Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What if Russia invaded Ukraine?

Default Re: What if Russia invaded Ukraine?

Quote Originally Posted by Xan View Post
    That is simply not true the invasion of Iraq caused much more protests in Europe then the Russian invasion of Georgia.
    Yes, but some people, despite supporting war in Iraq harshily criticise Russia for pushing away georgians from a de facto independent region. I wonder what would happen if there were US peacekeepers and Saakashvili would kill them.

Philos Sophos's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Pivra View Post
    see? you dont even care about other people then why should we care about u? people dont care about people who only care about themselves.
    Lol...I should sell my freedom for you to live in peace?If let's say,someone would invade your country,you would just let them peacefully occupy your country because I could live in peace then?...dream on...dream on...

O Sancta Simplicitas!

Depends on if the invader is better at running the country than the current leadership. I for one would not defend the nation i live in just because it is "my nation" it all comes down to who is the better leadership and treatment of the people.

S.P.Q.R. Praetorian's Avatar Vicarius

Russia would get its ass kicked. The Ukraine may have a much smaller army but it is much more professional. Plus Poland and Belarus might turn on the Russians as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier of God View Post
    Lol...I should sell my freedom for you to live in peace?If let's say,someone would invade your country,you would just let them peacefully occupy your country because I could live in peace then?...dream on...dream on...

thats very selfish of you, if the West retaliates Russia then many people outside Eastern Europe will die.... but if they dont... you guys might... or might not die... my money is on the second one, why would russians kill people? what would be their motivation? what you just said was totally selfish.

Sidmen's Avatar Mangod of Earth

Right now, if Russia attacked the Ukraine, I wouldn't support anything...

If the Ukraine was actually part of the EU or NATO - then by definition, we must respond.
    "For the humble doily is indeed the gateway to ULTIMATE COSMIC POWER!"

~Sidmen, Member of the House of Wilpuri, Patronized by pannonian

Trey's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by HailThor View Post
    Stalin, Lenin and otheres were as much Russian, as the were Estonian. Russia didn't want communism, there was a whole civil war, and it wasnt established by peace. Russia had as much to say, as Estonia had.
    Oh come on. You could say the same thing for the USA.

It's hard to tell the difference between you and Heath Ledger sometimes; a true joker.
    for-profit death machine.

Could a moderator please clean up this topic? It is filled with spam and off-topic.

This is about a single, very simple question:

How would you personally react if Russia invaded (parts of the) Ukraine? What should your country do in your opinion? Who would you support?

I believe this question is very simple and straightforward. If you have no answer to it, then leave this topic and don't spam it. If you find the question stupid, I dont care but get the out of here.
    If you want to discuss something else, make your own topic.

Thank you very much.

And btw, it is highly ironical how NONE of the Russian fanboys has posted his views on a possible invasion of Ukraine by Russia so far.

AND I DONT GIVE A CRAP IF ITS UNLIKELY, IF YOU DONT LIKE THE TOPIC THEN GET. OUT.
    Curious Curialist curing the Curia of all things Curial.

Oh well then,back to the topic.If Russia would invade Ukraine I would be very worried.The EU wouldnt do nothing,just say Russia is bad...but it would be a long fight for the Russkis...a fight that they would regret.It would be the same as in Georgia,The EU and NATO would do nothing...absolutely nothing because Ukraine isn't in NATO.

O Sancta Simplicitas!

Yes, I agree. Right now everyone claims, "Russia wont do it, never!!". Or: "Russia would be going too far, we'd fight them off!" etc. But I'm pretty sure if it actually happened, nothing would happen.

Future quotes my European pussie.. errr politicians:

"We am deeply concerned"
    "We will investigate the incident"
    "We will try to solve the problem with our Russian friends"
    "We dont want the situation to escalate"
    "I'm sure it will all work out without anymore conflict"
    "Russia is not our enemy - we must keep good relations to it"

Future quotes by Russian fanboys and supporters of the country no matter what:

"Crimea has always been part of Russia."
    "The majority is Russian and has Russian passports, if they want to be Russian, let them be"
    "The Ukrainen president is a fascist dictator and a puppet of the west who opresses poor Russian minority"
    "We must aid our brothers in Ukraine"
    "We must stop US imperialism"
    "The president doesnt listen to his people thus he must be stopped"
    "Russia had to act before the US put nuclear bombs in Ukraine on Russia's border"
    "Russia cannot allow the US occupying the Crimea and kicking Russia out of the Black Sea"

Etc blabla. It is all sooo predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by SuNL1ghT View Post
    Yes, I agree. Right now everyone claims, "Russia wont do it, never!!". Or: "Russia would be going too far, we'd fight them off!" etc. But I'm pretty sure if it actually happened, nothing would happen.

Future quotes my European pussie.. errr politicians:

"We am deeply concerned"
    "We will investigate the incident"
    "We will try to solve the problem with our Russian friends"
    "We dont want the situation to escalate"
    "I'm sure it will all work out without anymore conflict"
    "Russia is not our enemy - we must keep good relations to it"

"Crimea has always been part of Russia."
    "The majority is Russian and has Russian passports, if they want to be Russian, let them be"
    "The Ukrainen president is a fascist dictator and a puppet of the west who opresses poor Russian minority"
    "We must aid our brothers in Ukraine"
    "We must stop US imperialism"
    "The president doesnt listen to his people thus he must be stopped"
    "Russia had to act before the US put nuclear bombs in Ukraine on Russia's border"
    "Russia cannot allow the US occupying the Crimea and kicking Russia out of the Black Sea"

Etc blabla. It is all sooo predictable.
    Yup,that's it...The western politicians think they can solve the problem diplomatically...didn't they learned by the mistakes of the League of Nations?The Russians aren't peaceful.Heck,they won't even sign the friggin arms agreement because the Baltic States aren't in it.Like wtf,why the heck should we be in it,we cannot even afford tanks.

The Western Europe has power but not balls,the Eastern Europe has balls but no power.

O Sancta Simplicitas!

And the US has the balls and the power but is fully occupied in Iraq and Afgh.

Actually they could still afford getting more involved - but it seems their govt doesnt want to get involved now when it is important...

Deeply concerned. The issue with Crimea must be solved politically, not militarily.

P.S. the Ukraine would disintegrate. No-one's in the mood for a civil war.

Inventing useless BS sunlight? Really, the chances of Russia invading Ukraine is the same for Luxembourg invading Belgium.

Estonia has been in Russian control for nearly 300 years. They were independent for 20 years, and then got back to Russia.

PS. The Estonians had just as much freedom as the other parts of the Soviet Union..
    Last edited by Nikitn; September 12, 2008 at 09:09 AM.

Nikos's Avatar VENGEANCE BURNS

Quote Originally Posted by karo View Post
    yes or could it be that you are wrong and Russia doesn't want to attack Ukraine lol
    Or could it be that I'm right because Russia has already done something like this!
    Learn about Byzantium! http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Toward-Warfare
    Civitate
    ,Ex Content Writer,Ex Curator, Ex Moderator

Proud patron of Jean=A=Luc
    In Patronicum sub Celsius

Yup,that's it...The western politicians think they can solve the problem diplomatically...didn't they learned by the mistakes of the League of Nations?The Russians aren't peaceful.Heck,they won't even sign the friggin arms agreement because the Baltic States aren't in it.Like wtf,why the heck should we be in it,we cannot even afford tanks.

The Western Europe has power but not balls,the Eastern Europe has balls but no power.
    Eastern Europe isn't worth going to war with russia and yes they are pretty cowardly but if Russia would really threaten the west it would be different.
    These fine gentlemen's have thanks to their consistent idiotic posts have earned their place on my ignore list: mrmouth, The Illusionist, motiv-8, mongrel, azoth, thorn777 and elfdude. If you want to join their honourable rank you just have to post idiotic posts and you will get there in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikitn View Post
    Inventing useless BS sunlight? Really, the chances of Russia invading Ukraine is the same for Luxembourg invading Belgium.

Estonia has been in Russian control for nearly 300 years. They were independent for 20 years, and then got back to Russia.

PS. The Estonians had just as much freedom as the other parts of the Soviet Union..
    Stop. spamming.

Answer the question at hand and elaborate your view on it. If you just think "lulz its stupid n unlikely" then get the out of here.

Stop. spamming.

Answer the question at hand and elaborate your view on it. If you just think "lulz its stupid n unlikely" then get the out of here.
    It depends.

If Russia had a good and legitimate reason (like, let's say, ethnic Russians getting sent to concentration camps), then of course. If it's just a random attack, of course not..

But I doubt the west will start a war over Ukraine. Fighting Russia in a full scale war simply isn't an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikitn View Post
    It depends.

If Russia had a good and legitimate reason (like, let's say, ethnic Russians getting sent to concentration camps), then of course. If it's just a random attack, of course not..

But I doubt the west will start a war over Ukraine. Fighting Russia in a full scale war simply isn't an option.
    Woot! An actual debate! On-topic, too!

A few questions:

1) what is a good, logical reason to you? Things like the Ukraine suddenly deciding to put people into gas chambers will of course not happen, but what other things could you imagine?

2) You say fighting Russia is not an option? So what should the West do in your opinion if Russia *theoretically* kept terrorizing its neighbours, invading etc?

Their Law's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Assuming Russia does invade the Ukraine (which i think is highly unlikely but that is not the topic) the reaction of the rest of Europe would depend upon the nature of the conflict. For example if Russia invaded Ukraine blatantly saying it wants to form a Russian empire then the reaction by the EU and all of Europe would be hostile imo.

But hypothetically if Russia was responding to a terrorist incident (and i am not trying to change topic here) or outwards aggression that may of originated in the Ukraine (highly unlikely once again) then Europe and America may have to take a long hard look at there own policies before criticizing Russia.

Therefore i think what i would do if Russia invaded the Ukraine would depend entirely upon the context of the conflict. Because conflicts are never as clear cut as people make out them to be (South Ossetia sp incident springs to mind here).

Off topic: why is there so much hated of western Europe in this thread, I'm British and i fully support the EU and consider Eastern Europe important so i don't know were this "West doesn't care attitude comes from".
    Last edited by Their Law; September 12, 2008 at 11:27 AM.
    "You have a decent ear for notes
    but you can't yet appreciate harmony."