Thread: Trade Routes

Default Trade Routes

Why do trade routes go to your other settlements when you have trade agreements with other factions. For example, Palermo trades with Napuli when I have agreements with everyone else? Alexandria trades with the castle, can't remember what it is called. Is that by design? Why doesn't it open another route with another faction?

Default Re: Trade Routes

Pay close attention to the building browser. You won't get trade fleets until you construct buildings that give the actual trade fleets.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag

Default Re: Trade Routes - Clarification

I built market rights and then ports for trade fleets, and they trade with my own ports. Sorry, should have been more specific.

Civitate

Merchant's Wharfs are required for sea trade routes.
    Under the patronage of Rhah and brother of eventhorizen.

Thank you.

Spartan90's Avatar Campidoctor

Take into account that even though you have trade rights with other factions, you still might make more money trading within your own settlements. This happens more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan90 View Post
    Take into account that even though you have trade rights with other factions, you still might make more money trading within your own settlements. This happens more often than not.
    This is true, you will find trade bonus' come with many buildings.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag

Grimmy's Avatar Ordinarius

If I understand the process correctly, when you have trade being exchanged between two of your own cities, you get profit at both ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Merchant's Wharfs are required for sea trade routes.
    Its weird, but i get new trade routes by building the docks, not the warehouses. Is it just me?

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

No, it's correct. The engine has some hardcodes in this relation.
    Ports offer viewable seatrade-routes no matter what you actually code, if there are trade-resources in the concerned regions. I'm still not sure if they are cash-effective without the actual seatrade-code in the tech-tree.

Still i hadn't the time to investigate the matter in detail, and i must admit it is too long ago as i did the Chivalry II/SV tech-tree, and since these days i work on RTW based mods again, Chivalry I in the first place, and it might be that the RTW and the MIITW engine handles these code-relations differently.

SV himself will certainly take over the question in this item for Chivalry II (and he already did some changes latest since 3.2 for the trade/economy model).
    Last edited by DaVinci; December 25, 2008 at 06:54 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Seems like I learn something new er day.