View Poll Results: Which?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • For the Hegemony of the Balkans - by Legio Caesar

11 36.67%
  • The Pyrrhic Dynasty - by MarcusAureliusAntoninus

19 63.33%

Thread: II. RTW AAR of the Month Competition - Duel for the 2nd and 3rd places.

Default II. RTW AAR of the Month Competition - Duel for the 2nd and 3rd places.

The II. RTW MAARC poll shows 2 AARs with the same amount of votes in the 2nd place. Time for a noble duel!

The winner of this vote will grab the 2nd place, the runner-up will have the 3rd place. Vote for the one you like the most!

For the Hegemony of the Balkans

Mod- Extended Greek Mod 5.7
    Faction- Greek City-States
    Difficulty- Hard/Very Hard

Description- An XGM Greek Cities AAR following the exploits of Antigonos of Sparta and his bosom buddy Timoleon of Korinthos. Follow their hilarious adventures through Macedonian, Thracian, and eventually Roman territory in their quest for domination of the Balkans!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

After I had finished my sample I charged into the fray gloriously.
    Macedonian Olive Oil Seller: Five drachmae, please.
    Antigonos: No! It was a free sample!
    Olive Oil Seller: Fine then! Just wait until this battle is over! I will get my wife on you!
    Eunos: Phalangites! Where are you!
    Phalangites: Here, sir.
    Eunos: Why aren't you attacking?

Phalangites: We did not get the signal.
    Eunos: Now!
    Phalangites: That is not the signal.
    Eunos: I am the general here, and I command you!
    Phalangites: How do we know? The Greeks fit inside a horse once to betray the Trojans, why not inside a general?
    Eunos: Oh, very well. Mighty phalangites of Maedonia, attack!
    Phalangites: Why didn't you say so sooner?

I ordered my thureophoroi to shred the pikemen.
    Antigonos: Thureophoroi! Attack!
    Theurophroi: That isn't the signal.
    Antigonos: Ye gods, if I get through this and you do not attack I will disband you!
    Thureophoroi: Very well, but we get another coffee break later.

With my brave skirmishers killing the pikemen, his general soon began to lose the battle and his bodyguards began to fall.

Antigonos: I have you cornered against a wall! Surrender!
    Eunos: Actually, it is a garden fence.
    Antigonos: I have you cornered against it!
    Eunos: Quite a charming little garden fence really, and look at the hyacinth patch over there...
    Antigonos: I've had enough. THIS....IS...SPARTA!!!!!
    Phalangites: This is Pella, actually.
    Antigonos: I killed Eunos, so it' smy city now. I call it what I want.
    Greek Bodyguard: I thought you could only do that in BI?

The Pyrrhic Dynasty

Mod: EB
    Faction: Makedon
    Difficulty:VH/M

Description: This is a Mod that continues from MarcusAureliusAntonius's (MAA) Makedon AAR. At the end of his first AAR the Makedon's are clearly the world power. MAA roleplays this new AAR in the form of a civil war. It features large and epic battles and enlightens us as to the various family members that are vying for control of the empire.

Submitter's comments: This AAR goes beyond a normal AAR because the realism and roleplaying that the author does is splendid. In addition MAA has found a brilliant way to create a civil war! To give you an idea how populare this AAR is, his original AAR that spawned the one linked to here, has over 700 posts!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Civil War (177BC- )

When Neokles died, the whole Arche was shaken. Neokles and Bykoli were the last of the line of Megas Demetrios and only they and the line of Euboulides remained of the descendants of Antigonos Gonatas. Neither Neokles or Bykoli had a son. Neokles had not been a great man, but Bykoli was far worse. The council of nobles in Pella had long disliked Bykoli, for he was stupid, decadent, and was easily manipulated by his friend / son-in-law Pefkolaos. Bykoli had also been accused of hiring assassins to kill ruling members of the council and even some in the royal family, including Pyrrhos' elder brother. Fearing Bykoli's control of the Arche, the council of nobles turned to Pyrrhos to lead them. With this, Pyrrhos had to act, for even if he had turned them down, it meant that he would be seen as an ememy to Bykoli's and he and his family would be in danger of retribution.

So in 177BC, three men set out on a trek to Pella, with their armies, to get the support of the council. To the north, there was Herakleon, first born son of Euboulides, who should have been next in line after Bykoli. Herakleon did not live long, however, as he died from poisoning while being visited by "envoys" from Bykoli. Second was Pyrrhos, who quickly gained support from subjugated Kart-Hadast, the nobles of Sikilia, and the Romani client-state. With his own family ruling northern Italia, southern Gaul, the Iberian holdings, Illyria, and Epeiros, his movement for support was quick. Then there was Bykoli, who travelled slowly across Babylonia, Assyria, Armenia, and Syria to ensure support for his cause. During his withdraw from the east, Lysippos negotiated a ceasefire with Media in exchange for the return of all Median lands.

When Pyrrhos arrived in Pella first, it appeared that Bykoli had lost. Bykoli considered retreating to Babylonia, but Pefkolaos urged him forward, to confront Pyrrhos in battle. Bykoli died, however, when one of his own men stabbed him while he walked through their camp. The assassin died quickly and nobody was sure why he did it or if anyone hired him. It seemed Pyrrhos was left the only option for Basileus, but Pefkolaos did not give up. Claiming his own son, grandson of Bykoli, was the rightful heir, Pefkolaos pushed forward and met Pyrrhos. So, in Thraikia, the two men met with their massive armies...

^^The Red and the Blue factions are the ones fighting for the Makedonian Empire
    Last edited by Aldgarkalaughskel; September 08, 2008 at 01:46 AM.

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Default Re: II. RTW AAR of the Month Competition - Duel for the 2nd and 3rd places.

Voted - and good luck to both MarcusAureliusAntoninus and Legio Caesar!

Default Re: II. RTW AAR of the Month Competition - Duel for the 2nd and 3rd places.

The Pyrrhic Dynasty - by MarcusAureliusAntoninus has my vote

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Voted

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

A truly very hard choice, but voted.

♔Old Dragoon♔'s Avatar I'm Your Huckleberry
    Content Emeritus

Voted as well! Good luck to all.

Voted and Good luck

bomberboy's Avatar Domesticus

Good Luck. Voted.
    Check out my Music reviews here now!
    Bomberboy's reviews
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=175306

Jingles's Avatar Praefectus

After much deliberation, I've voted. Best of luck to both authors

MAA all the way!
    Son of PW

Voted.

Good luck to both of you. May the better AAR win!
    "He will die, but you will be destroyed" - Marion. From the AAR "Sword of Albion" by Theodotos I.

Quote Originally Posted by HunGeneral View Post
    Voted.

Good luck to both of you. May the better AAR win!
    Well technically they'll both win something . Anyways nice aars both of you, and keep writing. Voted btw .