Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Medieval Total War - Redux (Beta)

Default Re: Medieval Total War - Redux (Beta)

The Bold Burgundian's Avatar Ducenarius

I re-installed Redux and everything seems fine now. Here's some screens of my Italian Campaign. Push the Lombards into the sea, hear the lamentations of their women!

http://imgur.com/a/GWsWY
    Last edited by The Bold Burgundian; April 25, 2012 at 02:48 AM.
    T.W.C.
    Total War Cynics

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

Hello Pies, brushing up on the "Cimmerian wisdoms" of old, are we?

Anyways, good thinking about posting up some campaign-screens, have some rep on me for that stuff. I took the liberty of making them visible directly here. Folks, without further ado the first screens from RXB1003 (released yesterday), taken from an Italian campaign - courtesy of Lord of the Pies....

Don' mess with the Doge's champion, or else... Other then that, the grass sure is greener in Redux.

On a personal and different note.... I may have broken a record in loading times as I checked out RXB1003 on W7 yesterday before releasing it. Using the v.1.1-engine I got regularly - 1 second loading times! I did not even get to see the new loading-screen. Boom! And I was in the game. Even small battles... Boom! And the battles was on... I must admit that not even with the special optimal stuff installed on my (OS) 2000 PC, I have never managed to load Redux as fast as I now can on my W7-PC...

The VI/v.2.01-engine is still somewhat slower, about 3-4 seconds slower in general. However, it still falls well within what can be considered good and acceptable loading times. Averaging about 4-8 seconds on W7 (essentially the same as on 2000). On my hardware anyways...

- A
    ---------------------
    Cyprian2, you have my reply/comments in post:238....

Dem shifty-lookin Byzantines are bein' shifty-like.

T.W.C.
    Total War Cynics

GeorgiBG's Avatar Miles

Excellent, Its hard to believe that this is MTW: VI!!! I must make even a second installation of this game on my laptop. One is for the XL mod (Bulgaria, Bulgaria, Bulgaria IN IT) and the second for this great, great, great mod!

Rep+ for you by me.

Hi guys....

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Pies View Post
    Dem shifty-lookin Byzantines are bein' shifty-like.
    Yup, I agree... However in all fairness, your Italian boys aren't looking that friendly-like either, to be honest here... And the Germans, they are probably not set on any "peace, love and understanding" soon either. To me, they look like they are waiting to kill off the scraps and picking up the spoils after the Byzantines clashed with you. Watch out for them Germans. I can see them now - sitting there - dreaming of moving in and taking control of Venice whenever they get the chance - and bringing both sauerkraut and imperial glory to Italy!

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiBG View Post
    Excellent, Its hard to believe that this is MTW: VI!!! I must make even a second installation of this game on my laptop. One is for the XL mod (Bulgaria, Bulgaria, Bulgaria IN IT) and the second for this great, great, great mod!
    Thanks a bunch man.... Well the engine certainly is MTW, however the rest are with few exceptions Redux all the way...

As for XL 3.0, there certainly are things I appreciate with it, but at the same time I also think it is way too dependent on the original game for me to really buy the experience it provides. I also think that it has included too many factions for its own good. And, I like the overall designs, experience and looks of Redux so much more anyhow. Had I not thought that - I might very well have played some XL - and Redux would not exist. Anyhow, there is plenty of good and solid "craftsmanship" in XL 3.0 and I can certainly appreciate that - as well as the sheer effort that gone into it - this regardless what I may think of the designs. Well, that's just me anyways...

- A

My Doge went crusading to push the Norse out of Italy!

T.W.C.
    Total War Cynics

By Odin's Beard!

Well, that king of yours is hardly fit to rule an empire such as Italy! Too weak, too feeble, too ungodly and barely able to read the written word as well... If you got a better prince running around - I suggest you do a regicide! If not, it is about time this king of yours got some real experiences of "knightly life" befitting his stature - some battles, slaughter, plunder and wenching! He has no place sitting around at home eating Spaghetti Bolognese and counting silver....

With a king like that, no wonder the Norse thinks Sicily belongs to them. You could certainly do with a bunch of successful crusades under his belt to get some piety going for him. And some healthy slaughtering of rebels etc. to pump up some dread-value as well. And some more battles for the stars. That is at least what I would do for starters here.

- A
    -----------------
    BTW folks, I have cleaned up and updated the thread somewhat (first page and a
    few relevant posts). Making some posts more up to date there, so to speak...

I have a question:
    Does this mod change the bad bad bad "feature" in VI that attackers besiegeing a fortress
    take casualties as well? This actually broke the AI expansion...
    Play "Holodance"
    The ultimate dancing game now in early access on steam!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/42..._7_7_230_150_1

Quote Originally Posted by Bearhugger View Post
    Does this mod change the bad bad bad "feature" in VI that attackers besiegeing a fortress take casualties as well?
    That is hardcoded I'm afraid.... So no, that is impossible to change in VI.... But, see below...

This actually broke the AI expansion...
    For raw MTW perhaps... For Redux, no... The AI in Redux is different, because I have changed and re-calibrated it from scratch (literally). I have also drastically changed the circumstances all over in the game as to suit and work with the RX-AI - instead of against it (as is basically the case of raw MTW). The RX-AI builds bigger, better and more balanced armies and it does this on a regular basis basically everywhere. It develops provinces more sensibly and can even seemingly handle small or medium fleets fairly well for trade and naval invasions etc. etc. It also works faster as the pacing of Redux is faster. Essentially everything is much tougher for the player in Redux - this includes the AI and how it behaves, regardless of faction. The RX-AI capacity to expand is fairly well documented, take a look....

And...

The AI of RXB1003 is the same. If you still have any doubts then download it and find out first hand...

- A
    Last edited by Axalon; May 12, 2012 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Stuff...

Hi Axalon,

I've finally gotten around to installing this very promising mod. I'm feeling the urge to play MTW once again and can't think of a better way than to do so than with Redux.

After installing, I try to launch the game and I get this error:

Unknown faction label used to indicate building advantage: column 13 row 19

PAPIST
    Any idea what this is?
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

Hello Atheniandp, see post: 220 and 224... This is an easy problem, you need to install the VI-upgrade as well. Once that is properly installed on top, have a look at this place (and feel free to join the discussions as well)....

http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumd...?263-MTW-Redux

- A

Wow, Axalon. Very nice AI expansion
    Play "Holodance"
    The ultimate dancing game now in early access on steam!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/42..._7_7_230_150_1

Sicknero's Avatar Senator

I have a question:
    Does this mod change the bad bad bad "feature" in VI that attackers besiegeing a fortress
    take casualties as well? This actually broke the AI expansion...
    History records that a besieging army was anything but a safe place to be.

So many dudes in one place, and what with medieval hygiene being what it was and all, meant that quite a proportion of the besiegers could be lost to disease and infection over the course of a siege... and then there's the death of Richard I of England at a siege in France - not while leading his soldiers into the fray or anything heroic like that, but while "observing the progress of the siege". He was wounded in the arm by a crossbow bolt, and died of an infection ten days later.

Nice looking mod by the way, downloading now...
    Last edited by Sicknero; May 14, 2012 at 11:30 AM.

Thanks a bunch guys...

Anyways, I have finally created a demo-screen as to combat the myth (voiced by people, too lazy to read things at all) that Redux is essentially limited to some sort of GFX-upgrade of the original game. Personally, I do find that whole idea ridiculously ignorant and laughable as Redux is actually among the most extensive re-designs of MTW ever attempted to date. So - yes - I do have a hard time to just accept such notions. Anyhow, I hope people like this demo-screen all the same, here it is...

Now, this is essentially to provide a some sort of small hint to the lazy reader/lurker/gamer/whatever that Redux (RXB1003) has it's own and extensive designs. Among other things...

• A unique AI-system (created from scratch for both troops, buildings and upgrades).
    • A unique combat-system (created from scratch, more detailed and advanced then MTW ever was. Feel free to verify that first hand).
    • A unique trade-system (created from scratch)
    • A unique price-system (created from scratch)
    • A unique tax-system (created from scratch)
    • A unique mercenary-system (created from scratch)
    • A unique stability-system (created from scratch)
    • A unique rebel-system (created from scratch)
    • A unique unit roster (created from scratch)
    • A unique tech-tree (a really big one, and essentially created from scratch)
    • A unique strat-map (sea-squares are completely re-drawn as well)
    • More design-stuff, concerning god knows what (very possibly made from scratch - what else?)...

I just kind of thought that we could finally clear that up once and for all (basically, this post is for future reference
    and has little to do with any current event, in case anybody wonders). Any questions on this...?

- A
    ----------------
    I have too say, that avatar of yours certainly does live up to its name Mr.Nero....
    Last edited by Axalon; May 15, 2012 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Mo stuff!

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

I am more than a noob so please tell me if i understood corectly.
    I re-installed MTW Gold/2.1 in a folder named MTW.
    I download the MTW-Redux beta1003
    I download VI upgrade.

I unzip the MTW-Redux beta1003
    I open it and rename the big folder MTW (as my primary installation folder)
    I copy paste over it.
    I do the same thing with VI upgrade.

What about the small folder that the main download has ?
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Hello AnthoniusII,

Just so we are on the same page here... You are not having troubles installing Redux, but are seemingly wondering about the "Redux Bonus Materials"-folder and what purpose it serves? Did I understand you correctly there? In the event that this is indeed what you had in mind here...

It basically contains additional material (portraits, templates etc.) that might be used for Redux at your discretion (it is optional). It is not a necessity to play Redux with it but it might very well be more enjoyable to do so. See included "Redux_ReadMe1003.txt", section 7, "Customization & Redux". That section explains such stuff and more about it. Other then that I also recommend section 1, "Before install"-entry as well as to ensure a more polished and solid game-experience on general terms (if you have not done that already). Other then that, if you have any suggestions on additional material that you would want to see included in the bonus materials - I'm listening (however, I promise nothing)...?

- A
    Last edited by Axalon; May 16, 2012 at 01:18 PM. Reason: She-Hulk!

Right...
    In a post you said that there are two main campaigns but in 1003 version there is only one.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

I did? Where? Which post?

- A

Maybe missunderstood.
    Now Redux plays exelent in W7 64bit.
    What makes that when the original game can not?
    Can you sugest anything inorder to make vanilla 2.1 playble in W7?
    I could play custom battles but not campaigns.
    Also if you are interesting in unit descr texts and names (at least for the byzantines) i could help.