Thread: Alliances a bit too stable?

Libertus

Default Alliances a bit too stable?

I'm enjoying Kgc; my only observation is about alliances: they're always solid as a rock.
    Perhaps some random betraying from an ally could add some pepper...

Default Re: Alliances a bit too stable?

I dunno I have have plenty of backstabbings with my alliances while playing as the English, then again other times I have had solid relations and kept my alliances for long periods of time

The alliances issue you bring up have its roots in the Campaign AI (CAI) made by Lusted that is used in this mod. On one hand the AI acts brilliantly at times when planning attacks, but at other times seems too timid and trustworthy. Compared to the original CAI in vanilla, this is far more challenging, but I agree it is not perfect.

xeryx, who just came out with a new battle AI (BAI), which has gotten excellent reviews thus far, is also working on a new CAI that promises to be the most challenging yet developed. Until then, we are stuck with Lusted's CAI.

My suggestion to you is to consciously limit your choice of allies to a very small number. While allies wont betray you, neutrals are free to declare war, and often will when the moment is right for them. In my campaigns I have learned to only accept one or two very strategic allies who I then develop close relations with. If you are planning on possibly expanding into an "allies" territory in the future, don't even bother signing an alliance with them. Thats really all the advice I can give.

@pwf224

Hi, I been looking at the link dave left and reading about BAI/CAI, interesting stuff. Is this going to be intergrated into the next update anyway or at the moment is this in testing for KGCM.

Right now Dave and xeryx are working together to implement it into KCGM, but you'll have to wait for dave to respond for a definitive answer, as this is very much in the planning stages atm. There are alot of great new features to look forward too in the new release that has kept us all busy.

@pwf224

ok, thanks for that will look out for any news about the BAI/CAI. Do you have a date for the patch release and can you shed some light on the new features?

appreciate if not possible

Cheers

I hate when mod team members say this, but it will be ready when its ready. We are all dedicated into bringing you guys the best mod we possibly can, that includes perfect balance and eradicating all bugs. Please be patient, for it will definately pay off.

@brousell,

The forum has been a little quiet lately hasn't it, but I can assure you we are working hard to meet and even surpass the expectations of the fans. We are actually working on a submod, that also includes the latest improvements to KGCM. I cannot give you a release date yet but I would say we are probably looking at no more than two weeks. That is all I can tell you for now

Dave