Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Europe v USA

Imperator Romani's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Europe v USA

I overheard an interesting conversation today. It's topic was what would happen should the US and Europe(given that Europe was united) go to war. One man thought that Europe would win, while the other thought that there would be no winner in such a war. I just thought I'd share this topic with you, as for the variety of opinions and the quality of the minds. As I only know the generalization of this topic and couldn't hope to give an accurate opinion and then hope to defend it, I'll just follow your thoughts.

Default Re: Europe v USA

simplemind07's Avatar Tiro

more like
    Love is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only YOU can feel the warmth.
    WE have no limit. Saying so is just a pathetic excuse of giving up!

a stalemate for sure!
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

Big War Bird's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

In what fantasy scenario does the US and Europe (all of Europe, the EU, Western Europe????) come to blows?
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

And how much time do we allow for militarization?
    In an instant war, the EU has no chance except maybe in a defensive war. We lack carriers, a unified command structure and so on.
    But given enough time to develop an EU-wide military? Well, we've got the tech, the industrial base and larger population numbers, so that'd be something entirely different

Brewskii's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Manco View Post
    And how much time do we allow for militarization?
    In an instant war, the EU has no chance except maybe in a defensive war. We lack carriers, a unified command structure and so on.
    But given enough time to develop an EU-wide military? Well, we've got the tech, the industrial base and larger population numbers, so that'd be something entirely different
    America also has everything you just listed

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Nothing, just wanted to see if you'd open it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewskii View Post
    America also has everything you just listed
    Yes, which is exactly my point.
    Tech and industry wise, we're near equal. Population wise we've got you almost doubled though, 310 million versus 500 million.

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

It would boil down to Nuclear W#ar. If not a nuclear war a big stalmate. Europe may have a bigger population than the U.S but right now they are not prepared for a war. U.S would strike quickly before EU is ready to respond.

Yeah, but the EU isn't ready for war, because there's no credible threat of war. If the US was ever contemplating of invading the EU, that would be the result of years of soured relationships, and hence the EU would militarise.

Say that if there was a declaration of war and there was a 5 year preparation, would the outcome still be a stalemate, or would one be able to use this time to gain the advantage? And again this is just a what if question.

USA still could not just fart out army massive enough to take on Europe.

This time would mean time for Europe to call up the reserves. Finland could drag in 250 000 - 350 000 people. Bundeswehr many times that.
    France still has capability of recalling previously trained reservists.

Only hope for victory, nuclear war would leave no winners as both parties have those, would be for USA to pull fast invasion and occupation.

Sheer size means it could not be pulled off before Europe has mobilised it's reserves, which means invasion becomes impossible.

Resulting in long war where there is little action outside seas unless USA and Europe start waging wars on South America/Africa.

USA has initial advantage in navy, but Europe has everything required to counter it eventually.

Sea transit would become quite a bit more exciting activity as both parties would invest in attempt to blockade each other and prevent trading. Though Europe has slight advantage at having land connections to Asia and easily blocked Mediterranean to Africa.
    USA has huge swath of land in North and South America in turn, but South America is underdeveloped area requiring lots of work to turn into useful trade partner.

Everyone is warhero, genius and millionaire in Internet, so don't be surprised that I'm not impressed.

Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

The US has a strategic nuclear weapons triad.

/war
    /another stupid US v Europe thread

A half century ago, one country, Germany was capable to put in difficulty the whole world. If militarism returns to Europe, with Germany, France and Great Britain as leaders, plus the rest of European countries acting as one, then Europe has a huge military potential. The only condition would be Europe unites around this concept of militarism, for now what unites Europeans are only peacefull goals, like common market, free society, freedom of movement, etc.

Plus rep Tiwaz

Sorry for the inconvenience Caelieus, thanks for the thought, just ignore the thread.

Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Why in god's name would you rep Tiwaz?

Nothing in that post was ever close to being called accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Caelius View Post
    Why in god's name would you rep Tiwaz?

Nothing in that post was ever close to being called accurate.
    Oh sorry... One moment...
    [Channeling Caelius]

USA IS SUPER! USA knows EVERYTHING!
    USA can do ANYTHING. USA is both omniscient and omnipotent!
    In such war, USA would in first 5 minutes destroy every military installation in Europe without losses!

No stupid Yurp could even figure out how to kill single US soldier.

USA RULLLZZ!!!!!oneoneoneoen
    [/Channeling Caelius]

My post was very much accurate on every point.

USA does not possess capability to launch conventional attack which could in any way put real danger on Europe.

Everyone is warhero, genius and millionaire in Internet, so don't be surprised that I'm not impressed.

Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Nah, that's not a very good impression.

Fits one of the resident Russophiles we have here more than anything else.

I'm more than willing to say that any hypothetical conflict between the US would be bloody and drawn out.

But the problem is that the whole scenario is both stupid and unrealistic, and little more than a flagrant opportunity for crazies like yourself to flock to the latest incarnation of a thread like this is spout all kinds of ridiculousness as seen in your post above.

Strelok's Avatar Civitate

Power? Probably USA.
    Standards of living? Europe.

Don't think there would be an actual winner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Nicholas View Post
    May I suggest ya'll get back on topic. Talk about Napoleon's ethnicity in another thread, this thread is about a leashed penis...
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone
    Life is routine, punctuated by excitement.

Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast