Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Preview 7 - Screenshots

Default Re: Preview 7 - Screenshots

If they have swords, why are they wacking people with they're guns?
    The simple answer is: It's what they did.

A sharpened musket stock, often with a metal edge, was a fearsome weapon and superior in many ways to the cheap and nasty munitions quality sword that was more often used to chop wood and perform other domestic tasks.

Cheers
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

and this one

wow... I wonder how comes I haven't heard from this mod before, this looks awesome

Gwyn ap Nud's Avatar Ducenarius

i like that last one.

Cogito Ergo Vicco

an improved version

Quote Originally Posted by Giovi View Post
    an improved version

Last edited by Giovi; December 01, 2008 at 04:03 PM.

Congrats on the win, I voted for you again!
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

April, 1645. Marmaduke Rawdon's assault has taken the Parliamentarians by surprise, preventing the armies of Gloucester and Bristol from combining,
    catching Parliament forces besieging Oxford by surprise and forcing a general retreat. He next heads with almost half of his army to the town of Reading, in an attempt to split Parliamentary lands in two.

The Parliamentarians realise the importance of this battle. Losing reading would effectively split their territories in two, and leave London open to
    an attack from the West. Most of the Parliamentarian armies have been deployed north of London, anticipating a possible attack from the other Royalist force that sacked Northampton. In addition, the soldiers at Farnham castle have stopped responding to orders. Sir William Waller, commander of the garrison at Reading, prepares to defend the town with the forces he has.

Reinforcements were sent from Bristol, but were intercepted outside Winchester and routed. The Parliamentarians decide to strike at Reading before relieving forces can arrive. Rawdon takes command of the besieging force and orders the attack.

For the parliamentarians, Sir William Waller readies his defences. His forces are outnumbered, but he does have a significant cavalry contingency of lifeguards
    and troopers, and many cannons. He will have to use unconventional tactics, however, to make use of them in a city defence scenario.

The battle begins with heavy bombardment from Rawdon's artillery, targeting the walls where Parliamentarian troops have taken up positions. The soldiers take cover, but parliament artillery soon begins firing back as soon as gaps in the walls appear.

After each sides artillery trades blows, Rawdon finds himself outgunned and orders an attack on the town. Parliamentarian troops quickly rush back to their fortifications, and pikemen take up their positions.

Rawdon engages the defenders in a shootout whilst bringing up a ram to knock the town gate down. As the gate is being rammed, soldiers on both sides continue to exchange gunfire, the battle even between the defenders cover and the attackers power.

The gate falls and Rawdon gives the order to attack. Royalist troops begin to storm the town, pouring in through the gaps created by their artillery.

Royalist cavaliers initially make light work of the defenders, putting the Parliamentarian musketeers to the sword.

In addition, Royalist pikemen manage to force their way through the gates.

However, around the gatehouse Royalist troops encounter difficulties, the cavaliers struggling to maneouvre around pikemen and soldiers firing from the walls.

Seeing a critical moment in the battle, Waller orders his reserves into the fray, taking to the front with his force of lifeguards and cavalry troopers.

The course of battle changes, with the cavalry attack hitting the ill-formed Royalist pikemen hard. The dwindling Royalist cavaliers are unable to cope with the attack and Royalist troops retreat.

However, the Parliamentarian cavalry pursues them outside the walls, denying them the opportunity to regroup. The Royalist reserve force is unable to halt the cavalry advance.

After putting up limited resistance, Rawdon and his lifeguards flee the field, abandoning their camp to the enemy forces.

Eventually the Royalists are driven from the field, and the remaining troops are shot fleeing the town.

Senator Lucius Artorius Cato (34)

Werner von Urslingen's Avatar Civis

Just want to post those screenshots, I took at various nice battles:

A bloody melee in the streets of Oxford:

The army of the covenant, from the perspective of a mortar ball:

The rebel army advance on "little round top":

But my men made a stand against them:

Some peasents trying a sally (guess what happens next ):

Last edited by Werner von Urslingen; October 09, 2008 at 10:58 AM.

and my 1st night attempt with this mod(wide pic scroll to the whole image)

and if want to vote for me for potw this is the link http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=197512

and these one(wide pics)

Last edited by Giovi; October 10, 2008 at 03:43 PM.

I really like these night shots!

Indefinitely Banned

Absolutely gorgeous.

ty

Last edited by Giovi; December 01, 2008 at 04:05 PM.

Opifex

Err, are nights really that dark in-game??

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

I like it that dark, it's more realistic!

Cogito Ergo Vicco

Night settings haven't been changed from vanilla.

Anyways, a pic. I plan on doing another for the Royalists, and one for the covenants.

Cogito Ergo Vicco

wow awesome pic+rep for u

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast