Thread: Finally got a passport :)

Default Finally got a passport :)

I know a lot of you are seasoned international travelers, but I've not been outside NA yet and getting that bad boy in the mail was an incredible mood boost. I can go places now!

It took exactly a week to arrive from the day I applied, too. I was expecting at least a month, if not more... I'd heard bad things about getting US passports.

Just wanted to share, and maybe others can share the feeling they got after their passport arrived.
    Last edited by zznɟ ǝɥʇ; September 12, 2008 at 03:47 PM.

Romanos IV's Avatar The 120th Article, § 4
    the hell outta here (Athens, European Client State of Greece)

Default Re: Finally got a passport :)

Under the noble patronage of Jimkatalanos

Cúchulainn's Avatar 我不是老外,我是野蛮人

Quote Originally Posted by zznɟ ǝɥʇ View Post
    It took exactly a week to arrive from the day I applied, too. I was expecting at least a month, if not more.
    Well they haven't issued many to your countrymen in the past.

So it's not like there is a waiting list.

Just wanted to share, and maybe others can share the feeling they got after their passport arrived.
    It's a good feeling to know you can go anywhere.

Until you realise you can't.

You can't go cause you realise you pay through the nose for it.

Can't go to most of the middle east if you stop in Israel and vice versa.

You can't go to Australia, cause once your there you can't get back, another flight like that will kill you.

And with all the liquidation that's going on, there is no certainty that you will be getting home at all regardless of where you go.
    First Child of Noble
    I've had my fun and that's all that matters
    Je Combats L'universelle Araignée

I hate you sometimes >:|

Yorkshireman's Avatar Praefectus

I did'nt have to apply for my first passport, I was in the armed forces so they got it for us. It was a large and Royal blue in colour, embossed with gold lettering and royal crest, stating proudly at the top "British Passport".

Now I've got this poxy little red thing, that looks like a post office savings book, and at the top in crappy, little letters it say's "European Union" Boo.

Indefinitely Banned

Congrats. Any plans? Maybe a little Cuba?

Yorkshireman's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Miraj View Post
    This might sound like a stupid question, but can Americans visit Cuba? Or are you both Canadians?

Indefinitely Banned

Oh right.

No he's American and I don't think they can. My sis just got back from cuba so it was on my mind.

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

I know a lot of you are seasoned international travelers, but I've not been outside NA yet and getting that bad boy in the mail was an incredible mood boost. I can go places now!

It took exactly a week to arrive from the day I applied, too. I was expecting at least a month, if not more... I'd heard bad things about getting US passports.

Congrats man. Now fill that er up. The only souvenir you should bring back is syphillis.

Tibet & SW China

3 week school trip if I can pull off some decent grades.

Am trying to hold off making a topic on that area until I actually get good grades, but I am really pumped for the trip. It's for a geology class, so everything we do relates to the natural world. I ing love nature.

SO PUMPED

Lord Anubis's Avatar Senator

My dad was supposed to get a passport today but it was delivered to the wrong house which means his identity is basically stolen because it wasn't returned.
    Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    I want to read Akar´s LOTR synopsis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    A wizard and a bloodshot floating eye attempt to begin an age of industry and progress and to rescue the oppressed minority of the goblins/orcs/trolls from the racist human/elf alliance.

Oh right.

No he's American and I don't think they can. My sis just got back from cuba so it was on my mind.
    My cousin visited Cuba and now he stuides in America, now probs so far.

All my grand-parents were commies as well, lol.

vizi's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Americans cannot go to Cuba if I recall. Something to do with this insane embargo we have on the nation. But for some reason Cubans are allowed to go to Miami. I call shenanigans!

And Fuzz it is a great feeling to have a passport. Once I got mine I was so excited. I can now leave the country, errr, the continent!

Darkragnar's Avatar Member of Ordo Malleus

time to wait for visas's now , a lone passport not many places u can go to
    Member of the House of Marenostrum
    They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say ****, it's raining!

When I've traveled (to several European Countries, all in the EU I guess) only one country even required a visa, and their idea of a visa was a stamp they put in my passport at the airport. This was all back in like 2000 though. I am still overjoyed to have a valid passport though - it's like the uber-ID. I lost my drivers' license, but no matter where I go they don't even begin to question the passport. I was actually surprised.

Darkragnar's Avatar Member of Ordo Malleus

orly ? i guess an american passport holds more water then.
    Member of the House of Marenostrum
    They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say ****, it's raining!

Congrats! Now all you need is a Nexus card and your good to go.

Lord Consul's Avatar Armchair intellectual

Cheer up, guys. At least your passports are not vomit green and immigration officers don't sneer at your faces after reading it.
    Proud Client of Obi Wan Asterix

Quote Originally Posted by vizigothe View Post
    Americans cannot go to Cuba if I recall. Something to do with this insane embargo we have on the nation. But for some reason Cubans are allowed to go to Miami. I call shenanigans!

And Fuzz it is a great feeling to have a passport. Once I got mine I was so excited. I can now leave the country, errr, the continent!
    Think the rules state they can visit but are not allowed to spend money in cuba making a trip there near impossible, you can however get around it by having a non us citizen pay for anything as long as you don't "reimburse" them, offering a "gift" of equal value though would probably be a loop hole lol.