Thread: Fort Glitch/Senate/Units

Icon10 Fort Glitch/Senate/Units

Ok well I just downloaded the mod yesterday and I must say, OMFG its unbelievable!! This quite seriously one of the coolest mods I have ever played (mainly because I hate M2TW because its requirements are too high) but I digress.

Forts: Well I'm not sure if you guys know about this but there is a huge glitch on the forts. I was fighting a battle as Sicily vs England and I was in the fort. Now they were on two sides of the castle (it was me vs eng1 and eng2) and one brought the ram and it worked fine (broke through the gate and then I slaughtered them) and then the other people brought one of their rams (they had two) and started attacking the wall and the other started attacking the gate but they weren't actually hitting it, they were hitting the gatehouse.
    Now eventually the ram attacking the wall stopped attacking and the troops tried to run through the wall (which was quite hilarious ). Now the other ram was finished attacking the gatehouse (was at 100% damage) but the gate didn't open. Then when I tried to move my troops out they tried to go through the fake hole in the wall the ram tried so hard to make .

Senate: I was wondering why nearly all of the Christian factions have the Senate. Are you trying to make the Papacy from the Senate? Cause that would be cool I think.

Units: Are we going to see some more unique units to some of the factions in RM3? Cause from what I see all of the Christian factions they basically all have the same units (I haven't looked at the others). So if anyone can tell me whats planned there I would be appreciative.

Default Re: Fort Glitch/Senate/Units

have you seen the sticky RM3 all units post? thats where most of the already made units are.. i think we are going to have lots of unique units : D

Jingles's Avatar Praefectus

1. Yes we have something planned for the Senate thing. (make sure you downloaded the latest hotfix, as this changes the senate tab to 'The Pope')

2. Yes, there are going to be many, many unique units. Some of which I'm skinning myself .

3. I don't know about the castle thing. It clearly needs looking at. This isn't my area of expertise however.

Glad you're enjoying the mod, and Welcome to the forums!

Flowermasher's Avatar Foederatus
    reality is an accpeted set of ethics and blah blah blah

I have had the fort issue happen in Vanilla RTW and BI so I think it may have more to do with the over all game script rather than the mod. I had my Romans do the same thing to a galic fort and none of the doors opened up. Thankfully I had enough archers to just shoot everyone to death.
    Lets just be clear and note that the Phalanx in RTW makes all other units worthless except for archers.....

Hoson: Yea I justed looked at that post after I made this one. Was to lazy to edit it though .

Jingle_Bombs: I tried to download the latest hotfix but where do I put it (I only got the thing that says RM2_Hot_Fix6.rar but I don't know where to put it. If you could tell me where I would appreciate it)

Flowermasher: Ahh...I didn't know this. I didn't really use forts at all but when I saw that they where castles now I rushed to fight one.

Lord Of The Knights's Avatar Rome Medieval ******

@Rameth: you can find the latest HotFix (No.8) here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=190954
    everything is written in the post.

Ok well I am a total noob and don't understand this at all

Copy RomeMedievalMod and Data folders and paste them into your game directory.
    No need to delete map.rwm.but you have to start a new campaign.
    Okay do I just copy RomeMedievalMod or the Data folder by itself? Also what is my game directory??? Also what is map.rwm.??

Edit: Okay i tried to download the sprites but I only got a .rar file -_-. What do I do with that?? Can anyone please help me I am not really experienced with downloading mods.
    Last edited by Rameth; September 08, 2008 at 04:29 PM.

Lord Of The Knights's Avatar Rome Medieval ******

You need to extract the .rar files before anything.
    You must install the sprites addon first then the latest fix.

about the sprites addon,you need to extract the .rar,you will get a folder "RM_Sprites" which include (descr_model_battle.txt and sprites folder),copy them and paste in Rome Total War\RomeMedievalMod\Data

after extracting RM HotFix.rar you will get a folder includes two folders (RomeMedievalMod and Data),you need to copy the two folders and paste them in Rome Total War folder.
    don't worry about the map.rwm

Follow these steps one by one,Good Luck

Ok here my problem with the sprite add-on. I go to download the sprite add-on from filefactory. Its 46.5 MB but its a .rar file, not a zip, and I can't do anything with a .rar file, or I don't know what to do. Heres a pic to clarify.

Thats what I got from the download.

Also I had another pic that showed what I could do when I right clicked it but photobucket is being evil. Though there wasn't anything called extract or anything like that and when I click open it just says it needs to find a who made it on the internet or use a program from your computer.

Also I downloaded the hotfix and its in a zip file but it need the sprites first right?

Edit: Also does the hotfix work without the sprites? Cause I've downloaded it like three times now and its the same rar file not a zip and I don't know what to do
    Last edited by Rameth; September 08, 2008 at 08:04 PM.

Ragnos's Avatar Semisalis

You can download WinRAR from here:

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

It's the first option. It's technically a trial, but you can keep using it after it expires.

Woot!! Finally Okay I've downloaded everything and applied everything as well. Thanks LOTK and Ragnos

Edit: Well after playing a few times everything works fine. Also It was doing that thing where it CTD when you try to reload a campaign map after you've exited the game but when I got the hotfix I tested and it didn't do that any more . Playing in my new Sicilian campaign and I just took rome .

Also another question if you don't mind answering LOTK. Will the Papacy have its own faction like in MTW and S.P.Q.R? Also will they function like the senate does? Giving out missions and such? And will they be excommunicating you if you attack other Christian factions? Sorry for all the questions just really excited about the mod lol.
    Last edited by Rameth; September 09, 2008 at 02:58 AM.