Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TE 5.0 + 5.1 Download Information

Default Re: TE 5.0 + 5.1 Download Information

Quote Originally Posted by Henry of Grosmont View Post
    @Candelarius
    I don't like having lots of things on my desktop. After installing TE, I'll run the RTW.exe directly form the TE folder.
    You can`t do that for the modfoldered mods though. Those need to be started via the desktop shortcut or you`ll get the vanilla game.

Henry of Grosmont's Avatar Clockwork Angel

Quote Originally Posted by florin80 View Post
    You can`t do that for the modfoldered mods though. Those need to be started via the desktop shortcut or you`ll get the vanilla game.
    Oh, crap. What, should I make another shortcut and change the path in the properties?

Just create a new short cut that points to the TE folder's exe file. Works for me.

No, I meant the the mods that are modfoldered(the pre gold TE is not afaik) need the target of the shortcut to contain the command -mod: followed by the name of the sub-folder in which the mod is located. Starting the game via an unedited shortcut or directly via the executable launches the vanilla game. How did you think the executable knows which mod to launch if they`re all installed in the same game folder? Having more than one mod installed in the same game folder is the whole idea of modfoldering mods.
    Last edited by florin80; July 23, 2009 at 05:38 PM.

All right.
    Copied the whole RTW folder and renamed it to Terrae Expugnandae.
    Installed TE into that folder.
    Patched it to 5.1.
    Installed TECAM.
    Made I shortcut to the Desktop (RTW.exe).
    In "Preferences" (target line) inserted the "-mod:" before the destination.
    This is what I get:

Any help?

you MUST leave it as it was before and add " -mod:terrae_expugnandae" after RomeTW.exe
    Click on my sig and check out my modelling works! Your opinion is welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Conqistador View Post
    you MUST leave it as it was before and add " -mod:terrae_expugnandae" after RomeTW.exe
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Henry of Grosmont; August 01, 2009 at 01:15 PM.

solvo's link are broken .. can you get those up too??? XD

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

You have to go to Archaon for this,he is not sure if he has the files still? Not sure if Candelarius has them either? I know some russian and italian sites,perhaps there??? I will try to look.

Hey folks. Candelarius pointed me in the direction of TE, so I'm looking around...I'm a little confused. Where do I start? It's a n00b question, I apologize, just trying to get my bearings with Lusted's mod is all.

Quote Originally Posted by fierywokbar View Post
    Hey folks. Candelarius pointed me in the direction of TE, so I'm looking around...I'm a little confused. Where do I start? It's a n00b question, I apologize, just trying to get my bearings with Lusted's mod is all.
    OK Bro sorry confusion,new links here with Mod for it improved via Candelarius. You can have TECAM as in link or TE Gold as in threads. TECAM uses TE vs5 and Gold is vs7(Beta). Mod owner Jack Lusted works for CA now,that is why he is absent.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=99497

Thanks again, I'll give 5.0, the 5.1 patch, and TECAM a try then. If I have any problems I'll come back. I'm going to make a copy of my RTW folder to be safe. One more thing. I have the bug fixer patch/mod installed, will that be a problem for TE 5.0, or TECAM?

Oh bug fixer,I forgot that. BugFixer 3.36 by Andrej Damjanovic (also known as player1) changes BI(models&text) and RTW vanilla(text mainly),it is not needed for TE as it uses an updated traits&ancilliary system. Individual problems like Spainish priests have to be manually done and other mixed up Traits in TE not fixed. I have to manually use data in bug fixer and add to updated system in TE as patch. Current repairs looked at are in Bug reports(TE gold but can apply to TECAM also):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=5793714#post5793714

I have to update with the BugFixer repairs also-they are listed under "Imperial campaign" in the read_me.txt

If you already have installed BugFixer for RTW,the TE 5 files will override them and TE 7 one,will be mod foldered using its own files so no effect.

Last edited by Kylan271; August 26, 2009 at 01:32 AM.

Ok, I won't worry about it then. I made a copy of my original RTW folder so it's all good.

I had a problem running 5.0 when it finally downloaded. "Invalid file data" or something of the like. Any tips?

Did you install to Activison or Creative Assembly/Rome...? As my RTW Gold is for Creative Assembly,but default installs go to Activision folders...??? Where did you download from??? Can you do screenie of the error???? I do not know if download fault or install fault???

Right, sorry for freaking you out, the problem occurred while I was trying to install, so I did not even get to the point of getting TE 5.0 into the creative assembly folder.

When I try and run the installer it simply says "This file contains invalid data."

I'll delete it and try downloading it again. I got the link from the TECAM thread here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=99497

OK I checked the links for TE 5 and patch and they are OK. Check your file size: 25.07 MB for patch and 142.36 MB for TE 5. I have wireless internet(which sucks!)and my internet cuts out at times during long downloads,so have corrupted files-not complete on some Mods I grab,so have to be careful if internet stops during d/l. I am on 25-30kb/s very slowwwwwwwwwwwww.

Hakomar's Avatar Ordinarius

The file you are attempting to download is not currently available on our servers or is being processed. Please try your download in a few minutes.

That is my error.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakomar View Post
    The file you are attempting to download is not currently available on our servers or is being processed. Please try your download in a few minutes.

That is my error.
    Oh Bro,not sure whats up,but here OK: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=99497 I tried filefront and works fine today.

Hey is this modfoldered It sounds cool but i cant play it if it isnt mod foldered.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast