots!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast